Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • GSXR750 anyone?
  • Northwind

This is one of the reasons I've always resisted the urge to chop in the SV and get a Mille or something- I've crashed the poor thing about 6 times at speeds up to 70mph and it just needs a bit of gaffer tape, new levers and crash bungs and occasionally a subframe beaten with a big hammer and it's back in the game :mrgreen: I think I'd be afraid of hurting a nicer bike, but the SV I'll happily throw into a gravel trap in pursuit of good times.

mickasaki
    Free Member

I wish i was like that but i'm a bit of a magpie i'm afraid 😀

mickasaki
    Free Member

Just got the estimate for the repair, its..cough..£4950! bargain! Plus a seperate claim for 2 sets of dainese gear and Shoei helmets! And you thought MTB's were expensive to fix!

Curly68
    Free Member

Jeez! Just for that. Didn't look a lot when I pushed it into the van. See if you can change the colour. LOL!

gixer.john
    Free Member

Mate ran inot the back of us last year – cracked the outer exhaust casing and dented the exhaust heatshield – bike was returned today £2349.65, and that was just the outside of the exhaust that was damaged, not the main can!!

mickasaki
    Free Member

Curly, are you saying that you must have damaged it in transit? 😆 I cant believe how much it is to be honest, but i dont really care as long as its sorted! I suppose thats low volume parts prices for you. The rear exhaust can (standard whale c#ck) is just under £800, so you can see how it all adds up. Cant see Suzuki selling many of them (unless i come off again!)

Flapjack
    Free Member

Give it time.
    And I reckon you've got more chance of becoming Pope than you have of getting your missus to get on the back again.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Its back! I'm going to try and stick to falling off my heckler for a while this time! The yoshi arrived too! (although i'm not sure if its staying!) There are some good insurance company's out there, i ended up with new leathers nad helmets too!

Curly68
    Free Member

What are nad helmets? Is that like a cricket box?
    Must say though, my phone has been on all weekend and didn't recieve a distress call. Well done for keeping it shiny side up. Or did you not go back out again this weekend?

mickasaki
    Free Member

even Rossi comes off evey so often! at least i get out enough to fall off curly. Oh, how you gettin on with the gastric band?

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘GSXR750 anyone?’ is closed to new replies.