Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Grrrrrrrrrravel: Compass Barlow Pass tyres
  • cinnamon_girl

Unable to find anywhere in the UK that still sells these. Anyone know if they’re still around or where they can be bought? The mighty G can’t help.

Thanks. 🙂

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Have you tried direct from USA?
    Otherwise Cycleworks may be able to help?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Somafunk did have some on his Tripster at one point.. might be able to help

curto80
    Free Member

Dammit you’re right, seem to have disappeared from the VeloVitallity website

cinnamon_girl

Thanks chaps. They were mentioned on here a year ago but the retailer, Velovitality, no longer sells them which is where Somafunk presumably bought them. Compass home page doesn’t even show distributors/retailers. Buying from the US will mean megabucks in charges. Cycleworks?

Just seems rather odd that they’ve disappeared.

amedias
    Free Member

Hmmm, does look like VV have stopped listing them, have you tried calling them to ask what the situation is? Might be they’ve stopped doing them, might be that out of stock and taken down till new shipment arrives, might be something else…

I’m going to need some replacements for my compass tyres soon so may need to look at how much shipping from US is.

somafunk

Mine are sitting in the shed, think i only put a few hundred miles on them before i removed and fitted planet-x gravel roads as i was away up to aviemore and needed something a bit more chunky, I’ll never use them again so if you want them i could parcel them up and send them down, if you are happy with the condition when you receive then you could send me £25 for the pair.

Sound ok?.

amedias
    Free Member

Take him up on that right now CG!

cinnamon_girl

somafunk – what’s the width please and are they the normal or lightweight version? Thanks. 🙂

somafunk

Just been out to find them, they are the 700cx38mm extra light version with no visible wear on the herringbone tread, drop me an email with your address and ill pop in the post morn.

amedias
    Free Member

Barlow Pass are all 38mm, (the different names are for different sizes)

notmyrealname
    Free Member

If CG doesn’t take your hand off for the tyres, I’ll take them as mine are starting to look a little threadbare 😯

cinnamon_girl

somafunk – I’m just checking with my son, it’s for his first gravel bike. Will get back to you shortly. Thanks.

somafunk

sold to cinnamon_girl i’m afraid.

cinnamon_girl

amedias – they’re out of stock at Compass USA, it’s odd that none appear to exist in the UK.

notmyrealname – sorry!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Oh well, it was worth a try 😆

happybiker
    Free Member

Have these been replaced by Bon Jon Pass? I was looking at them too. Also out of stock at VV.

amedias
    Free Member
    OCB
    Free Member

Heresy to suggest comparisons perhaps, but what’d make for a good supple 700 x 35/38’ish tyre in lieu of the Compass (Compass’s?). My Vaya has been wearing Conti CX tyres over the winter, but what with the sun being out n’all now, I fancy something a bit more road, and a bit less country.

peteimpreza

@ OCB , fitted some Challnge Gravel Grinder Race recently.

Loving them so far and they have just got me around the HONC with absolutely no issues at all .

Also running much lower pressures than recommended without issue .

curto80
    Free Member

PSA: several models of Compass tyres now back in stock at velovitality if you can live with tan sidewalls

curto80
    Free Member

Just put my set of these in the Classifieds if anyone still cares…

tang
    Free Member

The frame builder Sven Cycles are now the UK distributor for compass tyres.

aP
    Free Member

Ah. Thanks, that’s handy.

mugsys_m8

Alternatively 211 cycles in France are extremely helpful and ‘nice’.

richardthird

@OCB: The £13 Vittoria Voyager Hypers roll just as well as the Barlow Pass imho. Had 2 pairs of both and the BPs were a bit baggy tubeless for my liking.

35s measure up to 37-38mm £13 @ PX

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Grrrrrrrrrravel: Compass Barlow Pass tyres’ is closed to new replies.