Viewing 19 posts - 161 through 179 (of 179 total)
  • Gwinn leaves $pecialized. Where too now?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well he was incredibly dull…
    Bruni has been on the podium for most of last season, I think he will step up, factor in rat boy, minaar and mabe gee along with the other 5 or 6 young guys coming through and I do think reckon Gwinn will have another dominant season. Great investment.

chakaping
    Free Member

From PB…

. YT will be supplying their Carbon Tues chassis, suspension will be Fox Factory, with e*Thirteen wheels and drivetrain parts, Onza tires, TRP brakes, Renthal cockpit items, SDG saddles, Motorex chemical products, and ODI grips. Gwin’s personal sponsors are Alpinestars clothing, Red Bull, Troy Lee Design helmets, Giro shoes, HT pedals, Smith Goggles and KTM motorcycles.

chakaping
    Free Member

The bikes will also feature Sram DH shifter/mech – though not on a sponsored basis.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Great investment… particularly considering the five pages of chatter here. 8)

legend
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    Fox suspension and fox clothing were founded seperately by two brothers. Legend has it they flipped a coin to decide who got which logo hence the fox head on jerseys and the tail on the suspension.

Thanks for that…. not really sure what you’re getting at when it’s clearly a Fox Suspension logo rather than the Fox head symbol from the clothing company.

alpin – Member
    I hope that it is already common knowledge that Bruni and Co are riding for Specialized….

Weeks ago, also not the full factory team. The full-blown factory outfit only has Brosnan this year, the others are “Specialized Gravity” iirc

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

This quote from the PB interview with YT boss:

‘somebody who understands the big picture and provides a steady and reliable economical cover, not caring about where markets are seemingly moving to, but willing to put in the effort necessary to actually define these markets.’

…makes me wonder whether $pesh were coercing Gwin to ride – gasp – a 29er.. 😯

wrecker
    Free Member

suspension will be Fox Factory

That doesn’t mean that they are a sponsor. They could be, but they haven’t been named.

chakaping
    Free Member

The copy could have been more specific, but I’m fairly confident that was the list of sponsors.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Thanks for that…. not really sure what you’re getting at when it’s clearly a Fox Suspension logo rather than the Fox head symbol from the clothing company.

You’re right, I skimmed past the pic and mistook the YT logo for the FOX.

wrecker
    Free Member

Interesting. The YT site doesn’t list them;

In addition to YT as title sponsor, the YT Mob will have the following co-sponsors: e*thirteen, Onza Tires, TRP, Renthal, SDG, Motorex, ODI, Cane Creek and Alpinestars.

You’d think the suspension sponsor would be quite an important one!
    Also interesting is that the full name seems to be “YT Mob USA”. They are prepping for a big run at america, and bloody good luck to them. Hopefully they’ll take a bite out of the big players and we’ll see some more direct sales models.

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s odd, with the logo being on his jersey too.

Not that I care that much TBH, I just enjoy the DH gossip.

😀

wrecker
    Free Member

Not that I care that much TBH, I just enjoy the DH gossip.

Me too! 😀
    I find the movements and mechanics of race teams fascinating. Love a bit of juicy gossip too.

mark88

Pinkbike doesn’t really go into the Fox deal, but Dirt mentions it:

The press release below names an interesting list of sponsors, the mighty Tues frame takes centre stage, but oddly the list does not include Fox Shox even though their logo is one the race jerseys. The reason? Just Gwin is sponsored by Fox and not the team.

stcolin
    Free Member

It will be an exciting season for sure. I think Bruni will be up there. I’m also keen to see how Atherton does on the Trek, he had a quiet season last year. Perhaps he has passed his best.

wrecker
    Free Member

I wanna see how well an uninjured Rat does. Was that season a fluke or can he rule again?

deviant
    Free Member

It will be an exciting season for sure. I think Bruni will be up there. I’m also keen to see how Atherton does on the Trek, he had a quiet season last year. Perhaps he has passed his best.

I doubt he’s passed his best, physically he is the stand out specimen in men’s DH seemingly taking the fitness and conditioning side more seriously than most….then look at the Redbull Hardline videos from the end of season, Gee has more talent on a DH bike than most give credit for, unfortunately his dour (at times) personality doesn’t help…..expect to see him on the podium all season, the Trek is universally well regarded as a neutral and easy to ride machine.

Re. Ratboy….he’ll be back too, he has bags of natural talent, he won at Mont St Anne last year while on the recovery road, he’ll win again this year now fully rehabilitated.

It’s Hill I’m interested in, the new Nukeproof looks awesome and hopefully the shoulder has healed, if it hasn’t then that’s a career ending injury right there….sad if he has to go out with a whimper, in full flow there’s nobody I’d rather watch!

Also interested to see Mike Jones step up this year, a podium last season and a good result at the WCs is great for a young lad but the top step beckons I feel….

I think Gwin has a tough job this year….it goes without saying that Minnaar will be in form, Gee is always a threat, Bryceland is a winner now, Hill on the comeback trail, Bruni looking to win some more now he’s got the taste, Brosnan can and will win….the leftfield team from GT of the reprobates Dale, MacDonald and Wyn Masters will ruffle some feathers too although I think the top step will elude that lot!

…. It’s going to be awesome, just wish they’d make the season 10 races long!

chakaping
    Free Member

We really need Dirt to bring back the Fantasy DH so we can get our geek on properly.

I’ve tweeted them on the subject, please do the same.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Troy just popped his shoulder so may be a bit tender up in cairns, hmm really want to get up to cairns…

chakaping
    Free Member

Dirt interview with Martin Whiteley…

Exclusive Interview: YT Mob Team Director Martin Whiteley

Viewing 19 posts - 161 through 179 (of 179 total)

The topic ‘Gwinn leaves $pecialized. Where too now?’ is closed to new replies.