Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,557 total)
  • GTA V
  • andeh

I tried the “buy stock, blow up vans” technique tonight, didn’t really work :/ at most it raised about 0.1% and I kept getting killed by the rozzers in the process. I think I need to refine my approach.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The only thing that bothers me about GTA V is that it doesn’t seem to have come on a lot…..I want to do a Breaking Bad and cook meth, set up my own distribution networks in the game then take part in turf wars to expand my area of control…whilst keeping the police happy by bribing them. They pride themselves on making it an open world game, well then….make it a true open world game with a real economy and add some non-linear strategy to it instead of this rigidly structured storyline!

But noooo

All I’m doing is driving cars around and shooting wave after wave of policemen.

I think I’m going to get flamed for giving a bad GTA (mini) review.

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

I retrieved a guys mtb, he gave me 100k worth of shares in his company. I would have kept the bike if I hadn’t been driving around in a R8 type car. Just waiting for price to go up a bit more now.

endurogangster
    Free Member

I may be wrong but I think the ‘buy shares, blow competitor stuff up’ only works once the game is completed?

Drac

I may be wrong but I think the ‘buy shares, blow competitor stuff up’ only works once the game is completed?

You’re wrong. To have an effect takes more than one person shooting a few trucks up, the BAWSAQ is effected by all players it’s linked online and gathers stats from what happens. Supposedly killing the employees that are smoking outside has a bigger effect.

Tom that does sound great but it’s not how GTA works it follows stories of the main characters to play, it is very free world but not setup to played like that. The MP is loosely going to be like that with missions to setup but again these are story lines however they can be created by anyone and posted online for others to play.

Lifer
    Free Member

To make even more money on the Lester missions once the original stock peaks and you sell re-invest in the company you hit (Eg Sell debonair, sink it all back into Redwood) I got 300% return on redwood yesterday in a couple of (in game) days.

Going round blowing stuff up to play the stock market is peanuts in comparison and only worth it if you already have several zeros on your bank balance.

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

The only thing that bothers me about GTA V is that it doesn’t seem to have come on a lot…..I want to do a Breaking Bad and cook meth, set up my own distribution networks in the game then take part in turf wars to expand my area of control…whilst keeping the police happy by bribing them. They pride themselves on making it an open world game, well then….make it a true open world game with a real economy and add some non-linear strategy to it instead of this rigidly structured storyline!

But noooo

All I’m doing is driving cars around and shooting wave after wave of policemen.

I think I’m going to get flamed for giving a bad GTA (mini) review.

I think that would be awesome – however it sounds more like a MMPORG (or whatever they’re called!!)

endurogangster
    Free Member

You’re wrong. To have an effect takes more than one person shooting a few trucks up, the BAWSAQ is effected by all players it’s linked online and gathers stats from what happens. Supposedly killing the employees that are smoking outside has a bigger effect.

Ok cool thought I had read it somewhere but not far enough along to test it out!

On another note has anyone actually managed/ is it possible, to keep ‘chops bitch’ in the app game from chasing other dogs away?

muggomagic

My new pride and joy.

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

Drac – I’ve just sent a request to join your crew…

I can bring a love of starting fires & explosions to the mix…

Drac

Cool I’ll add you later for some reason it sends an invite so keep check for it b

Cougar

Just unlocked Trevor. He’s cheery.

First thing I did was give him a handlebar moustache and mullet. Seemed appropriate.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

First thing I did was give him a handlebar moustache and mullet. Seemed appropriate.

Glad I wasn’t the only person to do that 😛

Drac

The dodgy weird hair cut for me and the handlebar. I also dress him very odd too he’s the best character by far.

takisawa2

He’s a nasty bugger that Trevor. 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

First thing I did with Trevor was get him some new clothes as his default ones were too disgusting to look at.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Boom. Finished. When is GTA6 out?

I reckon Trevor ranks up there with Ben Kingsley from Sexy Beast and the nasty one from Animal Kingdom amongst all time unsettling baddies. Cracking job Rockstar.

Torminalis
    Free Member

First thing I did with Trevor was get him some new clothes as his default ones were too disgusting to look at.

You make Trevor wear clothes? Some people are just weird.

matther01
    Free Member

Torminalis – have you truly finished or just the story missions?

Smudger666

Well, gravity sucks and I managed to transact a perfectly smooth sale of his copy of GTA V – smooth that is until I realised on opening the envelope on Friday that I hadn’t told him which console I own!

My kid was happy – an unexpected copy for him, and a GTA V – less weekend for me. And I can report that as of Friday at 5pm, there wasn’t a retail or rental copy within 10 miles. I checked.

Amazon should deliver today and then maybe the shakes will go away once I get my fix.

On a plus note, I managed to get about three weeks worth of chores done over the weekend, so my brownie points are in the black for now.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

I said I was a bit miffed Nick, that was all. It didn’t ruin my week, or even day. But no, like any book I read or film I see, funnily enough I don’t want to know the ending. I didn’t have a go at Emsz, you or anyone. And WOW, what lengths you went to, embedding appropriate videos to assist your point in an hilarious fashion whilst simultaneously patronising and belittling me. Great work sunshine, have a smartie.

Do you want a hug though? 😉

wilko1999
    Free Member

dirty – funnily enough after seeing Nicks noble and valiant charge to ‘poor lass’ Emsz’s defence (even though she was in no way attacked) I had to run straight to my parent’s house for a big hug off my Mummy. So no, I’m covered on that one, but thank you for the kind offer 🙂

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

😆

Torminalis
    Free Member

have you truly finished or just the story missions

Just the story missions. CBA to find every jump. Might go hunting for the alien spaceship parts though…

richmtb

I spent an hour last night try to steal a jet fighter.

Going to have another go using the motorbike method tonight.

Bit disappointed that you can’t do Emergency vehicle missions like you could do it previous GTA’s. But then you can steal a jet fighter so I’ll probably get over it!

endurogangster
    Free Member

If you use franklins driving ability to slow time down just before you breach the base you won’t pick up 5 star wanted level until you turn it off, that way you can get all the way to the plane hanger without a shit been fired at you and the fly straight out!

Works a treat, helps to have bought the hanger at the airport so you can save it too!

Cougar

Had my first flight last night, via Trevor’s missions. Many, many retries.

I was trying to get the ‘under the bridge’ stunts ticked off, but with a plane with the turning circle of your average continental plate I sacked it off in the end. Still managed to stuff up landing half a dozen times; I was longing for a checkpoint.

richmtb

was trying to get the ‘under the bridge’ stunts ticked off,

The final one with the river full of trees below it was a PITA took a few goes but overall it was a really fun mission

McHamish
    Free Member

I have Trevor in a pink vest top with ‘Pussycat’ written across it and some little blue shorts with a pink trim.

He’s sporting a mullet and a big beard.

muggomagic

My favourite Trevor moment so far has been when he woke up in bed spooning Wade’s cousin who’s dressed in his girlfriend’s pink PJs sobbing.

Drac

That was very odd yes, I have you seen the guitar one that had me in kinks.

ska-49
    Free Member

Who’s ready for online?! Rumour is that it launches at 2am in the UK.

Any xbox player add me on kai090 please!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Question on stock purchasing during the assassinations (for Lester).

I’ve got the three lads buying big on Lester’s tips before doing the hits. How long does the stock climb for? i.e. how long should I hold on to the stock before selling?

Drac

I was born ready.

akira

Xbox here bigbigal, crew is BigStealCar.

ski
    Free Member

So any links/news about what we can expect with the online gaming content tomorrow.

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZYbGpvOGBg[/video]

marko75
    Free Member

Drac – asked to join you! see you online!

Drac

Returned you just need to accept the invite and you’ll part of the crew.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Just got to Franklyn’s safe house. Very plush.

I didn’t realise the missions that got me this were the ones with the above tips. Will get some more cash to buy shares before the next one.

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,557 total)

The topic ‘GTA V’ is closed to new replies.