Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Guess the place – Hefty cheeky singletrack content.
  • lowey

And the bonus point…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Dunno but it's loverly

jedi

swindon

Ambrose

I dunno- but I really think I've been there, many years ago.

_tom_
    Free Member

It looks Long Mynd-y.

lowey

Miles off Tom

alexpalacefan

If it's great, which it looks to be, and as you say, cheeky, why publish it on an internet forum?

APF

lowey

Because I had a great ride and thought it would be a nice way to share some of the karma with other like minded individuals.

I have no idea what APF means.

singlespeedstu

I'd say that's near to Knighton Mid Wales.

I may have riden it, it looks very familiar.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Looks Welsh to me, maybe Abergavenny black mountains, is that Sugarloaf and Pen Cerrig-calch in the background?

Wild guess mind you 😯

DickBarton

I think I've been there – walking – did a 15 Peaks challenge – just to the north and east of Manchester…the top of that climb leads out to a major boggy walk with very little way of showing a trail…cracking walk on a dry day but would be real grim in wet weather…

Can't for the life of me recall what it was called – we camped at the bottom of that glen for the overnighter…

Bottoms I think I do know this…there is a well known 'peak' something cross near it (well a few miles away)…

forum_alias
    Free Member

"If it's great, which it looks to be, and as you say, cheeky, why publish it on an internet forum?"

plus1

neilb67
    Free Member

Go on, I'll fall in the trap… Gasgale Gill…. 🙄

Big-Bud
    Free Member

howgill fell cumbria

nicko74

Clearly Swinley, in the nifty little hidden bit round the corner from the Labyrinth.

🙂

Candodavid
    Free Member

top end of Leigh woods??

taka
    Free Member

howgills

Somewhere referred to as Gasgale and/or Newlands if I was to hazard an extreme guess……….

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

seathwaite, lakes?

bear-uk
    Free Member

Holland

lowey

Neil and STR… bang on lads.

boxelder

The pics are from different places – pic 1 is Gasgale and pic 2 is Rigg Beck.

Just around the corner for me, but neither trail can take lots of riders, so mums the word.

D0NK

bit of discretion when your out there and your fine but lovely ride, hard work tho.

lowey – Member
    Neil and STR… bang on lads

I didn't have a clue, but clicking on your flikr pic and seeing the title of your photo set was my first clue 8)

neilb67
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

lowey – Member
    Neil and STR… bang on lads

I didn't have a clue, but clicking on your flikr pic and seeing the title of your photo set was my first clue

Me too…. 😆

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Hope you had a good one Lowey – one alternative to that Sail Beck / Rigg Beck return journey…if you head up the pass on the road, duck off left at the top, up Knott Rigg and over Ard Crags; there's a great descent off the end.

anc
    Free Member

Gasgale gill is quite badly damaged/washed away on the buttermere end and involves so scrambling with the bike to pass through it 😉 not for everyone me thinks, take care.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Take Care? Is this the Garnier Pass?!! 😯

lowey

ANC is right, proper tasty. First time I've been scrambling with a bike on my shoulder.

Parked… walked that ridge years ago and it was lovely, but the ST down Rigg beck was on my "to-do" list for this year. It didn't disappoint.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

😀

Kit
    Free Member

Funny, there's trails like that all over Scotland. All legit, and therefore without all the "ooh you can't tell anyone about that and annoy the walkers" 😀

D0NK

Funny, there's trails like that all over Scotland.

move scotland 2 hours closer to my house and I'll ride them instead 🙂

lowey

Kit, your just rubbing our faces in it now 🙂

Kit
    Free Member

Kit, your just rubbing our faces in it now

Have I shown you a Pentlands photo recently? 😀

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

and there's me thinking it was Southport Lowey … Lol

takisawa2

Its the Cannock Chase in 20 million years, when the continental plates have pushed North.

lowey

Kit, looks crap 😛

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Guess the place – Hefty cheeky singletrack content.’ is closed to new replies.