Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Guitar swap site??
  • oldgrump08
    Free Member

Anybody know of a site or fair for swapping stuff such as guitars??

_tom_
    Free Member

You might get lucky putting a “for trade” advert up on a guitar forum.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Here there be loooooads of guitar players! It’s always great when a guitar thread comes along on the chat forum cos someone ‘regular’ posts and I think ‘awwww, you too!’ 😀

What are you swapping/after?

lodious
    Free Member

…there’s Guitar Mart or Sound on Sound magazine (both free)

chipps

…lurks quietly in the background…
    What have you got to swap? I could do with a refresh in the guitar room.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Left handed for a start…. which it seems excludes 99% of the market!
    Vintage V100 LP, tobacco sunburst, in really great condition apart from the damaged corner on the headstock and small chips just below it where some silly b*gg*r knocked it between two chairs 🙁
    Looking for a Strat which is a step up from my Yam 112…..

chipps

Being a lefty does limit you a little, yes. I’m a ‘Mark Knopfler’ lefty, in that I write left handed but play conventional right handed.

I did see a great left handed Tokai Strat on ebay this week, but he’s probably not up for a part-ex. If I see anything around, I’ll get back to you.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Cheers. Maybe I should try right handed!

philconsequence
    Free Member

hmmm i have a couple of guitars i need to shift but never get round to selling them! a Kramer electric and a tanglewood acoustic.

lodious
    Free Member

How old is the Kramer?

philconsequence
    Free Member

ummmm at a guess 11ish years old, possibly 12-13… bought it new when i was at school. i think i chose a couple of ‘options’ when ordering it as i can’t find any details about the model online at all!

the number on the back is S99110082

some photos:

2 position thingy to chance how many pic-ups are being used i think:

rosewood instead of maple fretboard?

reverse headstock:

the chips from being used properly on stage:

thems be dual rail pick-ups so essentially it totals 8pick-ups 😯

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Nice, but any lefties?!?

emsz
    Free Member

Sorry normal here, and a rather dull parlour Yamaha in blue.

not much of a trade. 🙁

Cougar

Left handed for a start

That’s a bit like a small van, isn’t it. Buying one, it’s more expensive because it’s a van; selling one, it’s not worth as much because it’s a van.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I have a really nice old Wahsburn (right handed acoustic), its actually the wifes. Happy to throw that in the, guitars for swaps, pot.

It is redundant after the purchase of a baby taylor, lovely guitar.

D28boy
    Free Member

maybe interested in the Kramer Philc ….can you give us any more info?

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Cougar,

No, the values seem to be much the same, just not many around. But then not many buyers either.

philconsequence
    Free Member

🙂 i’ll have a proper dig through some old facebook messages as i think my old guitarist in the bad i was in managed to dig up a little bit of info.

i’m not looking to make lots of money off it. as you can see by the chips its been used! the pick-ups made it sound lovely for playing the heavier stuff, and a surprisingly warm tone when not distorted… warmer than the american fender strat i had which always sounded ‘jangly’!

D28boy
    Free Member

Thanx Phil. Perhaps you could e-mail the info when you get it.

Pigface
    Free Member

Phil tell me about the Tanglewood please.

philconsequence
    Free Member

ohhh the tanglewood is in the loft, its about 14-15ish years old roughly! bought it new from guitar village in farnham as my first grown-up guitar 😀

want me to dig it out (stored in a hardcase dont worry) and check it over/gget some photos?

my Kramer, was a special edition one at the time, pretty rare from what i can tell as the standard version was maple fretboard and normal headstock, the details of the standard one are:

Featuring a hard maple K-Speed Elliptical Slim Taper ™ neck, a solid alder double cut body and maple fretboard, the Kramer Striker FR-422SM Guitar is ready to rock. Two Dual Rail pickups and one Quad Rail pickup pump out the power, a 5-way pickup switch plus tone and volume knobs provide lots of tone options, and a Floyd Rose-licensed tremolo bridge keeps the dive bombs coming.
    Features
    Body Type: Dbl. Cut
    Body Wood: Solid North American Alder
    Scale Length: 25.5″
    Neck Joint: Bolt
    Neck Wood: Hard Maple
    Fretboard: Maple
    Neck Shape: K-Speed Slim Taper ™
    Frets: 24
    Nut Width: 1.625″
    Fretboard Radius: 16″
    Bridge: Floyd Rose-licensed trem
    Pickup Bridge: Quad Rail
    Pickup Middle: Dual Rail
    Pickup Neck: Dual Rail
    Controls: 5-way switch, 1 Volume, 1 Tone
    Hardware color: Black

think my one might have had a slightly different model number, but the hardware specs are the same, so the info above is spot on from what i understand but change that maple fretboard to rosewood and reverse headstock 🙂

(sorry OP! first time i’ve had the motivation to entertain the thought of finally letting my guitars out of my life after years of not playing them!)

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes please if you dont mind

philconsequence
    Free Member

will do 🙂

D28boy
    Free Member

Phil-could you p.m. me what sort of money you were thinking of. Also does it come with H.C & trem arm. Info on action, playability, if it works ok etc would be nice as well…I’m in Hants so I believe not too far from you guessing you’re near Swinley?

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Happy to be of service 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

email sent to the address in your profile 🙂

can we get back to the OP’s question now people! 😛

brassneck

can we get back to the OP’s question now people!

No, let’s do the show right here!

I have a ’62 reissue Jaguar I rarely play these days (too hung up on SGs), was thinking of selling it but…

oldgrump08
    Free Member
    D28boy
    Free Member

Just to say that I met Phil yesterday and concluded the deal with him. What a nice geezer he is too. Thanx Phil…gave it a good work out yesterday. Also have found out that the string lock is a standard allen keys afterall coz I borrowed one from a neighbours set yesterday. Will source one locally thanx again.

philconsequence
    Free Member

😀 glad they’re standard allen keys, wasn’t looking forward to spending hours looking through draws that time forgot to find the originals! it was nice meeting you and looking forward to seeing you on a swinley ride soon.

pigface – i mistakenly suggested a loft clean out yesterday morning and spent most of sunday cleaning as a result… but it means by tanglewood is now in my car and i’m planning on giving it a check over, replacing the top E string and cleaning the hardcase up a bit (its the victim of teenage sticker-ing)

i’ll try get some photos online soon 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂

organic355
    Free Member

I have got an acoustic/electric I am thinking of selling, not sure yet depends on what I can get for it.

Its a Takamine EG541SSC (US model so its just an SC, but UK model is SSC I think).

Its in imaculate condition, new strings and comes with a hard case.

Specifications
    Body Shape: NEX C/A
    Rosette: Abalone
    Top: Solid Spruce
    Inlays: Abalone Dots
    Back: Nato
    Sides: Nato
    Fingerboard: Rosewood
    Electronics: TK40
    Tuners: Nickel
    Features: Black NEX Body

Like this:

Was hoping to get close to £500 for it, as the case itself is worth £100 ish.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Guitar swap site??’ is closed to new replies.