Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 234 total)
  • Grow up FFS
  • mugsys_m8

I’m so overcome by the sense of wellbeing that I have with the world after reading this thread, that I can’t think of any things that I do that would typically produce a ‘off ffs grow up’. However I know that I do do such things.

duckman

When I get the box of Roman armour/weapons in for my S1 pupils,I have to put it on,just to see what it looks like…I’m 43. But actually that’s young for a reenactor 😀

peteimpreza

Somebody mention Lego Star Wars?

Finished on Saturday morning.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I still “Bomb” into swimming pools.

Vic age 43.

MrsMugsy
    Free Member

mugsys_m8 can’t think of anything he does…. well he pretends to be his stuffed monkey (which he keeps in his undy drawer) and talks from the stuffed monkey’s point of view.

I’ve threatened if with ‘oxfam’ or ‘rags’ but the look of hurt on his face everytime….

Solo
    Free Member

I’m 45 years old

When I’m on the road bike, on a little muddy lane, in the 53, on the rivet, I like to pretend I’m Sean Kelly in a spring classic

I am 42 yrs old.
    On Sunday I was on muddy Norfolk backroads.
    I wasn’t near any rivets, but I encountered lots of nice dog walkers and horse riders.
    All of whom I bid a good morning to, and who returned the same sentiment to me.
    Everyone in my world was happy, Sunday.

However, I have recently completed the book A Dog in a hat.
    So yesterday, while out riding, had thoughts about Kermis races.

🙂

stumpy01

I wear my other half’s relatively substantial brassiere’s on my head like the kids in Weird Science, just to amuse her of course…..

Erm, and I do the pull your boxers up as high as they will go thing while wearing socks, strutting around the house and uttering lines from Austin Powers…..

Get a good run on the shopping trolley before gliding along with locked arms (can be dangerous in low trolley load situations), and using the relevant foot to brake round corners…

Making skidding noises when in the car when the OH is driving, every time she goes round a corner, regardless of how fast we are going…

CaptJon
    Free Member

What a thread!!

I can’t drink anything with a straw in it without blowing bubbles and giggling to myself.

Sometimes on the metro/underground i pretend i’m part of a surveillance team following a foreign spy, and try to blend in and avoid being made by my target.

Sometimes when super commuters trying too hard overtake me on their bike i make a nnneeeeeeeooooowwwwnn sound.

I’m 29 and have a PhD

Solo
    Free Member

Making skidding noises when in the car when the OH is driving, every time she goes round a corner, regardless of how fast we are going…

Excellent !.
    😆

I was in such a good mood this weekend, it was all I could do to stop myself from running along in the shopping mall and then sliding across the floor on my knees.

And I still pull a skid when coming to a stop after a quick dash my town bike.
    😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

I was as “super commuter” today, I broke my PB to the station, as I crossed the carpark line I raised one hand to the sky and uttered “yes!” (under my breath)
    I turned my lights off, blew my nose, ordered a cup of tea from the polish guy, folded my bike and resumed The Order.
    I rock me.

joao3v16
    Free Member

“Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?”

“Don’t be silly son, you’re a bloke, you’ll never grow up”

binners

This is a fantastic thread. Cheered me right up on a Monday morning.

I always aim for the middle of the biggest, deepest, muddiest puddles when I’m out on my bike. When this leads to the inevitable slow-motion-over-the-bars-into-a-bog scenario, I giggle like a 12 year old.

If I ever stop doing this, its time to call it a day

singletrackhor
    Free Member

I do handlebar arms, jump onto all small walls and do 30ft jumps off tiny mounds, 360 backflips when out walking riding my invisible bike.

Im 40 on the outside, 12 inside.

It says technical error but the winner must be the person whom decided to let 30 minutes worth of fireworks off in a minute.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-15611160

ocrider

Shopping trolley – check. Who doesn’t, seriously?

When I fart, I blame my daughter(3)
    She does the same to me and has been versed in the ways of doing it as loudly as possible.

Ocrider 38 3/4 and a very proud dad to boot.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think that firework display was more spectacular than the normal kind to be honest.

richmtb

I try and pull little endo’s whenever I stop on my bike.

I make whooping noises whenever I get more than six inches of air.

Whenever it snows I drive to an empty supermarket car park and do donuts and handbrake turns.

I’m 34 and 1/2

mogrim

Just checked out the Lego on Amazon, I really need the LEGO Technic 8421: Mobile Crane. Pity it’s nearly 700gbp!

Although the over 3000 pieces of the £1,795.96 Imperial Star Destroyer would be fun, too.

Along with the perennial favourite, farting:

One of my proudest moments as a dad was teaching my eldest how to blow bubbles in a glass of milk.

And I like shooting cars with the “triggers” on my motorbike when they get in my way on the motorway. With a badda-badda-badda noise FTW.

wingnuts

Surfing trollies is great. Its in my families genes. I do it (57), my son does it (25) and my dad flipped one in Tescos at the age of 67! Wife and daughter tut like submarine sonar.

Also son and I leapfrog post boxes or high bollards. Again started by my old man (who died before son was born). As he his now bigger and stronger than me I have taken to practising on my own. Not quite got to doing reccie trips yet, but it won’t be long.

BoardinBob

I regularly give my missus a dutch oven

If I’m shopping with my missus and she’s in a changing room trying something on and I’m standing outside the changing room, in my head I pretend she’s a super rich socialite and I’m her bodyguard and I scan the shop for any potential assailants. 😳

33 and 10/12ths

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I’m so overcome by the sense of wellbeing that I have with the world after reading this thread

+1 It’s giving me a great sense of relief that all the ‘stupid’ ‘immature’ behaviour I indulge in is apparently normal for someone aged 49.

wingnuts

Let’s be absolutely clear, this isn’t immaturity. It’s the very essence of life. Whether it’s surfing trollers or whatever, don’t ever stop doing it. I bet that for every scowling Victor Meldrew there will be 10 grannies secretly smiling as we drift past them into the tower of beans.

rusty90
    Free Member

When I’m on the road bike, on a little muddy lane, in the 53, on the rivet, I like to pretend I’m Sean Kelly in a spring classic

No way. I’m Sean Kelly.
    Here’s me out for a ride on Sunday

_tom_
    Free Member

I still laugh at seeing “Brest” in France on in-flight maps 🙂 Oh and when it snows me and my mates go “signboarding” which is kind of like wakeboarding but on snow and you ride an estate agent sign tied to the back of a car in an empty car park. I’m only 22 though so I think this stuff is still acceptable.

lunge

Drifting trolleys and then locking the arms across the supermarket is standard practice for all men I think.
    On my last holiday me and my GF spent 2 hours jumping off a jetty in various poses then climbing back to do it again.
    I have spent the last summer practising my kicking in the back garden so I can now land a rugby ball into the patio so it stops before it hits the fence.

Lunge, 30 and 11 months.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This thread keeps making me chuckle!

Another here – I HAVE to BACKFLIP in to water on holiday. Off a watr ski pontoon, a yacht, whatever…

freddyg
    Free Member

Supermarket trollies *tick*
    Finger pulling trouser tomfoolery (4 year old daugter is now also an expert practitioner) *tick*
    Marks on the car windscreen as gun-sights *tick*
    Cardboard tube light-sabers/digeridoos *tick*
    Matching nerf guns for self, son (aged 5) and daughter (aged 4) *tick*

Have also taught the kids to differentiate between and loudly announce the presence of dog-eggs* and dog-toffee** while out and about – MrsG does not approve.

*well formed and intact
    **squidgy or ‘stood-in’

Aged fourty three and three quaters

iDave
    Free Member

I look around in banks in case I can foil a heist

bikebouy
    Free Member

My fave “WakeUp” at the weekend is watching kids cartoons.
    Classics excepted my faves curently are (in no order)

Phineus and Ferb
    Kim Possible
    The League of Super Evil

I am rather a fan of Disney.

thebunk

It’s my firm belief that ANY sandwich is improved by pouring a whole packet of crisps to it and crunching the whole lot down.

I also still wave at buses and trains.

33 and a half.

CaptJon
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    I look around in banks in case I can foil a heist

i do the opposite. You know the scene in the first Bourne film when he’s surveying the cafe, finding the exit, working out who can handle themselves, who is most likely to have a gun..? That’s me in public buildings.

I also like to check out where cctv cameras are in shops.

therealhoops
    Free Member

I’m 36 and pondering my first BMX. Me laddo is getting one for chrimbo…why can’t I..?

BoardinBob

When the green man appears at a pedestrian crossing, I have to be the first person to reach the other side

large418
    Free Member

I like to do the traffic light grand prix thing, so sit there revving the engine if a boy racer turns up next to me, but then as the traffic lights turn, pull off as slowly as I possibly can, watching the boy racer have an anti climax. Keeps me amused, but only works with someone (wife/kids) in the passenger seat.
    Also tell the kids (22, 20 and 18) to stand up when we’re going up a hill to make the car lighter.

+1 for shopping trollies.

I also like to ride my bike around a lot, bit like I did when I was 12

aged 44 and 11 months

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Singletrack = speederbikes from Return of the Jedi.

Puddles, the bigger the better, even more fun if you hang back from the pack and scream “PUDDLE” as you ride into it flat out, timing your plunge so that a lady victim is next to the puddle.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Always get excited when I see another plane in the air during a flight!

And, the cross hairs appear……

hp_source

I only park on the upstairs car-park at our local tesco as the shiny surface makes 70’s car chase noises as you turn, and then I’ll finish off with a little hand brake skid into the parking space.

I’ll then proceed to walk on the escalator/ramp thing at the pace which makes you appear stationary.

I like to re-arrange the spice jars in tesco that have the big letters on the front to make rude words on the shelf.

I run the taps/flush the loo to make the shower cold for my girlfriend.

Karinofnine

If I hear the word ‘beaver’ I laugh all day (‘cos of THAT joke from Naked Gun).

The word ‘gusset’ makes me snigger.

Funny place/road names – there’s a Cock Lane not far from me tee hee hee

I just went for lunch, Babybels now come with a cute little red dish that you can put your cheese in and nuke it so it melts… yummy!

a11y

When my best man said he wanted to buy us something for our wedding present that we’d have for a long time, I suggested Scalextric.

27 at the time, still no kids 5 years later but a cracking Scalextric setup 🙂

Do we all need to grow up if we’re sitting in the office sniggering away as we read this thread?

keswiki
    Free Member

I own a full set of stormtrooper armour, 7 lightsabers have a r/c helicopter, car & tank ! Age 38 1/2

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Yep, turning into a classic this thread

Ok, I admit I might occasionally..

Crank up the volume and pretend I’m playing to a crowd of thousands

Twist the bars and make a ‘revving her up’ sound

Sing the ‘Hawaii Five-O’ theme tune whilst twisting through technical singletrack

And week before last.. when youngest (11 yr old tom boy) daughter asked if I would help her and her mates with their den in the woods build: had so much fun I had trouble not showing myself up as secretly wishing I was 11 again. Especially seeing the looks on their faces when we found a badger skeleton. Cool!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 234 total)

The topic ‘Grow up FFS’ is closed to new replies.