Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Grrr Amazon
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Replaced my Kindle free of charge – great.

However they took £150 incase I didn’t return the old one. Ok, not so bad.

They ‘refunded’ my £150 in a gift card. Not too happy about that. My bank account is now £150 down for the foreseeable future. It’ll take me many months to spend that.

Not happy.

Even more irritating is my wife had to replace her Kindle for £50 since it got broken, and I couldn’t use my gift card credit to do it. Why tf not?

And yes I know it’s a first world problem. First person to point that out gets a dirty look.

dooosuk
    Free Member

I’d be speaking to my bank/cc and Amazon pretty sharpish about that.

wwaswas

challenge them/ask card company for a chargeback – that’s just plain wrong.

ojom
    Free Member

Yep that is wrong.

Get your card people all over that.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s like they’ve nicked £150 off you. It’s ours! Bastewards.

However – Why tf not? – indeed. Only Amazon can answer this.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

That is not ok. Get on the phone to your card company and Amazon and as wtf they’re playing at.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Speak to them, my kindle broke and I was told I had X days to return my broken kindle otherwise they would charge me, I wasn’t charged then refunded. I would kick up or contract trading standards surely that isn’t allowed?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Also if you look at the terms of the gift card, it expires after a year and amazon get to keep/steal your money.

cynic-al
    Free Member

yep tell them to get ****ed and say cynic-al said so.

beinbhan

Talk to them any dealings I have had with them they have been great

disco_stu
    Free Member

I had my Kindle replaced last year, I was told that I had 30 days to return the broken one and would only get charged if it wasn’t returned in that time. I returned it in a few days and wasn’t charged anything.

drlex
    Free Member

Ditto time-limited replacement experience; wifey on #3 this week, due to screen failures. Amazon also pay for courier uplift. Original model was much more robust, until it went swimming…

jota180
    Free Member

Did they ask for card details before they swapped it or do you allow them to keep your card details on their system?

disco_stu
    Free Member

They might have asked for the 3 digit number on the back of the card but it was about 8 months ago so couldn’t be certain.

Northwind

Mystic Northwind predicts this is actually just a cockup.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Grrr Amazon’ is closed to new replies.