Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • guiding in zermatt july09
  • jimithenomad
    Free Member

does anyone know of any guides living in zermatt this july who would be available for a few days of guiding for a group of 7/8? not just for the gornegrat runs, but some xc days out. I went last year with otp on their valais tour which was excellent,but we rode to Zermatt, and did not ride much in zermatt itself. Suggestions please!

snaps
    Free Member

We rode 3 days of our weeks stay in Zermatt last year with the guy who’s now set up this company http://www.trail-hunters.com/
    Or spongingmachine on here lived in Zermatt for a while, he might have suggestions.

jimithenomad
    Free Member

thanks snaps, i will check this out for starters

Rickos
    Free Member

OTP do weeks in Zermatt. We went with them a couple of years ago and we had Stuart and Chris as guides who were both excellent. We did 3 days in Zermatt – 1 day on each of Gronergrat, Schwatzee and Rothorn – and then 2 days down the valley about 30 miles or so.

Elbows

Hi, we’ve been with OTP for the last 5 years, 3x in Zermatt, the Valais tour and another that they experimented with us. ALL were excellent. Last year Stuart and Chris were great and spoke about doing something around Brig. Speak to them about it.
    I would be going again, but smashed my elbow into 5 pieces whilst experiencing the Dark side.

jimithenomad
    Free Member

elbows, sounds painful! Otp were great last year, however this year we are going independantly. I sent jeff a mail months ago , but no reply, i dont know if he is dissapointed that we did not re book for this year, as that was our original plan , but we have found somewhere 5 star quality at 2 star prices and are self catering. He was my first port of call for assistance, and i have just mailed canadian firm bigmountainbike adventures to see if they can help. Chris was our guide too and he was excellent i would recommmend them myself,its just that having heard nothing i am assuming they are not interested.Thanks and hope the elbow heals soon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘guiding in zermatt july09’ is closed to new replies.