Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • GSXR750 anyone?
  • mickasaki
    Free Member

[img]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad282/mickasaki_photos/Photo0091.jpg[/img]Here it is! well chuffed, even with the brown colour!

HTTP404
    Free Member

even with the brown colour!

😯

mickasaki
    Free Member

It looks better in the flesh! I was seriously doubting it myself untill i picked it up! It Pissed down on the way home so was even browner by the time i got home. You shouldnt have to wash something the day you buy it!

singlecrack
    Free Member

oh look someone's just fly tipped some old gixxer 😆

lovely bit jealous now

mickasaki
    Free Member

How dare yee!

singlecrack
    Free Member

I am surprised you stopped to take pics
    I would still be on it now

prob ran it in on the first day

Curly68
    Free Member

Can't see the Yoshi can on it yet though! Looks nice, can't wait to see it in the flesh.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Pipe should be here about Tues/Weds, You'l hear going passed your house when it does Curly!

mickasaki
    Free Member

[img]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad282/mickasaki_photos/Photo0096.jpg[/img][Oh bugger! GSXR doing spaniel impression! Note – Nobby (the Spaniel inside the door) looks nearly as pi##ed off as i was!

Big thanks to Flapjack for hospital duty and Curly68 for recovery of the bike!

Pigface
    Free Member

What did you do? Or did it fall off the stand?

mickasaki
    Free Member

It fell off the back of a mercedes A-class that decided to do an emergency stop for a bird that was in the road! S#it happens!

amplebrew

Oh no, FFS that's awful 😥

Are you ok?

Bike doesn't look too bad.

Looks like the crash protector on right side worked.

Curly68
    Free Member

Hey no problem picking the bike up. Hope your missus is feeling better today. You will be on house duties for a while whilst her arm heals!!

mickasaki
    Free Member

We came off pretty good really, she has a broken arm and i dislocated my little pinkie! The bikes mainly cosmetic, but you never really know with these sportsbikes. Its been taken to the dealership for assesment, so hopefully i'll know soon. Thats what insurance is for i suppose 😆

RustyNissanPrairie

bugger. Im gutted for you.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Looks like those crash bungs were a good investment.

amplebrew

I know how much you'll be gutted, but at least you and the missus are here to tell the tale.

Fingers crossed that it'll be good news from the dealership.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Nightmare! Hope you and the the bike (and your missus!!) are sorted and back riding by the time Summer proper kicks in!

singlecrack
    Free Member

F***k me that was quick
    from new to trashed in a couple of days

another *RAGGED TO WITHIN AN INCH THREAD COMING*

glad to hear you are all ok

bet you pi**ed right off now

Flapjack
    Free Member

DEE-DAA .. DEE-DAA……Dr Flapjack here!!

Chin in the old UP position. We can save the indicators but I'm sorry to say the colour can't be changed.

Hope MrsSaki's arm is bearing up, I know I'd be bolloxed without the use of my right arm for a couple of weeks, (I just don't seem to have the co-ordination required for the left)
    Hats off for putting yourself forward for public ridicule – from flash to trash in 24 hours! 😆

singlecrack
    Free Member

1 plus point
    at least you didn't trash the yoshi

Curly68
    Free Member

singlecrack – Member
    F***k me that was quick
    from new to trashed in a couple of days

I don't think it would be that bad if it lasted a couple of days. This happened just over 24 hours after pick up!
    If you didn't like the colour, you could have bought a blue one instead of throwing it down the road!
    In defence of the colour though. When the sun hits is (not an A class), it does show off a nice reddish sparkly hue.

Flapjack
    Free Member

I think the only reddish hue is coming from Mickasaki's face!

If you want my professional medical opinion it looks like a classic case of running into a corner too fast and running out of talent!

mickasaki
    Free Member

Flapjack – if anyone knows about lack of talent – your the man!
    At least its only my wallet with the serious longterm injury Singletrack collection time anybody? 😉
    I will just have to get the hemlock out more now, trouble is i'm having trouble stayin on that too – mainly due to lack of talent of my riding buddies – you know who you are!

Curly68
    Free Member

Ahem! I wasn't the one falling off any bikes, I was in front and stayed out of the puddle! 😛

anagallis_arvensis

arse, If its any consolation I crashed 19.6 miles after passing my test and buying a bike, although it was a car going into the back of me that caused it. Hope your ok and the mrs isnt able to hit you too hard with her good arm!!

Geronimo
    Free Member

That's awful to have crashed so soon. The crash bungs did appear to work though.

On reflection, were you possibly slightly too close to the car that did the 'emergency stop' in front of you?

Just wondering, as I'm always looking for ways to improve my riding/safety and I'm quite wary of people stopping in front of me, having once had a car brake in front of me and me locking my front wheel.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Curly, what makes you think i was talking about you 😉

Geronimo, i suppose i must have been really! although i crtainly wasn't aware of it at the time, and was only riding at a leisurly pace for a change! I wonder if part of the problem is looking ahead of the car infront to pre-empt problems. The road was clear as far as i could see. Not sure if the driver let off the throttle initialy to slow down and then braked or something, so the gap was already closing before i was alerted. I just dont know really. At the end of the day, i should have been able to stop in time, but couldn't, so no excuses as i hit him, not the other way around! I'm man enough to admit that! But being made to fall off ones mountain bike due to certain people traveling to slowly (wont mention Curly or Flapjacks name here!) is just rude 😆

epicsteve
    Free Member

I went with ABS on my latest bike so I could just haul on the levers in these sorts of situations, especially when it's wet. If it does happen (and touch wood it hasn't yet) I wonder if I'll forget I'm on the ABS bike though (my others don't have ABS) and brake as normal.

mickasaki
    Free Member

New technology – it'll never catch on 😆 I dont know if it will always help anyway, in my case i didn't even manage to lock up. Whether your mind would allow you just to heave on the brake fully straight away without thinking is questionable i'd have thought. Theres only one way to find out! Probably better just to leave even more gap and expect the freaky actions of otheres to happen! If your going for a VFR though i'd have it.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Probably better just to leave even more gap and expect the freaky actions of otheres to happen!

When I'm on two-wheels I treat all other road users as homicidal maniacs out to get me and I've found that's worked well so far!

If your going for a VFR though i'd have it.

Given the option I'd definitely pay extra for it now. Didn't have the option with my CBF1000 as the GT versions (the one with full-fairing and luggate) all have it as standard but if I'd went with the base model I'd have specified it anyway.

solarider
    Free Member

Are the mirrors totally knackered or did they just breakaway and snap back into place?

Nice bike. A bit different from the usual lary superbike-alike designs.

Shame about the story. Enjoyed reading it and watching it evolve right up to the pictures after the crash.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Yes the mirrors are buggered! along with all the body panels, tops of the forks, top yoke, ignition, imobilizer, fairing/clock braket and plenty more! Lessons have been learnt! Its not put me off in the slightest either, and cant wait to get it back. just hope its here for the summer! Never mind, just have to use the Cotic some more! may be having an adventure down to the north downes this weekend so should be fun!
    Thanks for all the encouragement everyone,its appreciated!

amplebrew

Sorry to hear about all the damage, it doesn't look that bad in the pictures 🙁

How are they injuries healing up?

mickasaki
    Free Member

I'm pretty much sorted already, just a few aches'n'pains, back to work today. The wife is not to bad either, just been told to rest her arm and keep it in the sling. just got to go back to hospital for more xrays next week to see if they need to pin her arm or not , or just leave it to heal itself,hopefully it will, then she can start on the housework again!

amplebrew

Hope that you're spoiling her!!!!!!!! lol

Good news that you're back to work, so to speak; hope that the insurance gets sorted quickly and that you get back on 2 wheels ASAP.

Northwind

You noob 🙁 Your insurance company must be delighted :mrgreen: Hope you both heal up well. Amazing how much damage you can do with a fairly minor shunt…

mickasaki
    Free Member

At least i'm going to get my moneys worth out of the insurance company at last, justice is finally done 😆

solarider
    Free Member

Until your next premium! You'll end up covering the damage for the next 5 years until they have pretty much charged you the full wack split over your next 5 premiums! At the end of the day, it's only metal and plastic. At least the 2 of your are ok (ish).

mickasaki
    Free Member

Good job i had just renewed my car insurance too! Theese things happen, so just have to put up with it. You cant not have the insurance, and i'm going to be paying for the bike for a while, so its got to be used!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘GSXR750 anyone?’ is closed to new replies.