Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • GT 85
  • couldgetacarforthat
    Free Member

Since I bagged a sackful of cheap cans when on offer at Aldi I’ve been using it a bit more liberally and not just on the drivetrain.

Gave the frame a light coat yesterday resulting in a wondrous sheen that looks like it might keep some of the gloop off.

Not sure whether I should do this as a matter of routine. Obviously avoiding brakes. Will it have impact on alloy / paintwork?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

It won’t do any harm. I wouldn’t put it on the drivetrain though, there’s better products for that.

buck53

Will it have impact on alloy / paintwork?

Not directly, but I’ve found it becomes very sticky when dried (i.e. after a number of weeks) so as long as you wash it fairly regularly, you should be right.

If you’re looking for something else to polish up the frame then silicon spray is worth a try and in my experience is petter as a ‘shield’ against the dirt.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scandal42
    Free Member

I use it on my frame regularly, and and nooks and crannies where water gets.

chiefinspector
    Free Member

Not directly, but I’ve found it becomes very sticky when dried (i.e. after a number of weeks) so as long as you wash it fairly regularly, you should be right.

Agree with buck53. I use this to polish the frame and the bike looks amazing once finished. Rather than spray directly onto the frame i spray it into a rag and polish the frame that way. Doesn’t get nearly so sticky and cleans easily.

seadog101

Do a similar trick myself but with WD40 :?. Spray it onto a rag, and wipe liberally on the frame. Keeping it clear of all the sensitive bits of rubber, of course. Once dried it helps the goopy stuff wash off easily. Haven’t seen any effect on the paintwork (it is a matt finish though).

wonnyj
    Free Member

I can’t stand the smell of it.

Dibbs
    Free Member

+1 for silicone spray.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I wouldn’t put it on the drivetrain though, there’s better products for that

agreed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘GT 85’ is closed to new replies.