Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 3,696 total)
  • Guitarists of Singletrack…
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Oh, and re the gig mentioned above I’ve got my ‘flyrig’ tidied up. Well it sounds better than saying my Cross Country rail service rig…

It looks so sweet in its little gigbag that I’m in danger of adult onset diabetes.
    Miniboard-1
    Miniboard-2
    Miniboard-3

I can run it mono (or stereo) into an amp or two using the different IRs built in or via balanced outs using XLR adapters to the PA direct.

chipps

That’s some pretty neat wiring (though if you had right angle connectors, it would be even neater…) 🙂

Looks great, though. I’m sure it sounds ace, too. I had a band rehearsal tonight and I’m trying to just live with my Victory Kraken and a Barefaced 10in cab. It’s a tiny and hugely loud setup. And it (just) goes clean enough that I can get the three sounds out of it I need (pushed clean, crunch and bonkers, with two different volume levels on a switch too).

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ta for the nice words.

right angle connectors

They’re BOSS solderless so they’re straight or right angled depending on how I fold them. 🙂

Got to say I’m pretty happy with it. I can pop the FS7 footswitch off and throw my Ditto on there and plug the Expresion pedal in if I want. All looks pretty good. Looking to get a Tone Master Deluxe to go with it. Although I have already got another Line6 L2m to handle modelled output.
    None of which will ever get really used as I am playing mainly through my Waza Air headphones these days..

chipps

Let me know how the TM Deluxe is… It’s on my list for a living room amp – that or a new Vibroverb Champ thing (though they still haven’t come out!)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I can tell you how ot is- ficken awesome. sadly the one I wanted got snapped up by someone else. One will be mine, but this one was in tweed and a good price.

plumber
    Free Member

Good afternoon Chips

I’m interested how the bare faced cabs are?

Many thanks

Lorne

chipps

The Barefaced cab is awesome! I’ve been running either an EVH Lunchbox, or a Victory Kraken into it. It’s a 1×10 version, which is tiny and light – really light. But it competes perfectly well with a loud drummer and a deaf lead guitarist. The 1×12 perhaps has a tiny bit more bass, but the 1×10 is so teeny and loud that I went for that instead.

My only issue is that the head is so small, that other amp heads won’t fit on top of it 🙂

Barefaced does a moneyback, 30 day trial, so it’s well worth a try if you’re interested. Or if you’re passing Todmorden any time…

plumber
    Free Member

Hi Chipps

Thank you for the run down

I have a small head that would go perfectly with it. Just never tried one

Appreciate the offer of trying yours but ‘london’ so not many opportunities as I’d like to get home where you are

Cheers

Lorne

chipps

No problem. Have a look on their website – they do a ‘Buy now and send it back after 30 days if you don’t love it’ offer. I got a 10 and a 12in cab and tried both and returning the 12in…

It’s actually so tiny that I have a little folding stool to take to rehearsals to put it on. Perhaps I can persuade them to do me a 2 x 10 vertical cab, just so it’s a better height to adjust the amp knobs… 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

Learning some songs takes longer than others. I’m still having a go at Pinball Wizard from time to time and having watched Townsend do it acoustic live on Youtube tried again. The G string intonation at the 12th isn’t good because I’m trying a thicker string which makes it 10cents sharp.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sounds good. Interesting how it has evolved in your performance of it. Sounds better as an acoustic number to me.

oldtennisshoes

Any thoughts on software or gear to create some backing tracks for me to play my bass along to.
    I have a Mac and an iPad and a midi keyboard controller, but I’m also looking at the volca beats units.
    Any ideas / suggestions?

sharkattack

Have you not discovered the drummers in Garageband on the Mac? You’re a few clicks away from endless, automated, customisable drum tracks.

Also the ipad version of Garageband has a great sequencer style drum machine that’s easy to get your head around for beginners.

oldtennisshoes

Thanks, I’ll have a look

mattrgee
    Free Member

Hi,

Is this wire suppose to be disconnected? It’s connected to the bridge. If not, what should it be connected to? Thanks.

8-F829-B48-A971-4-C80-9186-6-EAA13-D587-E7

chipps

Not sure I can see the photo, @mattrgee – can you try re-posting the pic? (Or sticking it on Flickr or so on…)

mattrgee
    Free Member

Fixed the image now 🙂

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Tried out garage band on my Mac today.

It’s wonderful! So well thought out and easy to use

chipps

@mattrgee – that’s most likely the earth wire from the bridge. Connect/solder it to a ground in the control cavity (like the back of one of the pots. This should stop the guitar humming if you’re not touching the strings… (If you’ve noticed, that is…)

sharkattack

Tried out garage band on my Mac today.

It’s wonderful! So well thought out and easy to use

Good news. It is great and really easy to understand even for a total beginner like myself. I still haven’t managed to use it for anything constructive yet as I’m definitely no musician or song writer.

racefaceec90

i have just ordered a mooer ocean machine pedal after discovering them on yt this week.

i have wanted to do ambient guitar soundscapes for a long time and this pedal sounds great for what i want.

cannot wait to get it.

oldtennisshoes

This is probably a stupid question, but how does all the grounding work if you use a wireless connection to the amp?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’d assume it doesn’t matter since you’re not directly connected to anything electric

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Makes a difference to my wireless stuff when I touch the strings on my strat in positions 1, 3 and 5 be it the £30 ebay system or my Waza Air headphones.
    Bridge earth definitley connected.

oldtennisshoes

Mmmm I’d assumed that grounding was ultimately through the cable to the amp.
    If there’s no cable, the only other option to ground is through the player.
    I must be missing something.

chipps

That ‘grounding while wireless’ thought is really interesting. I’ll see what my pal at Fender R&D says about it

RustySpanner

Just off to Promenade Music in Morecambe.

Wish me luck, already bought a Fulltone OCD from them this week.
    ‘Try it with any guitar we have’ they said, so I grabbed the base model Yamaha Revstar. It was lovely.

As I said, wish me luck….🙂

chipps

Uhoh!

sounds like you’re braced for it, though.
    I’m going over to Sound Affects in Ormakirk soon, with a PRS for them to sell. The idea is to come away without having bought anything… hmm

RustySpanner

Oooh Sound Affects.
    Nice shop.

I honestly don’t need another guitar, don’t have the space.

Half way through modding a Fender Bullet Mustang though. Some nice tuners might do the trick…..

Edukator
    Free Member

‘Try it with any guitar we have’

When they say that I reply “Squier Affinity Tele, please”. They always play well and sound like you expect.

And, “Good luck”. 😉

racefaceec90

my ocean machine pedal has just turned up. wow is all i can say (it is built like a tank) it looks great.

unfortunately i cannot use it yet as waiting for the power plug to be delivered (wed next week). but man i cannot wait to start to play with it (the pedal lol).

just have to work out how to connect it to my boss gt-1 as it’s my only amp now.

RustySpanner

Soooo, Promenade Music.

What a lovely shop, proper old fashioned, nice people.

The only things that really caught my imagination were a couple of Shergolds at quite an attractive discount.
    Great guitars to play, fine quality (same manufacturer as Faith), but a little bland looks wise. I know it shouldn’t matter, but it does……
    My local place carries them too, might see if they can get in a limited edition orange Masquerader…..🙂

tall_martin

@<span class=”bbp-author-name”>racefaceec90</span>
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>That pedal doesn’t look like an effects pedal, I looks like an entire synth that needs a wee bit of an input!</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>I bought a load of synths and very quickly learned I would have to learn to play piano to get what I wanted out of them. I wonder if that pedal is the same, but you have to learn to play, errr, the pedal?</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>I’m curious to hear what you get out of it.</div>

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Slope soaring eh?

Foamie wing

IMG_0001-1

Pike Brio Double Carbon

IMG_0092

That’s Portland and Weymouth in the background.

RustySpanner

PMT in Leeds today.

Fancied a mooch plus, they had an Ibanez AF95 jazzbox I quite fancied……
    The Ibanez was delightful, but obviously well used. Not paying new money for a scratched ex demo.

They had an orange Shergold in…..my word, what a difference a nice paint job makes.
    Also looked at a Jag-Stang, one of the new Mexican made ones. 😐 Ooops.

Am now contemplating selling both Squiers and replacing with one of the above…..but I know I’d regret getting rid of the Tele Custom II.

Arse.

chipps

Ooh, I used to go into PMT when it was whoever it was before it was PMT…. I do like those Shergolds. I really wanted one the first time they came out, and a full rosewood neck is also a thing of joy. Plus they do a Humbucker/P90 combo, which I also like…

However, I don’t need any new guitars (for a bit, anyway) and I’m just about to send my (rosewood necked, P90) PRS McCarty for Sound Affects to sell (unless anyone here is interested…) 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Loving my Strat but the best thing I’ve bought this year seems to be my Boss WazaAir headphones. I can’t wait to get home and actually play of an evening. That is play, not fiddle around tweaking sounds but plugging in a backing track and having fun. Or learning a new song. The sound is great anD so much better than a multiFX headphone out that it is scary.
    I have probably creased the amount I actually play by 50% since getting these.

oldtennisshoes

Me and the boy are heading to London at the weekend for the New Order gig at the O2 on Saturday night.
    I’ve promised him a trip to Denmark street during the day on Saturday.
    Any shop recommendations or must do things there?

bazzer
    Free Member

Has anyone played with a Tascam model 12,16,24 mixer/multitrack ?

I fancy not having to fire the computer up to record stuff

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I fancy not having to fire the computer up to record stuff

My Boss MultiFX and my THR10 both have a usb out so I go straight into Garbageband on the ipad.
    Don’t know if that helps

Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 3,696 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.