Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Guilty pleasures: picking scabs…
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

WHY does it feel so good ??

MartinGT
    Free Member

It would feel better in the correct forum 😛

Olly
    Free Member

side cutters.
    seriously, nothing more satisfying than the click of the cutters and the piece of scab going shooting across the…… room/office/garden

theotherjonv

oh that my ‘wound’ would close properly to form a scab and afford me the pleasure!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

It would feel better in the correct forum

well, obviously they’re bike crash caused scabs so quite on topic :o)

kimbers

back when i was younger and always falling off my bike i used to quite look forward to having nice dump and peeling off the scabs on my knees

was kind of a ritual

MartinGT
    Free Member

Best scab picking was after I got knocked over when I was a kid and landed on my head. They put some stuff on my face to make sure it didnt get infected. As it all scabbed over it was brilliant picking it at school and having it all land on my text books 😀

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

it’s getting the timing right that’s the issue… If you pick too early you get that clear pool underneath where the skin hasn’t yet formed….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

If you pick too early you get that clear pool underneath where the skin hasn’t yet formed…

can one ever not pick too early ?

Woody
    Free Member

having nice dump and peeling off the scabs on my knees

Surely scab picking requires your full attention………….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Surely scab picking requires your full attention

yes, one simple pleasure at a time!

matt_outandabout

Indeed, leave it too late and half of it has rubbed off already – get in early and spread the fun.

jojoA1
    Free Member

I had a huge graze on my shin (all the skin off from knee to ankle) that produced the most wonderful scabs that came off in huge strips. Like beef jerkey. Ommy nommy!!

Woody
    Free Member

Bear trap pedals were wonderful for that – hours of fun

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member

If you pick too early you get that clear pool underneath where the skin hasn’t yet formed…

Well you can pick round the edges, make it last for a few days!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You will make scarring worse, delay healing and make infections more likely. Use the correct wound dressings and healing is accelerated, its more comfy and you won’t get scarring.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You will make scarring worse, delay healing and make infections more likely

yeah but like, it feels SO good, all those other things are just “buzz, buzz buzzzz…”

My best ever was when I thought I had gangrene* and I pulled it off to reveal smooth, pink, healthy skin beneath :o)

*Bear in mind I’m so healthy I’m a terrible hypochondriac, as I have to make the most of any brief frailty!

ton

elbow and knee scabs are the best, but shin scabs when they are long are very nice to peel off too.

UncleFred
    Free Member

What about peeling after getting sunburnt? Espcially when you can get a nice big sheet of crispy skin.

ton

but do not ever be tempted to eat one….i never have…honest…no honest 😳

Woody
    Free Member

You will make scarring worse, delay healing and make infections more likely

Maybe, but as everyone “chicks dig scars” 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Guilty pleasures: picking scabs…’ is closed to new replies.