Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • GTA5 – Holy cow!
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

Anyone pre-ordered? Decent price suggestions? Amazon have a lowest price thing, where you pay the lowest price between now and launch if you pre-order, but may still not end up being cheapest. I guess these days there’s little scope to get a particularly good price.

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, I pre-ordered it on Amazon. £40 which is the first time ever I’ve paid full price for a game but I’m OK with that this time.

I get it on the 17th too. I can feel a bit of a nasty cough coming on that day. I’ll need to get a 2 litre bottle of Aldi blue pop and a family bag of cheesy doritos to get me through the illness.

Jamie
    Free Member

Anyone pre-ordered?

Yup.

So long ago, I had actually forgotten about it, till the trailer was released.

…Tesco doing it for £34.99 according to HDUK.

PrinceJohn

I’ll get my coat – I was thinking Grand Turismo (GT), not GTA

GT6 demo is on PSN for download…

njee20
    Free Member

I’m actually pretty excited about this, that looks brilliant.

Vice City was good, San Andreas was fantastic, IV was a disappointment frankly.

theflatboy
    Free Member

There was a lot about IV that was incredible, but a lot that was bloody annoying. Never got the 100%, mainly because I’m not sociable enough to make friends and do activities with them!

molgrips
    Free Member

I never give a crap about the 100%, just want to do the storyline. And GTAIV had a good one.

Lifer
    Free Member

The bloody phonecalls from needy friends in GTAIV got old quick. Driving was rubbish too (although crashing into walls and flying through the windscreen was fun).

San Andreas is the best game ever IMO!

samuri
    Free Member

The driving in IV was ace! If you ste an old banger it was dead slow and handled like a barge.
    If you got an American muscle car it was terrible round corners.
    Nick an M3 and you had a great time.

Drac

Multiplayer is great fun on GTAIV

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itL_JS3GQcA[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

I never played multiplayer.

samuri
    Free Member

The pedestrian skeet was hilarious.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWuCurgehkU[/video]

shindiggy
    Free Member

@Unclehomered

That me me LOL, just replayed HL2 and picked up ep1 and 2 during the steam sale.

Had GT4 on the 360 and hated it, had it on the PC and loved it. Will wait for this to come out on PC too.

*don’t believe this is PS3 footage TBH.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Can’t be bothered to check this, but I’m sure I noticed at one point in the demo video there was a tutorial bit in the corner, saying which buttons to press. That would reveal which system it was at least purporting to be from, wouldn’t it?

Someone check!

Drac

PS3

Jamie
    Free Member

Update.

GTA 5 Online Info:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj9N5lZodH4[/video]

miketually
    Free Member

*whisper*
    The last GTA I played was aerial view.
    */whisper*

molgrips
    Free Member

So is there going to be an STW crew when this comes out? Am I going to have to buy it at launch to join in?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Round of golf jimmers? 🙂

Cougar

Back in Vice City days, my “most hated” gang was golfers.

Jamie
    Free Member

Round of golf jimmers?

It’s the only reason I have it on preorder.

Del

so, i’ve given the whole console thing a body swerve over the past few years, but looking to get back in, particularly in light of this.
    any suggestions for the best buy on a ps3? it’ll get used for movies and playing stuff like GTA, GT, and wipeout, so i imagine i won’t need a massive HD? ( and could probably manage the upgrade myself if i did decide i wanted it later ).
    i’ll also need a tv to replace the leviathan of a crt i have right now, but probably wouldn’t want to go much bigger than a 32″ really.
    i am not mega flush, and a little unwilling to spend more than 4/500 quid.
    anyone offer a newbee some advice?
    thanks! 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Buy a second hand PS3 now, and save the cash for when the PS4 comes out.

Edit: Whoops. Just saw your budget is for a telly as well. Hmm. Still get a second hand PS3 for £80-£100, a TV for £250-ish, and save the rest towards the PS4.

Del

thanks Jamie. that TV looks cracking for the money.
    looks like i can pick up a PS3 for just over a ton brand new it seems. any reason to go SH?

Jamie
    Free Member

Probably not. I only suggested second hand to save a few quid, but if there is not much difference between the two, remembering to compare like for like, then go for new.

Cougar

i’ll also need a tv to replace the leviathan of a crt i have right now, but probably wouldn’t want to go much bigger than a 32″ really.

I can probably sell you a telly that fits that bill.

molgrips
    Free Member

I just had to replace my PS3. Best deal was a new super slim 500gb with The Last of Us from Game for £200. I didn’t want s/h as some are really noisy, you don’t know which ones.

Oh, I can sell you my old one for buttons. The drive doesn’t work but you can download any game, it’ll still work.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘GTA5 – Holy cow!’ is closed to new replies.