Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • GX force or rival cassette
  • z1ppy

Is Force any better at durabilty? Current Rival has done 1200 miles on two chains, I changed 1st a little late (.75+) .. meh, the last SLX did 1800 on one chain, & the original sram only did 1K miles. Do I need to go XX1 to get the legendary mile ppl talk about? Pity the shimano freehub sound like a childs rattle in the wheel, or I’d consider swapping back

I’d look at ali-express options but the way it playing up, I think i need to change it now

Reality is that as force is half the price again, than the rival, it’ll need to be very durable to make up the price difference. I wondered what other ppl experiences were with GX

intheborders
    Free Member

I’ve the SRAM PG1130 Cassette 11-42T on both my old and new gravel bikes – Planet X ‘spec’.

The old one has done 2000 miles and on the 2nd chain and the new one 1100 miles on the original chain. Both still fine.

steve_b77
    Free Member

They’re all made of steel, they just get lighter.

You’re getting your gruppos mixed up BTW, Force (PG1170) & Rival are HG / SRAM freehub and intended for road / CX / Gravel use

GX (PG1130) is XD freehub, so if you’ve been running an SLX cassette and I assume 11 speed, you won’t be fitting a GX PG1130 without a new freeehub.

If they’re only lasting 1000 miles you’re doing something very wrong as the one (PG1170) on my last CX / commuter bike did over 4000k and took a new chain without any issue at all.

intheborders
    Free Member

GX (PG1130) is XD freehub,

Probably as mine are Shimano freehub SRAM cassettes 11-42.

peteimpreza

PG1130 is the same fitment as Shimano. Which I say with confidence having just changed the cassette on my gravel bike from Shimano to SRAM with no changes to the freehub body

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘GX force or rival cassette’ is closed to new replies.