Viewing 14 posts - 1,921 through 1,934 (of 1,934 total)
  • Guitarists of Singletrack…
  • Premier Icon eddiebaby

Oh, and re the gig mentioned above I’ve got my ‘flyrig’ tidied up. Well it sounds better than saying my Cross Country rail service rig…

It looks so sweet in its little gigbag that I’m in danger of adult onset diabetes.
    Miniboard-1
    Miniboard-2
    Miniboard-3

I can run it mono (or stereo) into an amp or two using the different IRs built in or via balanced outs using XLR adapters to the PA direct.

Premier Icon chipps

That’s some pretty neat wiring (though if you had right angle connectors, it would be even neater…) 🙂

Looks great, though. I’m sure it sounds ace, too. I had a band rehearsal tonight and I’m trying to just live with my Victory Kraken and a Barefaced 10in cab. It’s a tiny and hugely loud setup. And it (just) goes clean enough that I can get the three sounds out of it I need (pushed clean, crunch and bonkers, with two different volume levels on a switch too).

Premier Icon eddiebaby

Ta for the nice words.

right angle connectors

They’re BOSS solderless so they’re straight or right angled depending on how I fold them. 🙂

Got to say I’m pretty happy with it. I can pop the FS7 footswitch off and throw my Ditto on there and plug the Expresion pedal in if I want. All looks pretty good. Looking to get a Tone Master Deluxe to go with it. Although I have already got another Line6 L2m to handle modelled output.
    None of which will ever get really used as I am playing mainly through my Waza Air headphones these days..

Premier Icon chipps

Let me know how the TM Deluxe is… It’s on my list for a living room amp – that or a new Vibroverb Champ thing (though they still haven’t come out!)

Premier Icon eddiebaby

I can tell you how ot is- ficken awesome. sadly the one I wanted got snapped up by someone else. One will be mine, but this one was in tweed and a good price.

Premier Icon plumber
    Free Member

Good afternoon Chips

I’m interested how the bare faced cabs are?

Many thanks

Lorne

Premier Icon chipps

The Barefaced cab is awesome! I’ve been running either an EVH Lunchbox, or a Victory Kraken into it. It’s a 1×10 version, which is tiny and light – really light. But it competes perfectly well with a loud drummer and a deaf lead guitarist. The 1×12 perhaps has a tiny bit more bass, but the 1×10 is so teeny and loud that I went for that instead.

My only issue is that the head is so small, that other amp heads won’t fit on top of it 🙂

Barefaced does a moneyback, 30 day trial, so it’s well worth a try if you’re interested. Or if you’re passing Todmorden any time…

Premier Icon plumber
    Free Member

Hi Chipps

Thank you for the run down

I have a small head that would go perfectly with it. Just never tried one

Appreciate the offer of trying yours but ‘london’ so not many opportunities as I’d like to get home where you are

Cheers

Lorne

Premier Icon chipps

No problem. Have a look on their website – they do a ‘Buy now and send it back after 30 days if you don’t love it’ offer. I got a 10 and a 12in cab and tried both and returning the 12in…

It’s actually so tiny that I have a little folding stool to take to rehearsals to put it on. Perhaps I can persuade them to do me a 2 x 10 vertical cab, just so it’s a better height to adjust the amp knobs… 🙂

Premier Icon Edukator
    Free Member

Learning some songs takes longer than others. I’m still having a go at Pinball Wizard from time to time and having watched Townsend do it acoustic live on Youtube tried again. The G string intonation at the 12th isn’t good because I’m trying a thicker string which makes it 10cents sharp.

Premier Icon eddiebaby

Sounds good. Interesting how it has evolved in your performance of it. Sounds better as an acoustic number to me.

Premier Icon oldtennisshoes

Any thoughts on software or gear to create some backing tracks for me to play my bass along to.
    I have a Mac and an iPad and a midi keyboard controller, but I’m also looking at the volca beats units.
    Any ideas / suggestions?

Premier Icon sharkattack
    Free Member

Have you not discovered the drummers in Garageband on the Mac? You’re a few clicks away from endless, automated, customisable drum tracks.

Also the ipad version of Garageband has a great sequencer style drum machine that’s easy to get your head around for beginners.

Premier Icon oldtennisshoes

Thanks, I’ll have a look

Viewing 14 posts - 1,921 through 1,934 (of 1,934 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.