Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Guys shooting on the Mendips today – total idiots??
  • rkk01
    Free Member

AA, you make the incorrect assumption that there were any RoW in the area I was describing – there are not.

You’ve got your logic completely the wrong way round rkk.

No, I don’t think so. My logic is based on safety.

Informing people that there is a shoot on and that certain areas are unsafe is not just logical, but is also responsible.

Unfortunately, some people just will not be told.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

AA, you make the incorrect assumption that there were any RoW in the area I was describing – there are not.

Err? Then you were assuming in the case described above he was not on a RoW which he says he was. Different case of course if we’re talking private land and the ‘numpty’ is trespassing…

myheadsashed

Maybe Jamies favourite film is ‘Deliverance’ and he was looking for some action of the piggy kind 😳

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scotsman
    Free Member

They might by half a mile or a mile downrange, but the shot falls from the sky at some point – it’s called gravity…

Sheesh, shot from a shot gun cartridge that can travel up to a mile away! birdshot only has an effective kill range of 50-70 meters and might travel 300 meters with the wind behind hit, although they could of been shooting pheasant with solid slugs which might travel up to a mile?
    Sorry, awaiting the “Guns”

rkk01
    Free Member

Err? Then you were assuming in the case described above he was not on a RoW which he says he was. Different case of course if we’re talking private land and the ‘numpty’ is trespassing…

AA, if you re-read my first post, you’ll see that I was sympathetic towards the OP, and agreed that the shooter concerned was being an arse (in terms of his manner).

I went on to describe my own experiences – where telling people that there was a shoot on was for everyones safety, especially numpties walking around where they shouldn’t be…

I haven’t been shooting for about 10 years now. Too many people want to charge you for the privilege (vermin / rough shooting is not the same nobby sport as organised game shoots). And, sadly, the countryside is too full of people who have little understanding of the countryside….

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

And, sadly, the countryside is too full of people who have little understanding of the countryside….

That’s a bit @rsey. 😉

taka
    Free Member

when were shooting on a ROW we just stick some signs up saying shooting in progress continue at own risk that way if anyone decides to carry on and gets shot its there fault also shooters don’t want walkers or bikes etc to be crossing the next drive scaring all the birds away spoiling the massacre in some cases 😉

noteeth
    Free Member

Strangely, some Mendip shooters “moving us on” (i.e. telling us to pish off whilst heavily armed) set in train the events which eventually cost me my front teeth.

Not in a direct causal sense, of course – they were merely actors on History’s great, ill-fated stage. 😥

Coyote
    Free Member

‘be safe, remember we’re the ones with the guns’

Yup, and I’m the little **** letting your tyres down while you are playing the big man with the shootah!

spock
    Free Member

discrete shoe lace tie then a quick zip tie (a few pre joined should do the trick) of the ankles together, followed be a gentle push.
    That should do the job quite nicely

spock
    Free Member

then you get the cordless drill out the camelback, attach the 9mm drill bit and make some weight savings to the knee caps.
    You can the carefully unpick the zip ties, be a shame to waste them.

rkk01
    Free Member

scotsman – Member
    They might by half a mile or a mile downrange, but the shot falls from the sky at some point – it’s called gravity…
    Sheesh, shot from a shot gun cartridge that can travel up to a mile away! birdshot only has an effective kill range of 50-70 meters and might travel 300 meters with the wind behind hit, although they could of been shooting pheasant with solid slugs which might travel up to a mile?
    Sorry, awaiting the “Guns”
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

I’ ve always reckoned 45-50yds, but shot can travel long way in the air before falling back to the ground (often had the shot from the next set of woods fall back around me. Of course it has no power to it – a bit like being out in hail

rkk01
    Free Member

That’s a bit @rsey.

Maybe so. But where I grew up and shot on local farms, lots of wealthy incomers arrived and started complainig about everything that makes the countryside the countryside – cocks crowing, cows shitting & making a mess, the smell & untidiness of it all, people out shooting….

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Guys shooting on the Mendips today – total idiots??’ is closed to new replies.