Gum/teeth shield

Home Forum Chat Forum Gum/teeth shield

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gum/teeth shield
  • Premier Icon mtbmaff
    Subscriber

Anybody use a gum/teeth shield designed for when you’re asleep? My dentist as recommended that I have one as I bite my tongue and cheek and gnash my teeth together in my sleep. Just wondered how uncomfortable they are, if at all?
    He is going to try the softer version first but suspects I will need the tougher (expensive?) type.
    Any experiences?

Bear

used one for a bit, only problem is they get absolutely disgusting!

Premier Icon mtbmaff
    Subscriber

Great! My wife already has visions of Hannibal Lecter 😳

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Like this?

gusamc

you could try a hockey gumshield as a possible cheeapie – the sort where you heat in water then bite on and let cool to shape it – probably a fiver or so

please note that I have never played hockey whilst asleep and have no idea what implications it has for sleep – apart from the fact if you get smacked by the missus it might prevent tooth damage

Premier Icon mtbmaff
    Subscriber

Cheers gusamc will give that a try first.

andyl

I used to have one. It was just like the one I used for rugby only it was fitted to my bottom teeth not my top ones.

Not sure if there is a difference which stops you choking on it in your sleep if it slips out. Might be worth asking about that.

TooTall

gus – get the proper one. It isn’t the same as a cheap gash gumshield and does something very different. You’ll not want to try the proper gumshield if you fanny about with the wrong thing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gum/teeth shield’ is closed to new replies.