Viewing 40 posts - 2,641 through 2,680 (of 3,696 total)
  • Guitarists of Singletrack…
  • ceepers

@simondbarnes

Such a classic song. The solo is super fun to play and easier than it sounds….

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CW3NIlkl3jO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

There are a couple of lessons and play along backing tracks on youtube if you Google

simondbarnes

Cheers @eddiebaby and yes, you should.

@ceepers
    let me try and get the intro solo sounding vaguely something like the record before I try tackling that 😃

tomparkin

Any of you ‘guitarists of singletrack’ posted a vid of yourselves playing in this long thread ?.

Sorta kinda

oldtennisshoes

Hi folks, I’ve bought an old Randall combo that my son has been using. I know nothing about amps, but he’s put it up for sale and it’s become apparent that only one of the speakers are wired up.

So I’m trying to work out how it should be wired so that I can sort it.

The 2 pictures here show how it is at present, and the 2 options for wiring it properly.

Option 1 – Single amp output with connection between speakers using blade and spade connectors (in red).
    Option 2 – Use both amp outputs – 1 for each speaker. No connection between speakers (in blue)
    Any thoughts on which it should be and anything else I need to consider? I’m ok with a soldering iron and crimping kit, but I don’t want to damage anything.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Cheers @eddiebaby and yes, you should.

CHallenge accepted! Rain Song it is then.

simondbarnes

Good choice!

whatgoesup

Coming back to the Black Betty references a few posts back. This sort of stuff both inspires me and puts me back in my place. Black Betty played on the shower…

dyna-ti

@Simon & Ajantom

Thats excellent, keep posting.

From my own experience on the acoustic its bloody difficult and take years to master, so anyone who plays will always get respect from me.

@Ajantom
    – Cramps is good, my sister was a big fan bitd and its nice to hear it again.

Keep up the good work 😀

I did once play Wish you were here at an acquaintances Teepee back in the wilds. I was shown the chords for it, which is quite simple really, and was playing when 15 drunken Scots started singing along 😆 I went from just doing the chords to being utterly petrified i’d screw it up. 😆

It kind of put me off. Im no good addressing a crowd, or even a handful of people, let alone playing a favoured song to a large bunch of them.

oldtennisshoes
    eddiebaby
    Free Member

@whatgoesup I love Larkin Poe. Their output during Covid times was eye-opening and frequently jawdropping.

robvalentine

I saw Larkin Poe at Shepherd’s Bush a few months back. Amazing band and they seemed to take a lot of joy in playing.

racefaceec90

Any of you ‘guitarists of singletrack’ posted a vid of yourselves playing in this long thread ?.

this was my attempt at playing a rush song 10 years ago (the big money. it was seeing the video on mtv back in 1993 on holiday that got us into the band).

and i play it even worse now

simondbarnes

Like it 🙂

guitarhero
    Free Member

probably 😉

Bit sloppy but fun to play and really hard to get a perfect take

racefaceec90

@simondbarnes thank you 🙂

am not a good guitarist so anything i try to learn takes absolute ages to try to play (and still trying to play the covers lol).

simondbarnes

I wish I could play like that @guitarhero

A bit more practice today. I think I’m slowly getting a bit better.

plumber
    Free Member

jam track with extra bollocks

https://youtu.be/OIKJOblJON8

Still makes me laugh

simondbarnes

I like that @plumber 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

No musical energy here.
    Couldn’t sleep after a day of having to use my brain (v rare) so I put on an ipod app for thunderstorm sound and that was just as bad so started on ambient reverb effects.
    Half an hour of doing this and I was well away in the land of Nod.

simondbarnes

Squire make some excellent guitars 🙂

simondbarnes

Thought I’d try and learn a bit of Zep in 5 minutes this evening…

In other news, I’ve booked my first ever guitar lesson. Scared now!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nice work Simon.
    Only halfway through Rain Song but I’m getting there.

Enjoy the lesson.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

God thats lovely!
    just the right amount of relicing.
    How does it sound?

simondbarnes

and then I bought this on Saturday

Blimey 🙂

plumber
    Free Member

EddieBaby

Those pickups really are nice though the shop amps – tone king and lazy J

The reality is that even though it looks amazing, its only because it plays well and sounds so go that I bought it. I’ll be able to sell it again in the next round of fender price hikes

Simon D

Well yes indeed blimey is the word

ajantom

Quite excited… just bought one of these…

https://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/forsale/hateecho/hateecho.html

Going to make some fun noises 😁

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My ears are wincing in anticipation! Sounds interesting.

ajantom

😆 they make/mod some amazingly cool and weird stuff.

I’ve also got one of their modded wah-wah pedals. It’s a bit-crushing noise monster.
    That + the hate echo will be hilarious

plumber
    Free Member

ajantom

I look forward to your noise 🙂

https://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/forsale/hateecho/hateecho.html – for sound samples

Superficial
    Free Member

I’ve seen a lot of ads for custom shop Jazzblasters recently. Why all of a sudden are they a thing?

Looks cool. I’m not sure I could ever pony up that much money though!

I’m this close to buying a (USA) Jazzmaster. Need to get rid of some others to fund though. Anyone local to Sheffield need a Baja Tele, Squier JM or Squier Contemporary Jag?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I need the Jag and the Jazz but sadly have bought a Precision bass this week, so no spending for a while. Sob…

oldtennisshoes

I need the Jag and the Jazz but sadly have bought a Precision bass this week, so no spending for a while. Sob…

It’s worth it! 😉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Due to arrive tomorrow!
    As is a gigbag from GAK. Super happy right now.
    Thanks again Geoff.

plumber
    Free Member

I’ve seen a lot of ads for custom shop Jazzblasters recently. Why all of a sudden are they a thing?

This is true.

I thinks its because every permutation of strat and tele has been done now so they need something else to shill

surfer
    Free Member

Mini first world problem but as someone who uses a plug in mini Vox amp to not drive the family mad with my terrible playing, does something similar exist that allows me to use Bluetooth headphones as oppose to cabled. The cable really gets on my nerves….

Superficial
    Free Member

Bluetooth – no. Apparently there’s too much latency in Bluetooth so it just wouldn’t work well.

But there are other wireless standards. The Boss Waza Air is supposed to be very good. Expensive though.

surfer
    Free Member

Thanks @superficial that makes sense… Ill improve my “cable management” 🙂

oldtennisshoes

You could use the cheap getaria type wireless link to connect the guitar to the amp and then use wired headphones.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,641 through 2,680 (of 3,696 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.