• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by emsz.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Guitar players
  • bedmaker

I’m wanting to join the gang please!
    Got me a geetar last night – child No1 having a go.
    [/url]
    DSCF6022 by LOVATSTOVES, on Flickr[/img]

Ibanez Prestige S.
    I’m currently struggling over a C major chord with aching fingers – tell me it gets easier!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Nice!

What sort of music you into? I’m guessing rock / metal judging by the axe. Let us know and I’m sure we can suggest so appropriate beginner songs for you

emsz
    Free Member

force the changes!!

don’t just play a C swap between a G D C and back to G. It’s a chord progression, sounds cool. Use a 7th or a minor on the dominant chord (the C in this case), to make it even cooler.

emsz guitar lessons… 😆

CaptainSlow

Yes, it gets easier on the fingers. The key is to practice regularly. Try and do an hour a day ( or even 30 mins) and you will progress well.
    Are you taking lessons or learning via the web?

There are some really cool self help resources out there these days – justinguitar.com is but one of them. You cant beat lessons though so it may be worth thinking about.

Let us know what your in to and I’m sure we can point you towards songs you know and like to start on. Be warned though – it’s a long and slippery road 🙂

bedmaker

don’t just play a C

I’ll be happy when I can just play a C with twanging, buzzing and impossibly contorted fingers 🙂

Music? The dream is to play stuff like early ACDC rocky/bluesy stuff. I also like mellower folky stuff – playing around on the amp settings can make it sound just like an accoustic (to my ear anyway). I just wanted something versatile to learn on.
    I’m hoping to learn and teach the kids as I go along.

bedmaker

I’ve played the pipes since I was 8 so I’m aware that learning even the coolest instument is totally unglamorous. Hard (but rewarding) graft is the only way.

CaptainSlow

http://justinguitar.com/en/BC-000-BeginnersCourse.php

Have a look at the troy stetina rock books – metal rhythm vol 1 is a good place to start. That’ll have you ready for some ac dc riffage in no time.

I started off self taught then went for lessons. If you can, id say find good teacher and go for it. If you already know one instrument you’ve a head start. Enjoy.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Allow me to introduce you to Marty.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-AbdMyjf0I&feature=fvwrel[/video]

bedmaker

Thanks for the heads up on the tutorial stuff guys.
    I’d love lessons but realistically I’m not going to find the time for a regular lesson any time soon, perhaps in the winter though.
    I’ve just poured some whisky and am going to sit down for some more strumming 🙂

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Practice in the morning. You will develop much faster and retain much more if you do ‘learning’ stuff first thing. Use evenings for playing around with the stuff you learn in the mornings.

plumber
    Free Member

Welcome to guitardom

I wish I could like that guitar but sorry I think it’s hideous

Best

Plum

user-removed
    Free Member

I quite like it. Big ol’ Floyd Rose on the back. Last time I had anything similar was over 20 years ago – spent a year paying off a Kramer Nightswan. Had it perhaps two months, the front straplock snapped, tuning heads hit the deck and it snapped at the headstock. I actually cried.

These days I’ve come so far down in the world that I play my wife’s really, truly horrible paisley patterned, Tanglewood tele copy. I might go and cry again now.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Marty Rocks!
    Though I’m still not convinced that barre chords aren’t just a CGI trick. Either that or my fingers are missing some joints, or my hands are missing some fingers.

trailmonkey

learn the major and minor bar chords and some old school punk songs for instant (playing them in a week) gratification.

emsz
    Free Member

Ian, barre chords are hard to learn, but get a capo, put it on the 2nd fret and it brings the strings closer, easier to learn to barre that way.

emsz guitar lessons part2

LOL

emsz
    Free Member

learn the major and minor bar chords

It’s all 5ths for rock. Power chords!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Guitar players’ is closed to new replies.