Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Guess where I’m not going this weekend….
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I am moving house this weekend, just been up to the new gaff and thrown a couple of slabs of beer in the fridge in preperation 😉 I am sure that we can find some live music in one of the local pubs, it may even be pretty good. There will be beds, showers and quite probably a big pub tea on Saturday evening.

Like folk at Glastonbury though we won’t have interwebs 🙁 Seems that it is going to take 4 – 6 weeks to be reconnected. Jeez… I may actually have to go out and have a life rather than sitting infront of a PC for the next few weeks!

Suppose I could ride my bike. Although I hear rumours on another thread that the riding in these parts (Lake District) is a bit pants 😉

HackneyRider
    Free Member

I’m going to go when they open a Starbucks and I can park my Audi next to my Tent…

Failing that I’ll wait till they build a hotel & shopping complex and get Glastonbury United into the premier league…

I love all the ‘festival’ types – won’t help a man in the street usually but when they go the ‘real coutryside’ they go all ethnic…

You do realise white people can’t dance don’t you…

nickc

Went with my brother in the late 80’s and through some of the 90’s. it was cool, saw loads of bands that I’d probably never had listened to otherwise, Yep, you can look at the headliners and they may not be great, but there’s always so many other bands playing, you’re pretty much guaranteed to find something you’ll like.

yes the loos get a bit rank, and you’ll eat shite for 3 days, but it won’t kill you, and everyone else is in the same boat anyway.

I’ve started to book gigs now with my lad who’s started to take more than a passing interest in live music, we were discussing only the other night about a festival, so, may do another Glastonbury yet. Can’t wait TBH.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

They stopped going a few years ago, as it was not the festival they knew any more.

Same with me except i started going in the late 80s lol.

Never mind, a lot of people like it; they’re welcome to it and i hope they enjoy it.

If I had the loot this year I would have been to Bearded Theory, and would be going to The Green Man, Shambala, and Beautiful days to catch that festi vibe

noteeth
    Free Member

Whatever STWers are saying, I can confidently predict that thousands of people will be having a great time at Glasto this weekend. A summary reading of the line-up never catches the full diversity of what’s on offer (not least given all the smaller tents, parties, sound systems – and the sheer scale of the thing). For sure, the festival has changed over the years, but that shouldn’t detract from the hard work of Mr Eavis and many, many others (I’m a local lad, and can vouch for the maaaasssive effort that goes into it).

Favourite spot in 2003. Wish I was there now…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

BBC did a piece from there this morning and it was lashing it down.

LOL!!!!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Guess where I’m not going this weekend….’ is closed to new replies.