Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Grrrr…. I thought id just bought a great road bike.
  • 1981miked
    Free Member

This has annoyed me a tad!

This was not on STW I might add.

I have been on the hunt for a road bike and due to a drop in the budget I am now looking a second hand up to £650.
    I saw a Giant TCR advanced 3 advertised, it was black naked carbon, full 105 gearing, nice wheels and good finishing kit, my size aswell and was going for a bargain.. It looked minted in the pics and this was confirmed by the seller.

It was advertised as pick up but posting was possible. So after an email or 2 I posted on the advert page that I’d take the bike and I’d confirm today if it needed posting or not. I got a reply saying “I have never posted a bike before, could you advise how to do it and when it is to be paid for etc?”.

So I sent a long email explaining this process and that I could give a deposit or pay in full last night. I then proceeded to tell 2 people who’s bikes I had expressed an interest in that I was no longer interested.. I got no email back until 11.30am this morning saying that he was now selling it to somebody else… Even though I said I would confirm today if I could pick it up, it turned out I could collect it Tuesday as I would be passing the area he lives.

Surely he should have told the other guy it was sold pending collection arrangements? Or at least emailed me to ask if I knew what was happening collection or postage wise? I did email him expressing my dissatisfaction but nothing since.

Anyway that’s all, just wanted to see what u lot thought.. Apart from MTFU of course. ; )
    I’m over it now but I’m now iron in the fire bikless wise (if that makes sense).

The hunt continues.. Sorry for going on!

cp

MTFU 😉

Cash is king, and if someone else came up with the readies, was local and could defo collect then I can see someone would go for them.

Personally, if someone offers me for something I’m selling, then others go in line until I’ve got a definite yes/cash from them (unless they go quiet/it takes days and no response etc..)

I can understand why people don’t do that though when selling, and just take the first definite yes/hard cash…

tragically1969
    Free Member

Hmmm, that sounds a bit too cheap for a bike of that spec, how old was it ?

You can by a pretty good new bike for that new, have a look at the sales on ribble cycles, wiggle, planetx, chainreaction etc. etc.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Just the way it is innit.

I sold a bike 2 weeks ago. Was messed about by somone local (not from STW) to me for a week. Said he would have bike subject to seeing it (albeit I had sent 20+ photo’s). He cancelled 3 times to view citing work commitments etc. He then texted me to arrange another time to view and I had sold it to someone else. He wasnt happy but someone else was much more efficient and turned up with cash.

1981miked
    Free Member

Yeah I get the cash is king thing but I said I would let him know today if I could collect it… Which I could on Tuesday. But yeah I guess it’s a case of “win some loose some” … Meh and ah that!

I think it was 2009 and my used in the dry and in summer etc. I though it was cheap aswell but I’m not going to tell him that.

So back to the drawing board for me and scouring the classifieds again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Grrrr…. I thought id just bought a great road bike.’ is closed to new replies.