Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 1,557 total)
  • GTA V
  • takisawa2

So, give it a week to settle down, then an inaugural STW Megavalanche from the Cable Car station to kick it off… 🙂

Drac

Latest crew members have had a response.

anonymouse
    Free Member

I finally made it online last night. So far, so meh. Still loving the main game though.

Drac

I got too enthralled in the later missions to try.

Cougar

Had a look at online yesterday.

Wondered what all the fuss was about, till I got to the first shootout bit with a couple of random strangers (who were worse drivers than me) and it glitched; started drawing textures like The Hobbit on the Spectrum and then threw me back to the beginning of the unskippable cutscene.

On my fourth bounce back to the start, I gave up and went back to single player.

Drac

They’ve addressed a few more issues and found a bug with PSN apparently so hopefully it’ll sort soon. Probably just in time for me going back to work.

Drac

Main game done so just the sub-missions to do now.

Drac

Patch is out this am so see what comes. Just on time for me going back to work.

molgrips
    Free Member

Are there requirements for broadband speed for this?

EDIT

Wait a minute though.. in the online game, are you in the same SA as hundreds or thousands of other lunatics? So you could be just walking along and be taken out by a speeding gangster in a stolen car?

Recipe for carnage 🙂

takisawa2

Well mine is on ethernet cable, straight into a router on VM’s 120mb broadband & its still crap online. Sheer volume of traffic I think.

But, when your as crap as I am, the game will probably take me a year to complete anyway. 😀

I dont think everyone online is in the same environment…it would be somewhat crowded. 🙂
    Max 16 per “game” I think…

Lifer
    Free Member

16 seems small for server based, CoD is limited to 16 as that’s P2P.

I was hoping for carnage, MAG managed to have 128 players on one map and that was great!

Drac

Running smooth for me just done my first Job was pretty cool doing missions with real players.

16 seems small for server based, CoD is limited to 16 as that’s P2P.

COD is tiny maps and very little going on in the background.

DaveRambo

I tried without success to play online until the patch update today.

Seems pretty good so far but only played for 30 mins.
    Just need some friends/crew now.

warton
    Free Member

re you in the same SA as hundreds or thousands of other lunatics?

No, don’t think it’s 16, maybe 30 or so. I got into a car chase / gunfight with someone last night. he blew out my tyres. The police then shot me to death 😀

I’ts double awsum

atlaz
    Free Member

I can’t even log in online. Tried a few times, gave up. CoD a the same time gave me perfect pings.

njee20
    Free Member

Even 30 will be very very sparse in that map! I tried weds night, couldn’t get on.

Did nick the 747 though, awesome! Ran out of fuel rather quickly though!

Crell
    Free Member

haha Dave, I’ll be your “friend”. Shouldn’t you be sorting our trip to Wales? I’ve done a few missions but spent most of my time doing stupid stuff like landing a helo on the blimp and MX / MTB runs from the cable car and random shooting incidents.

Drac, will also send an request to the “crew” tonight. I’m not 12, and don’t shout abuse down the mic 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

Are the headsets necessary for online? I don’t have one.

warton
    Free Member

Even 30 will be very very sparse in that map! I tried weds night, couldn’t get on.

whenever I’ve tried to do a job, have a race, have a deathmatch it’s always been quick enough to fill the slots.

Lifer
    Free Member

njee20 – Member

Even 30 will be very very sparse in that map

There are NPCs too though. Having first proper play tonight interested to see what’s what.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    Main game done so just the sub-missions to do now

I read somewhere that main game equates to around 40% of the total complete … how does that add up for you ?

Drac

I read somewhere that main game equates to around 40% of the total complete … how does that add up for you ?

No idea as I did loads of sub-missions already.

I’ll check crew requests again in a bit and before I go to work.

Not sure headsets are that necessary but apparently you can scream down the headset when holding up liqueur stores to speed them up.

Map is bit but even with 16+ it seems enough going and that’s just free play that uses the full maps, deathmatches shrink it down.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Has anyone got an apartment yet? What do they actually contain? Is there any point?

legend
    Free Member

Just applied for the crew……….. I don’t really know what that means

Drac

Means you can do jobs together and compete in certain matches, just a way to gain stats for the team.

I use a PS3 so if you’re on Xbox you won’t see me online 🙂

No apartment yet just building me cash it’s just a social meeting point I think.

molgrips
    Free Member

Drac is that you with the username beginning with W and 11 letters?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d just like to say that the shooting range challenges are frickin’ difficult!! 😡

molgrips
    Free Member

I enjoyed those.. didn’t do too badly, got a couple of golds, only a few retries.

Drac

Nope I’m Dracy

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nope I’m Dracy

😯

Had to read that twice. 😆

Drac

🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

Can you be in more than one Crew? Already in my old FPS clan’s crew [PONY] but only a few of us have GTA…

anonymouse
    Free Member

You can be in multiple crews but only one can be active at any one time.

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

Another crew request submitted.

At the moment am a little underwhelmed with the online part. It just seemed full of folk wanting to randomly drive me off the road, try to land their helicopter on me and shoot me. Hopefully missions and stuff are more teamy/friendly.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m wondering if we need a specific and dedicated STW crew where we all have to keep our STW names.. so we know who’s who..

andeh

Not bought Xbox Live yet, I’m loathed to spend another £35 already. Still, I’m Humanhair in the crew….Andeh just isn’t cyptic/badass enough for a homecidal maniac.

DaveRambo

Request sent.

Crell – in what way did you want to be “friends” ?

Wales trip is being sorted – seems it’s all down to me again – I too fancy Nant-yr.

Drac

I’m wondering if we need a specific and dedicated STW crew where we all have to keep our STW names.. so we know who’s who

You’ll soon work it out and your character name on MP could be set to it.

DaveRambo

Yey I’m in the crew – thanks Drac.

Now what ?

Drac

No problem.

Well I get ready for work now so nothing for me.

Basically play the game if you fancy create crew member only rooms or join crew member playing already. Plus do mission with crew member.

I may be on during the day tomorrow depending if I can sleep or not during the day.

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 1,557 total)

The topic ‘GTA V’ is closed to new replies.