Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Grrrrr! Tubeless!
  • scruff
    Free Member

Duks R cereal gang rappistz.

MarkDatz
    Free Member

Duks r chiks dude draks r dude duks

scruff
    Free Member

Lezza rapistz den.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MarkDatz
    Free Member

WTF

Bushwacked
    Free Member

No Fethers needed from Duks or draks!

Both up – one with the Gaffa method and the other using a 20" tube method… both with Stans. Gonna leave them overnight and see whats what in the morning.

I may even take them down to the petrol station for a bit of a pump up to 60PSI tomorrow.

BTW – I don't seem to be able to get them above 35psi for some reason with just my track pump – is this normal?

🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Damn – my rear tyre has deflated overnight (the one using Gaffa tape)… pumped it back up and wiggled it and seems OK. Gonna ride it later and see how it holds up.

Any ideas why this may have happened?

M6TTF
    Free Member

mine lost air for a few rides, then seemed to just settle down – chuck a bit more sealant in and make sure the valve is tight.

b r – Member
    Stop been tight, buy a Stans kit.

And often you get plenty of 'bubbling', eventually a seal will be obtained.

60 quid, fine if you have the money, but there are more cost effective ways to try it out…

Andy-R

Has anybody tried self-amalgamating tape rather than duct tape? It seems like it would be ideal but maybe someone here has already tried it.

uplink
    Free Member

Has anybody tried self-amalgamating tape rather than duct tape? It seems like it would be ideal but maybe someone here has already tried it.

I have access to miles of the stuff & have thought about it but you'd ideally need wider rolls than the usual 20mm & you'd have to leave it a day or so – somewhere not too cold
    It'd also be a bit of a pain peeling the backing off & applying it

I may give it a shot though

davidrussell
    Free Member

Mark Datz says WTF in a post. Surely the greatest irony in the history of STW?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Grrrrr! Tubeless!’ is closed to new replies.