Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • GXP wandering shim / dust seal
  • davros

I’ve been cursed by the GXP gods. My previous one was fine for 18 months. Installed a new one recently and the drive side shim/dust seal is wandering out. I corrected it before yesterday’s ride but after 30km it’s moved again 😡

Any suggestions? Grease on the spindle? No grease on the spindle?

It’s torqued up to spec so that’s not the issue.

I’m thinking a small wrap of gorilla tape on the spindle will stop it wandering.

dc1988

Is that the drive side one? I’m sure I had no issues on mine for years but it started moving when I fitted the cranks on a new bike. I fitted a wave washer to take up the slack and it seems to be working

davros

Yeah drive side. I’ve got a wave washer but it’s not wavy enough to fill the void. I’ll see if I can combine it with some spacers.

dc1988

My E13 cranks come with a wave washer and various nylon ones and you just stuff as many as needed to take up the slack so I’m sure it would work just the same

davros

I dug out the old shim and the new one is baggy by comparison. So not sure if it was like that from the factory or if it’s massively worn since installation. I’ve stuck the old one back on and will so how that goes. 👍

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘GXP wandering shim / dust seal’ is closed to new replies.