Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Guessing games with the wife…
  • wwaswas

The line between bravery and stupidity is a fine one…

walking round the house carrying a chair and a whip can get you some funny looks from the kids too.

legend
    Free Member

Sometime she isn’t the only one who needs support.

lolz. you sure you’re not new to this?

njee20
    Free Member

Apologies time, book a table at a restaurant, flowers…

…I’ll suggest she does that when I get home.

Sometime she isn’t the only one who needs support.[/quote]

That’s as maybe, but now is the time to MTFU, ignore the fact you’re feeling a bit shit, acknowledge that you’ve made her miserable and do as suggested.

Stoner
    Free Member

Shocking statistic of the week:
    25% of women are on medication for mental health issues.
    That means the other three quarters of them are wandering around UN-MEDICATED!

Cougar

the trouble with apologising is that you’re always asked ‘What for?’ and then it gets a bit tricky…

Reply with, “well, if you don’t know…”

Two can play at silly buggers.

cookeaa

walking round the house carrying a chair and a whip can get you some funny looks from the kids too.

Nah, they’re used to me dressing funny, don’t forget I regularly come home wearing Lycra and/or mud…

She’s not keen on the chair/whip but it does help me get my point across sometimes

Calm the **** down Woman! I already put the bloody bin out….

funkrodent

I guess it all depends on whether your missus is in truth a

or a

Though I’m assuming it is the former?

Though my mum once said that there’s three main types of women (non scientifically verifiable opinions alert). Those who are concerned primarily with their own happiness, those who are concerned primarily with the happiness of their kids and those who are concerned primarily with the happiness of their husbands. Not sure of the veracity of that claim (though it sure provokes heated debate when in the company of women 😉 ), but certainly it does seem to me that often us men can end up playing the role of second class citizen, with a boss who lives by the mantra of “Do I say, not as I do”. Whether or not we put up with it, or for how long, is I guess up to each individual.

Given that the OP has been with the missus for 24 years I’m assuming he’s built up a certain level of tolerance.

or maybe this is a new development…

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I got an amazing admission out of my Missus the other day, that that we only seem to argue when the painters are imminent…

There’s an app for that you know…

cloudnine
    Free Member

Accidentally slept with her sister?

jekkyl

If your partner’s upset with you just agree or say: “sorry! I’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again” asap. Don’t ever answer back or defend yourself, it’s pointless, if you are right you’re still wrong and you’ll go through a whole argument and end up in a worse position than when you started.

Kryton57

@ OP

You do realise this is the reason Bikes were made right? Buy Mrs OP a copy of “Torvill & Dean – the Golden years” and go out on a ride and discover a world of quiet bliss…

If your partner’s upset with you just agree or say: “sorry! I’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again” asap. Don’t ever answer back or defend yourself, it’s pointless, if you are right you’re still wrong and you’ll go through a whole argument and end up in a worse position than when you started.

This is why I keep work & bikes away from Mrs Kryton – they are the only two things I can subject some element of my own control to.

jon1973
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm. If you are grumpy and distant, she should be asking you what’s wrong, not blaming you for it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Also – when my wife doesn’t tell me what’s wrong, it turns out that she can’t. The words just don’t come out.

wwaswas

Take the gaffer tape off?

the-muffin-man

Accidentally slept with her sister?

Not a chance! I’m more likely to bury her under a patio!

The wife’s sister is part of the problem – we’re constantly mopping up her sh!t.

And another twist – and I’m not making this up! – I’ve just got home and the wife’s sisters daughter (one who was coming to stay) has just broken her leg falling off a horse*. So it now looks like we’ll be looking after her sister’s other 2 kids (my wife has just gone to pick them up) for the forseable future while the wife’s sister stays in hospital.

(*a cynical man would guess she wasn’t being watched).

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Guessing games with the wife…’ is closed to new replies.