Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Gwlad! Rugby, isn’t it, look you!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, it’s the Saturday afternoon rugby thread!

Hoping for a grand win in Italy today, and then I have to support the Scots to stop the Irish Slam!

Here goes….!

Altogether now…

And we were singing
    hymns and arias
    Land of my Fathers…

AR HYD Y NOS!

MussEd
    Free Member

forza Italia! Nice back row move from them there…

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Scotland to stop the Irish? Nice thought, but then so is me with good looks and a full head of hair

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

Strong start by the Italians.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

AR HYD Y NOS!

Bless you.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Diolch!

MussEd
    Free Member

I frickin’ HATE how they{BBC Pundits} arrogantly assume that the big teams will just come good no matter how a game is going. Just a matter of popping on the big subs and Wales will walk it. No credit to Italy, no mention how badly Wales are playing{scrum is a joke! kicking game has been merda etc} Jonathan Davies is bginning to criticise his countrymen though.

It spoils the games for me, since Bill McLaren retired their coverage has gone steadily downhill. Commentary is so one-eyed it verges on patronising. Bill wouldn’t have stood for it.

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Go The Azzurri!

🙂

DezB
    Free Member

and there was me thinking Wales were an entertaining side….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This ain’t great. Parisse is, though. What an 8 that man is!

MussEd
    Free Member

Va fanculo shanklin, and take that plaster off your chin slapheid!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A win’s a win, I suppose. Right then, come on Scotland! (Can’t believe I’m saying that, but needs must….)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fnar, fnar CFH…sets it up for the big one next weekend.

The Scots had our cards marked for the first half – but in fairness, they should have turned that into a few more points and gone in more than three clear. The green machine came out with a little more oil in the second and played some lovely rugby. I hope Heaslip gets a little telling off for nearly bloody dropping that ball while he was celebrating. He has been a revelation this year, and though I wouldn’t wish injury on any man, I was relieved to see Leamy go off and Heaslip come on. He somehow makes our forwards look far more dynamic when he’s playing. Brilliant break by Stringer for the try too. After Ireland went seven clear for the second time, Scotland had run out of ideas…harrying the Irish at the breakdown was always going to work for a limited time only.

So next week, as bad as Wales were today, there was a raft of changes and the squad didn’t quite gel – the big guns will be out next week and I still think maybe the championship will be Irelands but Wales will win the game. Our scrum was very worrysome today – Hayes looked as vulnerable as I’ve ever seen him. If we scrummage like that next week, we’ll be in trouble and we can’t count on the Welsh line-out being as dodgy as the Scottish one today.

On another note, how the hell did so many tickets for that game today fall into Irish hands? At times, it sounded like Croker in there when the Irish were in full voice.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Darcy, there’s still an outside chance of a French 6N win, I think. Need to look at the numbers…!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Darcy, there’s still an outside chance of a French 6N win, I think. Need to look at the numbers…!

Aye, you’re not wrong (for once). And I just realised their last game is against Italy so could be a bag full of points for them if they fire. I suppose they need to beat England. Did you see the Johnson interview after the second game? Despite the slightly stupid questions, I still thought he was a “bit” on the tetchy side. Made me giggle a bit though.

BlingBling
    Free Member

Let’s hope the English get smashed by the French pack tomorrow :mrgreen:

AndyPaice
    Free Member

“Let’s hope the English get smashed by the French pack tomorrow [:mrgreen:] “

Points and laughs

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Gwlad! Rugby, isn’t it, look you!’ is closed to new replies.