Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gusset S2 31.8mm Handlebars and Stem Review
  • Ben_Haworth

This Gusset S2 31.8mm cockpit combo is great for those occasions that require a higher rise set of bars or an even shorter stem.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

Gusset S2 31.8mm Handlebars and Stem Review

anthonyweighell

🙂

sharkattack

I’ve always thought Gusset was one of the grimiest sounding brand names out there and I’ve never fancied having it anywhere on my bike.

I love high rise bars though. I prefer 31.8 and I’d be curious to try a 30mm stem on my ‘arsing around’ bike.

I’d probably combine the stem with my old favourite 40mm Fatbar.

tomparkin

I’ve always thought Gusset was one of the grimiest sounding brand names out there

I initially read that as “grimiest sounding band names”, which confused me a bit.

It would be a pretty grimy band name too mind.

fahzure

50mm rise means fewer headset spacers, more pop/control and adjustability for most riders 5′ 10 and above and 780 or narrower width with 31.8 clamp is appropriate for almost everyone not racing gravity, especially with today’s longer reaches and short head tube bikes.

sharkattack

especially with today’s longer reaches and short head tube bikes.

Preach Brother. I’ve been saying this for ages.

zerocool

31.8 bars for the win. I’ve never tried a pair of 35mm bars that have been in anyway comfy (I haven’t tried the One Up bars though) over rough stuff.

greavo

Looks like a good option to me.

“32mm is as short as you can get for the 35mm clamps.” mmmmm.  The OnOff Stoic FG 30mm BB35 Stem is 30mm length for 35mm bars.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

That gusset stem looks a little clunky, like it had two designers, one for face plate and one for the rest of it, doesn’t even seem to match up properly at the no gap part where it contacts the bar.

rickon
    Free Member

I did some back to back testing with a 35mm OneUp stem and carbon bars (the comfiest 35 bars you can get, and then 31.8mm Spank Vibrocore bars, and then 35mm Spank Vibrocore.

The result…

The 31.8 Vibrocore were head and shoulders the winners.

The OneUp came second, and the 35mm spank third. So I suspect the Vibrocore helps but the size makes the real difference to comfort.

Marketing making us buy inferior products? Never.

doomanic

I’ve got a 32mm long Loam Lab 35mm stem with Renthal Fatbar Carbons and it’s more comfortable than the 31.8mm Spank Vibrocore bars it replaced.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.