Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Gwydir/Marin off piste?
  • Premier Icon olly2097
    Free Member

Going up round the Marin on Sunday. Classic ride.

I’ve been watching some YouTube vids of off piste trails. The comments don’t signpost you.

Anyone got a decent gpx that includes some of these?

Strava doesn’t seem to show me many segments in the videos and trailforks just has the standard loop.

Seems it’s a case of “if you know, you know”

Wouldn’t mind a few new descents to mix it up a bit.

Thanks

Premier Icon Marin
    Free Member

Negotiations are going on to get off piste trails legalised at the moment and peeps are being asked not to Strava them. Keep an eye out for trails cutting off the main fire road, drop in and see what happens, old skool finding trails! Not much help I know.

Premier Icon crab
    Free Member

Many years back (c2010) we used to session a bunch of trails that come off the Marin trail, it’s at the point where the trail is closest to Betws and they run down towards the river. All clearly visible on Strava. Pm me if you want exact directions.

Premier Icon mrchrist

The footpaths and paths are pretty good around there…

Premier Icon chakaping
    Free Member

it’s at the point where the trail is closest to Betws and they run down towards the river. All clearly visible on Strava.

There are indeed a selection of tracks dropping down there, shown on Trailforks so we’re not giving up any secrets I presume.

As for the other stuff, maybe it’s more “if you know you know”, but it’s fairly easy to have a sniff around and ask locals when you’re there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.