Viewing 40 posts - 2,721 through 2,760 (of 3,696 total)
  • Guitarists of Singletrack…
  • bazzer
    Free Member

I am in for the jam, I had a go at it back when you originally posted it then got busy and forgot about it.

Will have another go 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

First time I’ve tried one and I like the sound it makes.
    BUT check the Andertons video from last Wednesday to see how similar they all sounded.
    Funnily enough I don’t sound exactly like SRV after buying that 🙁 Not complaining about the £20 spend though. Personally I’m happier with the equally low budget MojoMojo from TC.

Cool, thanks for that. I want something to put in front of my Bandit 112 to get a nice bitey sound from it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

@Eadukator This maybe the Strat for you…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sorry meant to type @Edukator

Edukator
    Free Member

Sorry Eddie that one doesn’t do it for me, it might be the amp but I like P90s to sound creamy thick (Like Bertignac from Téléphone) and that one sounds metalic.

This vid is all Simon’s fault, I learnt the intro when he posted it and recently thought I’d have a go at the rest. The intro is a bit rushed because I’m already trying to think of the worms. Jagger belts it out with Keefs guitar in standard E. I tried a baritone but couldn’t get low enough and compromised on E flat. Harley Benton’s cheapest Tele but with a Wilkinson bridge pick up and Crel 666 neck, middle position treble fully up, Marshal JCM 2000 clean channel with nothing added or taken away.

angie cover

Perhaps someone can tell me if they can watch the vid, it wouldn’t run embedded but works for me in another window, which may be because I’m logged in on my Youtbe account.

beej

All good here Edukator.

Edukator
    Free Member

Ta.

I’ve listened to “The best strat I’ve played vid again, Eddie, it’s growing on me especially the bridge pickup. This is an example of what my ears think is a nice P900 lead sound:

simondbarnes

This vid is all Simon’s fault,

You’re welcome 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Well down to Weymouth tonight and tomorrow a bit of practice playing with the lads to see how well I’ve got Pride and Joy sorted and see if we’ll play it on Saturday or Sunday evening.
    Just taking the Tele and this MiniBoard down with the Belle Epoch Deluxe in place of the Specular Tempus. The looper is only for fun/practise.
    Just the 3 pedals into a borrowed Hot Rod Deluxe. More than enough.

MiniBoard Sept 2022

AdamT

I’ll be integrating some of the parts of the jam track tomorrow evening if any of you fancied submitting something. PM me if you have a submission.

AdamT

Here’s a version without bass if folk wanted to do an alternative bassline?

As a reminder, one loop is between the end of successive cowbell count ins, so it’s about 27s worth. Feel free to submit multiple loops if you like, I can whack them all in together. Equally it’s fine to have notes ringing out over the end of the loop etc.

ceepers

First band practice for about 6 weeks. So fun to be back in the shed and playing. New Jag sounded pretty good.

Also totally loving the sound lad Liverpool hungry beaver fuzz, really clever and adjustable muff kinda thing

https://www.soundladliverpool.co.uk/hungrybeaver

ajantom

If anyone’s interested, my band’s new EP is now available on Bandcamp.
    You can have a listen for free (and purchase if you wish 😉)

https://thesupermercados.bandcamp.com/

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ll be diving into that later. Thanks for the heads up.

Tonight is defnitely music night as I bought my first fuzz pedal for 30 years.
    After the success of the Behringer Tube Scream clone I bought the Behringer Super Fuzz yesterday.
    Again £19.99. Feels (and is) cheap but sounds great.
    Check out Josh Scott’s video on the range.

AdamT

I badly rolled my ankle playing handball last week, so can barely walk. I’m stuck in, so doing music stuff. Might well work on “the jam”, but will probably be on Ninjam later this evening. Anyone fancy trying it from here (online jamming)?

simondbarnes

My guitar teacher appears to be doing a good job of undoing all of the poor techniques that I’ve developed over the 30+ years I’ve owned a guitar. I think it helps that I’m actually keen to learn and improve, even if it means going back to basics. It makes a change from him teaching kids who have been forced to go by their parents and don’t do any practice between lessons 🤣

plumber
    Free Member

Booked an hour in the local rehearsal room so I could turn up my amps

Amazing to have some time blasting away with 2 amps and a delay to connect it all together

Took the new jazzmaster for its debut, a lot more versatile that I’d ever thought

I should do this more often

eddiebaby
    Free Member

That sounds good fun.
    I spent most of yesterday actually playing rather than dicking around with effects.
    Just the Tele, a tuner and my Yamaha THR10ii.
    I really am going to get rid of the unused toys. It is embarassing.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

The wall of shame.
    Offers on anything except the penguin.

Wall of shame

plumber
    Free Member

If I only had that amount of superfluous items I’d be happy

Stuff on Reverb at the moment

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yup. And you’ve got your Helix and I have a Kemper so it’s worse then it may appear at first.

BoardinBob

Started a wee project to keep my occupied as the nights draw in!

Bought one of Harley Benton’s kit guitars to have a go at

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_eguitar_kit_sgstyle.htm

Reasonably decent out the box. Did a quick check for component fit

The body wasn’t too bad out of the box. It came already pore filled according to the instructions but there were some tooling marks and a few rough spots so I have it another going over with some sandpaper and my own application of pore filler

First up was a couple of coats of sanding sealer, then onto the colour. Went for some TV Yellow nitro lacquer from Northwest Guitars. Doing the body and neck in colour

Applied 3 coats of colour then had to sort a few spots where it had ran with some 600 grit wet and dry

After that it was 9 coats of clear nitro lacquer on the body and neck

Removed the masking tape from the neck and applied some Monty’s Relic Wax which I use on any fingerboard that will take it. Adds a nice dark tone to the non rosewood fingerboards

Annoyingly when I took the masking tape off the neck it lifted some of the paint slightly plus I also discovered that the heel off the neck doesnt go completely into the body so I’ve missed a bit that I’ll need to go back and fill in this weekend and it’ll take care of the lifted paint. I wont bother taping this off, I’ll just blend it in and make sure not to cover the entire heel with paint

Bolted the neck on and I’ve brought the guitar inside to let the nitro cure which should take 2 weeks, then it’ll be a polish up with some 800+ grit paper to bring out the shine. I’ll touch the missed part up on the neck over the weekend too.

Overall the paint job has came out fantastically well for an aerosol can job. The very minor colour runs were easily sorted with some light sanding and the lacquer has gone on perfectly.

For the painting, I watched and followed this brilliant tutorial from Stew Mac and the guys from Driftwood Guitars

sharkattack

Nice. I really wanted to order one of these kits and do a wild paint job on it. It’ll be a P or J bass for me though.

I’ve watched all the videos, they seem fine as long as you get a decent one. I gather the QC isn’t the best in the world but if you know what to look for you’ll end up with a perfectly playable instrument.

IdleJon

Was there a split in the neck at the body end? If so, did it make any difference, or need any work?

Looks good so far, btw. I’ve been tempted to get one.

BoardinBob

Was there a split in the neck at the body end?

No split and the neck fits perfectly in the pocket. Screw holes all lined up with no issues

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Very nice BBob! Envious of your enthusiasm.
    Message me your address and I’ll send
    You the 3 a side tuners I removed from my JTV59 when I got it (I prefer locking tuners) they are sane as the PRS SE tuners and probably are better than the ones in the kit – no guarantee though but I’m not using them and it’s a shame to see them sat there.

IdleJon

Was there a split in the neck at the body end?

No split and the neck fits perfectly in the pocket. Screw holes all lined up with no issues

I see now that I’ve looked more closely – you put a difference piece of wood instead of the neck while spraying the body?

BoardinBob

Ah yes, that’s not the neck, just a bit of scrap wood for spraying purposes

IdleJon

Ah yes, that’s not the neck, just a bit of scrap wood for spraying purposes

That’s the problem with me wearing contact lenses when working at my PC… 😀

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Well as usual I’ve bought another toy. I’d never heard of before yesterday, ordered via Amazon and it arrived today. Unusually it was cheap (£18) and is musically useful.
    It is the pitch key.

https://www.pitch-key.com/

Instant swap between standard and Drop D tuning in my case and it works after next to no time tweaking it.
    We are trying a few more alt rock songs and it is epic and means no standing there looking like a lemon retuning or using the Variax.
    Very happy, just sad I can’t use it on the baritone as that has a .68 bass string and I love swapping between B and Drop A but it won’t work. Grrrr!

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

A few moons back, epiphone released an official, numbered Iommi SG. Black, with Gibson pickups. The neck had a pretty extreme taper.

This looks like the one from Black Sabbath’s vol 4:

plumber
    Free Member

Recently bought the UA Ruby and Dream pedal

Both very nice but a slight preference for the ruby

Bonus points for connecting both at the same time and using Danish Pete funk presets on both amps. Now thats a sound

eddiebaby
    Free Member

That SG looks killer. I do like a bit of drop tuning.
    Also impressed with the UA pedals but I’m sticking with Origin stuff into my BOSS GT1000 Core.
    I’ve been selling and buying on Reverb and had a few bargains lately. A Belle Epoch Deluxe, Catalinbread Echorec and my Origin Revival Trem all were less than the average selling price, so if I get bored I should only really lose the cost of posting it on.
    Although I love the miniboard I built for ‘gigs’, I reassembled the ‘big’ board for dicking around at home.
    Mainly I’ve just been learning songs though. Far more useful than working on ultimate tone, fun though that is.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

That there miniboard referenced above.
    Stacked compressor at the front of the GT1000 CORE, two drives/amps in a box un the loops of the GT1000 and a footswitch for patches to free up 2 buttons on the front of the multiFX.

Tweak

plumber
    Free Member

Nice one EB

I’d like to try that

Amazing the power yo can get into a small board at the moment

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yup. It’s fun and fits in its tiny shoulderbag. That and a guitar and I’m sorted, just plug into pretty much any amp/PA/computer option. All I occasionally do is swap out the Revival Drive for another pedal.
    Being honest I’d have no trouble just using the BOSS on its own. It works really well.

BoardinBob

Progress on the Harley Benton kit!

Nitro is cured so spent this afternoon with lots of fine sand paper. Didn’t go for a super smooth finish as I’m happy for it to look a bit aged and I’m well pleased with how the paint job went. Then I started bolting it all together and wiring everything up. Everything fitted perfectly. Holes all perfectly drilled etc and the wiring is plug and play rather than needing soldered. It came with a set of strings so I fired them on to do the initial checks. Plugged it in for a quick check to make sure it works. I haven’t even bothered with intonation or action yet and I’ve been blown away with how good it feels, plays and sounds. If the off the shelf Harley Bentons are as good as this then they are real bargains.

I’ll let things settle for a few days then do a final setup and share some sounds

eddiebaby
    Free Member

That really looks nice. Love the mustard colour.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Had a great morning. Post ride I put a new wiring loom in my Tele, one of the 5 way looms from Monty’s.
    The two extra sounds are brilliant but the whole thing sounds clearer and simply more present than it did before. All pretty silent to in the two pickup positions.

Been playing for a few hours today. I’ll post some sounds later.

simondbarnes

Excellent 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 2,721 through 2,760 (of 3,696 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.