Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • grrr tubleless
  • matther01
    Free Member

I got a pair of stans rim strips for £20 off here and a pint of stans sealent from merlin for £10 and everything has been a piece of piss…apart from several hours trying to get the tyres on and seat properly. I hate narrow rims!!

creamegg
    Free Member

Completely painless here. Cant understand those still running tubes but obviously some dont get on with them

Northwind

Van Halen – Member

How effective is it to get Goo through the valve’s. With core removed o course. Any tips?

It is pretty easy… But once a tyre’s on, I’ve never had any bother just unbeading part of the tyre and adding sealant, lets you have a look inside too. The tyre’ll still be at least 50% beaded, if you have proper rims or strips anyway.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Cant understand those still running tubes

I’ve had more rides with problems when running tubeless than I’ve had without. I won’t say I never had punctures when running tubed, but it was infrequent enough not to be irritating. Maybe the Ardents I have are just not tough enough for my clumsy riding. One torn sidewall and one torn knobble have rendered both front and rear tyre useless for running tubeless within far too short a space of time.

VanHalen

everything has been a piece of piss…apart from several hours trying to get the tyres on and seat properly. I hate narrow rims!!

its the hours and hours buggering about i hate and find the finished setup only sometimes worth the pain and aggro

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘grrr tubleless’ is closed to new replies.