Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Grrr, Arrrghhh!! Nghgng!
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I **** hate waiting. Told last Friday that 50% of us would be made redundent. There are two of us. I know I am better at the job so should be safe but he is Isralli like the boss and the CEO who make the decision.

Should be okay and I know all the legal stuff about relevent criteria but still makes it hard to plan stuff.

Grrr and other stuff noises. ****.

takisawa2

Hope its all well for you when it finally does sort itself out.
    Sounds a pisser having to wait though.

radoggair
    Free Member

Yeah, told 2 weeks ago i’m on a ‘risk of redundancy’. I know i have about a month once its official, though i do have 15 years service in this company so payout should be o.k. . I’m actually not really bothered. I have insurances which mean my mortgage is covered, another insurance which will give me £9000 grand a year, hopefully would get about £13-15 grand on redundancy ( with bonuses etc) , would still receive pay for an extra month. I’ve applied for 3 jobs but too be honest i’m not really bothered. What happens happens. I’m actually tempted to just blow thousands of pounds, use all my credit cards to the max, have f;all money but loads of stuff which i can ‘hide’ (bikes etc) and then when it comes just file for bankruptcy. Its only a black mark for 6 months now so hey, what the heck!!

Oh yeah, then attempt to sue the government or who’s at fault for this on grounds of improper conduct and failing to do their job adequately (or something)

grizzlygus
    Free Member

he is Isralli

He’s related to simonralli ? 🙄

Fingers crossed that it works out alright for you 😐

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

What kind of pisses me off is i have a job interview next week arranged by a head hunter before the redundency stuff kicked in. This is the second interview and I should get the job but i won’t know until after me or him is made redundent.

I will probably keep my current job as I believe I am the best choice but If I get the new job I will probably take it after what has just happened. This means the otherr bloke might lose his job and move back to Israel and then I leave. He has just relocated, got married and had a baby.

I cannot offer him the current job until I know that I have the new job so I will potentially **** him and the current company. Bit of a git really.

I actaully like the bloke I work with and the comapny so that doesn;t make it any easier. I also wasn’t looking for other jobs until they mentioned redundencies and then the headhunter called. Not a clear cut decision.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Grizz – the are following the official line and matches all my union paperwork with theirs.

Bring on the revolution!

grizzlygus
    Free Member

the other bloke might lose his job and move back to Israel

Surely he won’t move back that quickly ? If you are offered the other job, he get’s to stay and has a job, you’re happy cos you’ve got the job you want, the company resolves the problem of who to keep – everyone’s happy, no ?

If you don’t get the other job, you’ll hopefully still have one. And all that leaves is the Israeli who will be living on land stolen from the Palestinians unemployed. I can’t see the problem ?

aracer
    Free Member

the Israeli who will be living on land stolen from the Palestinians

We stole London from the Palestinians?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

No aracer – who said that ?

aracer
    Free Member

You did. Just now.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

no i didn’t

Pickers

another insurance which will give me £9000 grand a year

That’s quite alot!

bikey
    Free Member

WCA: Sorry to hear your news Nick. If you do lose your job then you can always take up event promotions. Running a big event like MM or Sleepless can be quite lucrative if run properly. Maybe us the BBB as a dry run?

Matt

PS: If you are all healed up now do you still fancy showing me around Lordswood?

enfht
    Free Member

WCA are you Palastinian?!…better empty your desk

nickc

aracer, He’s behind you..!

rOcKeTdOg

WCA you need to organise some sort of bike event to take your mind off stuff like this 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You must choose to do whatever is best for you. **** the other guy, **** the bosses, **** all of them. Think of yourself and yourself only.

In December the company my wife works for was making redundancies and one particular person was in line to go, so my wife, thinking that she didn’t want the business (or the person in particular) would be left in the lurch, told them she was pregnant. So, instead of making two people redundant, they just made one redundant. Now, 2 months later they have made her redundant too. She could have kept quiet at the time (she wasn’t compelled to tell them at that point as she wasn’t ‘far gone’ enough) and the guy would have gone and she would have probably ensured her job was safe.

Still – they totally fecked up the process and even admitted on record that they couldn’t give her any new projects to work on as she is pregnant, so she has a redundancy package and we are considering claiming for discrimination too.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well, I’m a contractor. So I’ll be out on my ear with nothing 🙂

Maybe I should’ve saved some cash?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

molgrips – worked for the company for less than two years so I get **** all too. Maybe I should have paid off so,me of the credit cards 🙁

Anyway next years BIGGER BIKE BASH may suddenly cease to be a charity event but don;t worry, this years Big Bike Bash is still giving all profits made to the UK Youth charity.

Please buy the remaining tickets quickly so I have some purpose to my life 😉

http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/tickets.php

tinsy
    Free Member

So its out of you or the other bloke, he is an Israeli the boss is an Israeli, and the CEO is Israeli…

Clear you desk, and put all your eggs into the job your being interviewed for basket.

I really hope it doesnt work that way, but you know as well as I do it might.

chakaping
    Free Member

Awful waiting isn’t it?

If the other guy has been there longer than two years there’s a very good chance it could be you getting made redundant, as it’ll be cheaper for the firm.

Give the other interview everything you’ve got. Might be better to work for a company that’s hiring than one that’s firing anyway!

markenduro
    Free Member

Best of luck, buy some bacon to leave behind the office radiator if the worst happens 😀

Zedsdead
    Free Member

“he is Isralli like the boss and the CEO who make the decision”

He’s a shoe in.

MrNutt
    Free Member

what Zedsaid, good luck WCA, that said if you get made redundant you’d get redundancy and a new job, sounds peachy creamie to me!! 🙂 (brightside and all that eh?)

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Yep, it sucks.

Get the new job and don’t look back.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

MrNutt – WCA said : “worked for the company for less than two years so I get **** all”

🙁

MrNutt
    Free Member

ah, thats not good 🙁

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Grrr, Arrrghhh!! Nghgng!’ is closed to new replies.