Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Guitarists, show us your axes ;-)
  • ajantom

Following on from the Luthier thread (and the build has commenced, in buying of hardware form anyway) I’m interested to see what people have and play.

These are the ones that are currently in my music room, and that get played most often.
    (There are a few more about in cases, and a couple of mandolins, banjos, etc.)

Couple of interesting guitars, but nothing really classic or vintage. I’m into players not relics.

Epiphone SST Classic and a Larrivee RS-2 (strings are off as it’s about to get a clean and service)
    Epi and Larrive

Takamine F-400s 12 string (though it’s been played as a 6er for years) , Washburn Monterey Custom Studio 12 string, and an OLP MM1:
    Tak, Washburn & OLP MM1

Hohner SE400 – Mmmmm, jazz, nice.
    Hohner

PRS SE Zach Myers – much customised (neck p90, upgraded pots and electrics, including a built in tuner, Hipshot locking tuners, changed knobs and PU surrounds)
    PRS

OLP MM2 bass
    OLP MM2

Ashbory bass – cool/weird silicon stringed, piezo pickup, sounds like an upright!
    Ashbory

twinw4ll
    Free Member

If only I had the brains or inclination to be able to upload a picture, I’m a bit aghast how many guitars you have, very nice they are though.
    I’m new to playing, six weeks in, but practice about four hours a day, sometimes more.
    I have an American black/rosewood fingerboard 98 fat Stratocaster.
    I’d be interested in what players influence your playing and your musical history.

ajantom

Unfortunately N+1 works with guitars as well as bikes 😉

I’ve played guitar for about 30 years (from 15 onwards) mostly self taught. Though I had quite a strong musical background/training in voice and other instruments so I tend to be able to pick up a instruments quite quickly.

Player wise, I love a bit of blues, was heavily influenced by John Mayall era Peter green and Eric C.
    Also Nick Drake, Bert Jansch and John Martyn.
    Played a lot of grunge, indie and alternative stuff in my yoof too. Loved a bit of early Smashing Pumpkins, Nine inch Nails, faith no more, etc.

Also have a soft spot for west African Afrobeat/Highlife, lots of calypso, Reggae, and of course Ska.

Played in many bands over the years, and had moderate success with a couple. Nothing big time, but got to play at quite a few festivals, we could pull in a decent crowd on a good night.
    Supported Toots and the Maytals on a UK tour, and plenty of other support gigs of biggish names.

metalheart
    Free Member

Ok, I’ll play…

Vintage 52 Hotrod tele:

Plus/Deluxe tele:

Hmm, ignore this bit…

Tokai ES120:
    [img]https://live.staticflickr.com/2603/3904173073_c0d313c2cd_c.jpg[/img]

Tokai Loverock (with BKP Mules and Jensen oil paper caps):

Reverend Charger 290:

Ibanez Jet King:

HSS Strat with BKP pre-wired plate/pick-ups:

There’s also a Yamaha NTX700C nylon electro-acoustic that I don’t have a photo uploaded for (and CSF3M due next week!).

Oh, my amp: Princeton 68 Custom Reverb.

metalheart
    Free Member

Don’t know why the tokai isn’t showing up…

Klunk
    Free Member

my unplayable relic a 77 sg2000 🙂

Bregante
    Bregante

Epiphone Les Paul Standard.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I think I posted these on the other thread… 🤷‍♂️
    Duesenburg Paloma…

And my 63 CS Strat

bob_summers

Really really want that SG2000. Would also like the Squier Tele I learnt to play on, but no idea where it went.

Can’t be bothered digging my Les Paul out for a photo, here it is in happier times (95?) when it used to get played and I could keep a motorbike in the kitchen. That’s not me btw.

Les Paul custom from the 80s ish. Bought it with a bank loan when I got my first job so it’ll never be worth what I ended up paying for it 😂
    Since then it’s lost the pick guard, pickup covers and it got some witch’s hat knobs at some point.

Bregante

Luthier built ES335. Not sure why I bought this really. Love how it looks but barely ever play it. Fancy selling it for a tele.

metalheart
    Free Member

@bikebouy: oh, I do like white strats, many times I have toyed with the idea of getting mine re-finished in Olympic white….

Klunk
    Free Member

got a reissue in sunburst as well

and a strat (wine)

played though my shelving support….

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Loving the Yamaha SGs

Kneel peasants!

ajantom

Some sweet guitars 🙂

YGH – whats the orange Tele on the right? Love it!

bikebouy
    Free Member

@metalheart

Its a 63 CS Strat that I had no intention of buying at the time. I have an American Special Strat in Sonic Blue as well, so why would I need another Strat? 🤷‍♂️
    It’s a beautiful playing thing, mildly relic’d (don’t normally like relic’d guitars, Journeyman is about as relic’d as I like) but I was bored one day and ended up in Andertons and plonked a few guitars through a Rift (I was looking for a Princeton/Tone King clean amp) and this was hiding behind a Hendrix CS and I picked it up and never put it down.

The PU’s are a low output, which I like, I’m into Soul/Jazz/Neo-Soul Isaiah Sharkey esc tones and playing style and this fits perfectly for that. Simple, clean, warm, honky.

My Duesenburg is for sale if anyone’s interested in it…

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Can’t link from google pictures 🙂

ceepers

Ok I’ll play!

Squier Jag with fender AVRI 65 jag pickups and a Vox AC10

Fender CIJ Jazzmaster with AVRI 62 JM pups and wiring

Squier VM Jazzmaster, Creamery P90 pups, custom anodised pickguard, witch hat knobs and mustang style bridge

Fender Blues deluxe 40w

Gretsch Electromatic 5120 With TV jones Filtertrons and custom shop wiring set

Epiphany Dot 335 with Bare Knuckle Blue Monday pickups

Vox AC4TV

Got a G and S GS2 at which is my first electric guitar stashed for quiet moments at work too. Looks like a double cut les Paul junior I guess

AdamT

null

Prs se Zach myres, 245 and ibanez sr305. Some of my collection

ajantom

AdamT – bridge looks different on your PRS Zach Myers compared to mine, an upgrade?
    I see you changed the see through plastic knobs too!

molgrips
    Free Member

Here ya go:

AdamT

The bridge looks slightly different. I have brass saddles, but the other difference is that I have the locking stud things. Funny how we both went for the Gibson knobs!

null

davy-g
    Free Member

My 2007 Yamaha Pacifica 012 budget guitar….

AdamT

Also this

null

bikebouy
    Free Member

Lovely looking guitars..

Being a bit nosey, it would be nice to hear what type/style of music you are into playing…

Ta.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

My collection – and I can’t play any of them in a meaningful way 🙂

ceepers

I play a real mix and my guitars kind of reflect stuff I’ve been into playing over the years.

The Sunburst JM I’ve owned for the longest. I was a massive Dinosaur Jr and Swervedriver fan as a teen and I always wanted a jazzmaster as a result.

The gretsch comes from getting really into Brian Setzers playing. He’s such a good guitarist but not an obvious guitar hero.

I had a few years being really into early Clapton/ blues breakers and the es355 scratched that sound.

I’ve always thought jaguars were cool, they’re another 90’s indie band staple plus Johnny Marr plays one and he’s ******* cool!

The Squier Jm was on opportunistic bargain and it’s been fun to Mod. Didn’t see the point having a second jazzmaster with JM pickups but I don’t have a guitar with P90s and Jamie at the creamery makes some lovely p90s in a JM pickup cover.

I play in a covers band, everything from 80’s pop, Beatles/ stones to indie rock. Mostly play the two jazzmasters. At home it’s mostly noodling along to jam tracks in a jazzy blues style or playing some setzer/ stray cats classics.

ctk
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend some wall mounted guitar holders? I worry about the back of the guitar bashing into the wall- is this an issue?

I have a 90s US Strat and some cheap classical guitars I want to put on the wall out of the way of the kids.

ajantom

I just went for basic jobs, they were about £6 for 4. Had no issues at all.
    Something like this – Guitar wall hangers

ctk
    Free Member

Cheers just ordered some

johndrummer
    Free Member

Ok I’m a drummer (no, really?) but I have a few guitars too. Sadly no pics at the moment, but I’m trying to learn to play the following:

Yamaha 112 something or other HSS Strat type thing
    Dean Sarasota 12-string
    Washburn WIN14 (Les Paul-ish)
    Harley Benton 550 (Les Paul-ish)
    Axl p-bass copy
    Harley Benton t-bird-ish bass
    Fender Rumble 25 bass practice amp
    Fender Mustang 40 guitar practice amp

Ok drums now
    Crush Chameleon Ash 5-piece two-up one-down
    Odery Fluence two-up two-down
    Istanbul Mehmet cymbals

I play drums in a punk band (http://www.theallergicsuk.com) and I’ve just joined a new rock band. Both original material

beej

It’s another PRS SE Zach Myers, this time in the Satin Quilt Stealth finish – a bargain £549 too!

PRS SE Zach Myers

rOcKeTdOg

IMG_20191222_145715

And

Screenshot_20191221-133901

Plus a crafter strat copy on permanent loan to a friend’s son

ajantom

Here’s a 1×12 cabinet I made a couple of years ago.
    Celestion Seventy 80 speaker (though I do have a Vintage 30 I going to try in it), and built in storage for speaker cable/kettle lead and the DV Mark Micro 50 head.

All made from recycled/reclaimed wood, and finished with Danish oil.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Niiiice cab dude..

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Guitarists, show us your axes ;-)’ is closed to new replies.