Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Guy Martin drives an FXX
  • onandon
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have thought this would be a problem for a guy who rags the shite out of bikes for a living.
    He looks impressed 🙂

butcher

I randomly come across this video the other week.The kid with him looks terrified. And rightfully so. When Guy Martin gets nervous, you should probably be VERY nervous.

wrecker
    Free Member

Ah’m Shekkin

Didn’t slow down though did you, you batshit crazy bastard!!!!!

dawson

Love how GM just keeps repeating himself – tells you something when GM is lost for words! 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

I think this demonstrates perfectly why he would have been a bloody awful choice to present top gear 🙂

onandon
    Free Member

Yep, topgear test the new veyron.
    Ah’m Shekkin, Ah’m Shekkin,Ah’m Shekkin, CHRIST! Ah’m Shekkin.
    Wouldn’t make good TV would it 🙂

singlespeedstu

Cup o tea cheaf?

Northwind

on and on – Member

I wouldn’t have thought this would be a problem for a guy who rags the shite out of bikes for a living

It’s different tbh, my bike’ll do 0-60 in not much more than 3 seconds, but it doesn’t feel that fast while it’s doing it tbh. Let me drive a car that’ll do that and most likely I would shit my pants. The whole perception of speed/response changes, same way a mountain bike can feels mentally quick at 20mph.

But that thing looks mental.

singlespeedstu

It’s different tbh, my bike’ll do 0-60 in not much more than 3 seconds

Yes it is very different. Your bike wont feel like it has more to give and wants to kill you. 🙂

Northwind

Wasn’t referring to the FXX there but to cars that are equal in performance to the bike. Even a much slower car can feel just as fast. I’ve no idea why this is, it should be the other way round… I think the bike makes the speed too easy to gain, maybe, whereas a fast car tells you it’s working? I dunno.

Course, he’s also much more used to bikes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wasn’t referring to the FXX there but to cars that are equal in performance to the bike. Even a much slower car can feel just as fast. I’ve no idea why this is, it should be the other way round… I think the bike makes the speed too easy to gain, maybe, whereas a fast car tells you it’s working? I dunno.

That makes sense. Not many knots of speed in a boat feels insanely fast, while the same in a car feels like nothing.

singlespeedstu

Maybe it’s because bikes seem much easier to control with that kind of acceleration with them being lighter and easier to control with small body movements?
    Maybe it’s just what you’re used to? Fast cars have always felt more frightening to me than fast bikes.

bensales
    Free Member

I randomly come across this video the other week.The kid with him looks terrified. And rightfully so. When Guy Martin gets nervous, you should probably be VERY nervous.

I dunno. Something about the way that kid talks and things he does in the car suggest he’s spent a fair bit more time in race cars than Guy has. I think he was more concerned about Guy’s driving than the performance of the car. And I say that as a GM fan.

jools182
    Free Member

I think the young lad must have a dad with an interest in cars and a big wallet

jambalaya
    Free Member

Excellent, thanks for the link. Pity it wasn’t on a proper track though

I’d take a guess and say it’s the kids Dad’s car, he seemed familiar with the airfield circuit and the car controls.

nickewen
    Free Member

The lads face at times was hilarious! Grimacing like nee ones business and I agree I think it was more to do with Guy’s driving.. The fact that he didn’t seem to know where he was going at times in a couple million quids worth of top end Ferrari was worrying!

I saw the FXX in the flesh at Goodwood and it was probably my favourite car out of everything I seen that weekend. The noise it makes is just unbelievable.. Ear splittingly raw and aggressive. Up there with an old F1 howl. Properly crazy machine and I was grinning like a Cheshire cat just watching one blit past. Would love a go in one!

Did the guy at the end confirm it was street legal? I thought they were track only.. Unless it’s been modded for street use? Which is insane if it has.

connect2

“It’s an MR2 with a kit on” 😆 😆

cheekyget
    Free Member

Ha ha ha…..I like it…love ole Guy Martin…..his race face and that s kids ….I’m scared face …haha ha…..priceless!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Guy Martin drives an FXX’ is closed to new replies.