Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Grrrrrrr Flip and blimey. Weatherproof clothing.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Or lack of.
    No one’s out. Not because it’s wet. Because they don’t have weather gear. They’ve (mostly) spent gazzilions on pro peloton lookalike gear. even shed loads of rapha. Though won’t spend a single penny on an uncool waterproof.
    More road for me then!

wheelie

‘Uncool’ was when we used those horrible yellow pvc capes (and oilskin one before that) in the 60’s.! They had the windage of a prachute! Oddly enough you still see the odd CTC member with one.
    A bit of rain never stops me doing a 30 mile commute.

PiknMix
    Free Member

LOVE riding in the rain, you can only get wet to a certain degree so once your at that point of wetness it’s just a case of keeping going for the warmth.

coatesy
    Free Member

They’ve probably come to the same conclusion as me, no matter how much you spend on a waterproof, you’re still going to get soaking wet(and probably cold and miserable too).

bruneep

Just try and be warm and wet……… Oh err 😯

epicyclo

wheelie – Member
    ‘Uncool’ was when we used those horrible yellow pvc capes (and oilskin one before that) in the 60’s.! They had the windage of a prachute! Oddly enough you still see the odd CTC member with one…

Still use mine (thin nylon). With mudguards it’s the best way to stay dry, and there’s nothing more breathable than a cape.

If I’m only going out for 10miles or so I’ll probably just wear “waterproof” clothing, but when the ride is 50 – 100 miles, then it’s a cape.

I’d sooner be warm and dry than fashionable. 🙂

Edric64
    Free Member

Cycle capes work well when it is not windy and you dont sweat under one like you are wearing a plastic bag .Got mine for about 8 quid in Wilkinsons

oldnpastit

My cheap and cheerful raincoat turned out not to be waterproof this morning.

As did my overshoes.

Other than that it wasn’t too bad.

Slightly annoying that I’ve had a Nobby Nic on the front since forever, and I finally got round to swapping to a Racing Ralph last night (bought off the classifieds, yeah!).

The first drops of rain started falling just as I walked out of the garage.

epicyclo

Edric 64 – Member
    Cycle capes work well when it is not windy and you dont sweat under one like you are wearing a plastic bag .Got mine for about 8 quid in Wilkinsons

I was recently in a howling gale in my cape on the West Coast. Thumb loops and tucking the tail between me and the saddle stopped any flapping problems. Definitely don’t sweat as much.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Grrrrrrr Flip and blimey. Weatherproof clothing.’ is closed to new replies.