• This topic has 27 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Gun control USA – Severe quandry
  • willard

We’ve just about argued the issue of gun control in the US vs. 2nd amendment rights to death (no pun intended), but an article in the Telegraph this morning put me in the most amazing quandry…

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9764438/US-gun-lobby-calls-for-Piers-Morgan-to-be-deported-from-US.html

I hate Piers Moron with a passion ad think he may be jus stirring the Americans up with his stance in a self-serving effort to get more publicity, but I can’t help thinking that in this case he is right. Maybe.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

“quandry”?

toys19
    Free Member

Can we start a corresponding petition not letting him back in, then we can dump him in the atlantic. Or France.

willard

It’s like confusion, coupled with indecision, with a bit of humming and hawing thrown in.

br
    Free Member

Can we start an equivilent petition, to rescind his passport so he’s stuck in some US airport?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362227/

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Quandry indeed, after all if he gets sent back here might he not be charged with phone hacking with the possibility of a spell of taxpayer funded B&B at one HM’s big houses?

smartmonkey
    Free Member

I’m of 2 minds on this one, Looking at how easy it would be for me to obtain an illegal firearm in the UK which has much tighter gun controls. I don’t think that banning certain firearms will stop the criminals/mentally unbalanced people. but making it so weapons have to either be locked in a gun cabinet or on your person (in a locked case if in public and not licensed for concealed carry) would cut out a lot of the accidental gun deaths. And IMHO not infringe on 2nd amendment rights
    SM

aracer
    Free Member

I’m not sure I understand the quandary. I’d rather they kept Piers rather than deporting him back to here, hence I still disagree with everything the US gun lobby says.

kimbers

yeah I hope he stays stateside, after all hes much more likely to get shot there

markenduro
    Free Member

Hopefully the pro gun lobby will use their right to bear arms and sort the tosser out themselves, rather than deporting the waste of skin back here.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

If he stays, and keeps stirring up the locals, its a possibility that some right wing nutter might shoot him.

See – the right to bear arms can have its plus points, yin to the yang and all that!

cheers_drive

Zulu-Eleven – Member
    If he stays, and keeps stirring up the locals, its a possibility that some right wing nutter might shoot him.

See – the right to bear arms can have its plus points, yin to the yang and all that!
    There’s a thought

ThePinkster

Some folks here never cease to amaze me. Yes, Pierced Organ is an odious tabloid hack, but hoping someone takes it upon themselves to shoot (kill?) him?

That’s just not very nice.

tomhoward

Such a high murder rate and he’s still not been shot, despite arguing with gun nuts. Something must be done.

Junkyard
    Free Member

That’s just not very nice.

he reaps what he sows

AlasdairMc

I think he is an outright knobber, but at least he’s annoying America enough from the unique platform he has, so fair play to him.

MSP

I have a plan involving specially trained killer squirrels devouring him slowly starting with his nuts.

That would leave no quandary about gun control.

MSP

Unless the killer squirrels escaped into the wild. Is it possible to shoot squirrels without a fully automatic assault rifle?

hmmm… maybe my plan still needs more work.

MSP

No I have it, we could train attack raccoons with ninja skills to deal with any potential squirrel outbreak.

I love it when a plan comes together!

br
    Free Member

Looking at how easy it would be for me to obtain an illegal firearm in the UK which has much tighter gun controls

From what I understand, its not the gun that is hard to get but the ammunition – or maybe your experience is differnt?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Some folks here never cease to amaze me. Yes, Pierced Organ is an odious tabloid hack, but hoping someone takes it upon themselves to shoot (kill?) him?

That’s just not very nice
    True, far too quick and clean. In Ancient Rome a punishment for certain types of murder was to sew the guilty party into a leather sack with a cockrel and a dog for company then chuck them in the river. That would be better.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I hope he’s successful in his quest to make the gun nut part of american society see how absurd their gun culture actually is. Fair play to the guy.

hora
    Free Member

Arm everyone. Like its the wildwest.

On PM’s comments- brave and forthright. Brave because there are ALOT of idiots bearing arms.

MSP

Is he still not dead yet, I am growing impatient. The squirrels aren’t really ready yet but I may have to release them anyway .

smartmonkey
    Free Member

b r – Member

Looking at how easy it would be for me to obtain an illegal firearm in the UK which has much tighter gun controls

From what I understand, its not the gun that is hard to get but the ammunition – or maybe your experience is differnt?
    my understanding is that ammunition comes from the same place (with the weapon). If it’s an illegal weapon you’re unlikely to be needing 1000’s of rounds.
    But I’ve never sourced one to check this theory. I’ve shot all sorts of interesting weapons legally, but I currently have no need for one.
    If I’m ever going to have a gun it’s going to be legally held and for vermin control.

Back to gun crime/deaths in the US, I’m not sure it’s even down to gun ownership, I think it’s more cultural attitude and perception. There are some parts of Canada that have very similar gun ownership rates and demiographic distribution to areas in the US and the gun crime/death rates are staggeringly different.
    Also Switzerland has extremely low gun crime and a huge proportion of the population has access to military assault weapons. The difference is they all have access to the same weapons and they are trained on them during their national service.
    SM

ThePinkster

smartmonkey – Member
    If I’m ever going to have a gun it’s going to be legally held and for vermin control.

Doesn’t that bring us back to the original subject of Mr. Morgan? 😉

footflaps

There was a prosecution recently of a guy who’d imported hundreds of guns from the US. He bought them out there, stripped them down and checked them in his luggage. He was only caught after a tip off from the US as he was buying so many. So it seems pretty easy to bring them in.

MSP

Wannabe gangsters always claim they can get hold of guns easily, but its just a fantasy, it is actually very hard to get hold of guns in the UK. Anyone not entrenched in the criminal world will more likely end up being beaten and robbed than actually ending up with a workable firearm.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Gun control USA – Severe quandry’ is closed to new replies.