• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Gunky eyeballs
  • ebennett

I’m getting sick of picking bits of gunk out of my eyes for a day or two after a ride so thinking about getting some sort of glasses. I’ve seen threads with recommendations, but my question is, are they annoying? I feel like I’ll get them, wear them, find them annoying cos they’re not what I’m used to and then never use them again. Also, don’t they just end up with big mucky bits on them that make it hard to see?

faustus

Get glasses you like, so try them on in a shop if needed. They’re less annoying than getting stuff in your eye, and you can go faster because you can actually see. It’s only in the filth and real wet that stuff goes on them, which you wipe off with your glove. Riding without glasses on a bike is rubbish. Even on the road, as it makes your eyes water at speed and in the cold.

DrP

I really can’t see why people ride WITHOUT glasses, TBH. Though this is just my view, i hate the wind rushing into my eyes, mud etc flicking up, rains etc going in…
    Plus, I need them to see.

DrP

Rubber_Buccaneer

I really can’t see

Would glasses help?

Plus, I need them to see

Ah, they would 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

I like protecting my eyes with glasses just like I wear gloves and a helmet. You get used to them then it feels strange not to wear them. So long as they fit well that is.

medoramas
    Free Member

Since fitting a front MudHugger and the classic CrudCatcher on a downtube, my glasses are only used when I need to protect my eyes from sun.

Which means I haven’t used them since good few months now…

ebennett

Anyone know if Evans have any decent ones? Got a £20 voucher for there I need to use and there’s not much else I need from Evans.

dustytrails

I always wear glasses…can’t stand shit getting in my eyes

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Evans have a quite a range
    As a contact lens wearer ~i have always worn protective glasses and by the £3.99 ones from Decathalon now as I am sick of losing/breaking the more expensive ones. Other cheap alternatives are a pack of 10 protective glasses from Screwfix for example, they do tend to scratch a bit easier but v cheep!

EDIT Have you seen Event Horizon?

ebennett

EDIT Have you seen Event Horizon?

Many moons ago, I’m guessing there’s something horrific in it that’s eye-related?

faustus

As dusty says…you want to stop actual shit going in your eyes too.

I’ve had a pair of endura cuttle glasses for a few years, wear them all year on and off-road and I never think about them, just do the job.

DrP

I really can’t see
    Would glasses help?

Plus, I need them to see
    Ah, they would

Chuckleworthy reply!

DrP

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gunky eyeballs’ is closed to new replies.