Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 151 total)
  • Guided Quantocks weekend anyone.
  • sharki
    Free Member

Due to the success of the guided ride a couple years ago, i’m offering another, but this time a full weekends worth.

For those new to STW,the general format of the seemingly enjoyed ride was joining one of three groups, and being dragged around the hills for a few hours one Saturady, we all met up at the same place for a lunch break, before going out for more ups and downs till everyone was either timed out, or wasted.

This time i’ like to attempt to cram in a two dayer, for social reasons as well as to give you all a chance to experience even more of what the Q’s have to offer.

Groups will depend on numbers, the more we have the more i can split you into different levels of ability/preferred style, this way nobody feels they’re holding anyone up or other possible negative aspects of group riding.

If there’s enough interest i maybe able to organise a mornings/days up lift service, where you can ply your skills on one of the 25+ DH runs in Triscombe if that’s your kind of thing. All features can be rode around/ rolled so you don’t need to be able to jump.They vary from steep, very steep to near vert. Smooth and drifty or rooty and off camber as. Session stuff or do full runs, nothing more than 3 mins, most runs less than 2 mins.

If there’s not enough interest in DH, then it’ll be a day out in the hills both days, with over 80miles of permitted trails it’s just a matter of pacing yourself and riding till your weak.

As a guide a 18 mile ride will be around 1000m of ascent/descent and will take 2.5hrs for the average mountain biker.

There’s a variety of B&Bs in the area though the best vfm is to hire out an old scout hut, it’s basic, but has showers, toilets and cooking facilities for a self catering. I might be able to get someone to prepare a meal for us all at a cost.

So there’s the offer, sometime in the next 4 weeks, or 8 so i can return to guide.

Check over your diaries, book the baby sitters, TELL your partners you’re away for the weekend and get here. No car, no probs, there’s a train station nearby and i’ll find a way to shuttle you and you kit to the hills.

I’ve booked in some weather for all this year, so there’s no excuse there..

This is not a race just a social guided ride on probably the best of the uk’s natural trails. All you need is a bike and a little bit of energy.

Ladies and gents only!

judderman
    Free Member

count me in dude 😀

peteimpreza

I’m in.

jam-bo

wmh

tang
    Free Member

sounds good!

cheez0
    Free Member

count me and mrs cheeze m8!

when u thinking of?

hopster
    Free Member

I’ll be up for some riding.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I might pop down early summer sharki.

yunki
    Free Member

be rude not to seeing as it’s local.. I’m there if I can spare the time.. 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

Sounds mighty fine, pleasae not the royal weekend at the end of april as Si is planning a gnarr attack of norf whales then

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Think me and poss a couple of “local Louts” may be up for joining you..
    only coz we’ve missed you. Coz as you well know, the Qtox are crap !!!

Fishbone
    Free Member

I’m up for this, if I’m free when it’s planned.

mr-brightside
    Free Member

sounds good to me, as ile be probably up that way anyway.

grum
    Free Member

18 mile ride will be around 1000m of ascent/descent and will take 2.5hrs for the average mountain biker.

Wow I am massively slower than the average mountain biker! 😯

saladdodger
    Free Member

Hell Yes

sharki
    Free Member

Good start then.

Usual suspects and more.

I’m not setting a date at this stage, will let the idea and offer drift on here for a week, then will try to set a date. It won’t work for everyone and that can’t be helped.

I’ll be out there riding all weekend, might as well drag a few others up and around for it, also i secretly get great pleasure from seeing them one by one collapse in a state of weakness, only for me to egg them on down one last descent. 😈

Grum, that’s ride time and doesn’t include faff and feeding.

scraprider
    Free Member

when mate , me and mrs scrapers did the last one and had a brill time.

crispybacon
    Free Member

very interested providing the date(s) don’t clash with anything else planned 🙂

Ambrose

Very tempted indeed. I bumped into a few of you on the last one, when I was visiting independantly with a mate.

Special_ized_Jamie

I’m in as as long ad the dates work for me.

Any up for a cheeky bivvy??

oxym0r0n

I’ll do my best to join you Sharki – glad to hear you’re “back”!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Love to have another weekend down there. I’ll see if it can be done once you set a date

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

FishBone brought this to my attention last night on our weekly ride, im up for it if I can get to you.

Hopefully travel with FishBone but if he’s not available anyone able to swing by Yeovil and pickup me for some good petrol / beer / cider contributions??

Ambrose

I’m up for a bivvi. Near Triscombe?

Just imagine the smell of cooking bacon wafting throught the beech woods as the sun warms your sleeping bag, with a day of riding ahead of you 🙂

flatfish
    Free Member

now i’m even more tempted.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I’m in, not far from me but never plucked up the courage to tackle it myself.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m up for it and I know someone else who is too, but it would have to be one of the first 2 weekends in May for me. I’ll definitely come if I can though, it was brilliant last time!

🙂

gusamc
    Free Member

hi sharki

yes me and Christine interested, esp if Scout hutting, but pretty busy this year, so date dependant,
    cheers

rOcKeTdOg

mebbe, depends on dates, pretty full schedule

Andy

I’d be up for this too, depending on dates.

stanley

Sounds great..

….Me and Mrs.Stanley are up for this. Think the only weekend we couldn’t do is the first one in May

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Sharki: are you out at all this weekend? I may have a little free time and it would be good to catch up with you.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Yep.. I’m game. Enjoyed your expert guiding skills that last time i can out on a STW quantocks ride.

Do you reckon i’ll be allowed to leave my camper in crowcombe car park over night?

knottie8
    Free Member

I have camped over night at crowcombe carpark before and yes I’ll be there to slow things down(my back garden too).

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Yep, me too.

Haven’t been out on a mountain bikes for ages so this would just the thing to lure me back to the other side. 😀

Pending date of course.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Well I just booked myself a weeks camping holiday in the Qs, so I might be there anyway, or I might miss you all!

mboy
    Free Member

Would be well up for this mate, keep me informed of dates etc and I’ll see if I can come!

DoctorRad
    Free Member

If I’m free and the dodgy knee is up to it, I’ll do on day or ‘tother from Brizzle, thanks!

oldfart

well mr poddy n andy are trying to sort something out so i may well be around .

Andy

Aye, Pete and I are heading down on the 14/15th May

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 151 total)

The topic ‘Guided Quantocks weekend anyone.’ is closed to new replies.