Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 234 total)
  • Grow up FFS
  • emsz
    Free Member

Yeah well…

I got told off by Sara when I told her. 😳

mattstreet

I also still covet Lego. And regularly use a Danger Mouse pillowcase.

34 1/2 next month.

molgrips
    Free Member

When I’m pushing hard on the road bike I pretend I’m on a solo break trying to stay ahead of the peleton. I thought everyone did this? It’s actually a pretty effective motiviator I find.. plus it’s something to occupy my mind.

I try and ‘handbrake’ shopping trolleys with one foot on one wheel.

When I worked for the council mowing lawns, the ride on mower had a turning circle that meant you couldn’t mow a new row next to the one you’d just done without doing a wide loop or a three point turn. The intelligent way to do it was to do a wide turn and mow a new strip in virgin grass then at the end of that row loop back with another wide turn to get the strip adjacent to the first one. What I found more fun though was to slam the thing into reverse (whilst going forwards), turn then slam back on full fowards throttle doing half a donut, power-sliding the mower around quickly enough to mow the next bit. How that thing survived I’ll never know.

niloC
    Free Member

I still try to body pop along with MTV! wasn’t very good 20 years ago either but I will get it right before I die! 40 now though!

Cougar

I use the tubes of wrapping paper as bazukas to shoot ditherers out of my way, complete with a “THUNK” noise as I fire it.

They also make great impromptu lightsabers. You’re welcome.

How that thing survived I’ll never know.

How the lawn survived, I’ll never know. (-:

DezB
    Free Member

I went to see a band on Saturday night.
    Told the wife the next day I was “down the front jumping around”.
    She said I was childish 🙁

They were bloody brilliant btw, The Glitch Mob.
    Grow up? F OFF!

(oh yeah, I’m 48 in a couple of months)

ton

i am currently teaching my 2 yr old grandaughter the finger pulling/farting thing.

i wedgie my son nearly everytime i see him, he inturn licks his finger and sticks it in my ear.

i stand and have screaming tantrum arguments with my 14 yr old daughter, whilst doing the whole ‘whatever girlfriend’ hand swish thing.

i walk round the house in just my undercrackers, but with them pulled up as far as they will go, while asking my wife if she fancies me.

45 going on 13 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

I watched a film this afternoon, 17 Again.. Yeah that one with Zak Efron in it.. It was excellent.. I laughed and also at one point shed a small teeny tear..

On occasions like this I do wish I was 17 again myself.

I know it’s totally impossible, I know it’s a pathetic thought, but somedays, some, I do wish..

So what I do is feel young, play young, have a youthful outlook (dispite the odd occasion) I have the outlook that I’d rather blow out than fizzle out.

And.. I do wear tight jeans, but I do look sooooo good in them.

grahamt1980

To whoever posted about the lego advent calendars, thank you. Have just ordered a star wars one for me, and a lego city one for the GF.

My favorite game is when shopping and waiting for the OH to come out of a changing room to find random bits of clothing to be wearing when she comes out. Happily I haven’t been waiting in a shop where the waiting rooms are next to the lingerie section 😯

Shopping trolleys are always great, I like hiding in the duvet cover when putting it on the bed too

Rorschach
    Free Member

tthew…..maximum points for ss cx airtime today.Should have got the win for that 😀
    Me,I ride childrens bikes every week (aged 38 1/4)

TiRed

I’m the oldest Ripstik rider at the skatepark. Still can’t grind though 🙁 . (I’m 44)

singletrackmind

I do Michael Jackson ‘heeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeee’ impressions if i feel i am riding a particular section of singletrack well.
    Rob, aged 42 1/2.

instanthit
    Free Member

Forcing a really deadly flufty (thats what we call farts in our house) while standing at the supermarket checkout.
    Hollering at the top of my voice while descending of road.
    Hollering at the top of my voice while descending on road.
    Blag off work to go riding.
    Im 49.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

i walk round the house in just my undercrackers, but with them pulled up as far as they will go, while asking my wife if she fancies me.

😆

The horror! 😯

Made me feel quite quesy just thinking about that actually, Ton…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

emsz – Member

Yeah well…

It shows tremendous maturity to un-flounce… your age clearly belies your wisdom.

grahamt1980

Forgot the most obvious one.
    Among all of my mates we have a rule that you have to call safety when you fart. If you don’t and someone realises (audible or nasally) they shout doorknob and beat you until you can grab hold of a doorknob.

Very childish, but its affect is spreading.

emsz
    Free Member

to be fair, it wasn’t much of a flounce.

I’ll try harder next time

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeah, fair do’s… don’t forget to have a flouncing theme tune.

Feel free to borrow my flouncing tune, ‘Time of my Life’.

atlaz
    Free Member

I don’t think we’ve had many permanent flounces.

Sawyer
    Free Member

Forgot the most obvious one.
    Among all of my mates we have a rule that you have to call safety when you fart. If you don’t and someone realises (audible or nasally) they shout doorknob and beat you until you can grab hold of a doorknob.

We had that at school.

grahamt1980

well the good ones continue then

DezB
    Free Member

Michael Jackson ‘heeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeee’ impressions if i feel i am riding a particular section of singletrack

Aah! I always thought that was your brakes squealing 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Surf Mat… he knew how to flounce. He knew how to do everything though so it’s hardly surprising that when he flounced, he did it the best.

tthew

Should have got the win for that

Still first club rider home.

RustySpanner

The Southern Yeti – Member

Surf Mat… he knew how to flounce. He knew how to do everything though so it’s hardly surprising that when he flounced, he did it the best.

I miss Surf Mat.

His dad taught Phil Lynott how to flounce, you know.

grahamt1980

SurfMat did an awesome flounce.

tthew

Surf Mat, yesterday.

Coyote
    Free Member

SurfMat was just awesome. In fact he was older than all of us yet, at the same time younger…

Anyway, back to the topic.

– When I walk into a hotel foyer with hold-all in hand, I am Neo.
    – I lock my arms and ride supermarket trolleys round the aisles and across the car park at speed. Never lost one yet.
    – I enjoy Nerf battles with my 7 y/o son. The “nuggets” shot being the highest scoring.
    – I have been known to “hunt” members of the family with my Nerf rifle.
    – When someone is in the shower, turning off the light and running away will reduce me to helpless giggles.
    – I still get scared in the dark when I should know better.

I’m 45. What is this growing up that you speak of?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

For all you Trolley crashers can I present – Carts of Darkness. Watch the full movie, quite poignant.

I will never let a pun go unsaid.

I started a moshpit – by myself

RustySpanner

The Southern Yeti – Member

Yeah, fair do’s… don’t forget to have a flouncing theme tune.

Feel free to borrow my flouncing tune, ‘Time of my Life’.

When I finally trip over my bottom lip I’m waddling out of the room to this:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo&feature=related[/video]

_tom_
    Free Member

It’s impossible to ride through this short tunnel without making ghost noises (but only if nobody else can hear).

Trying to ride it like a fullpipe doesn’t work though 🙁

grahamt1980

Shouting Father Jack lines is always good too.

DRINK, FE*K, GIRLS, ARSE.

Coyote
    Free Member

_tom_, is that on Freight Train? If not there’s one very like it and yes I did make ghost noises. Everytime!

_tom_
    Free Member

Yep that’s the one 😆

Coyote
    Free Member

😆

colournoise

Coyote – Member
    _tom_, is that on Freight Train? If not there’s one very like it and yes I did make ghost noises. Everytime!

I’d be quite tempted to yell out the Firestarter intro myself.

Another 40+ (41) trolley rider here – get a disapproving glare from Zoe every time I do it!

Low walls etc. always need jumping up on and walking along (again leading to disapproving glares).

Talking while burping is always good fun.

Realising the 11 year olds I teach have a more mature sense of humour than me.

Hell, we all throw ourselves around on pushbikes for shits and giggles and pretend it’s a sport. Doesn’t that tell you all you need to know about whether we have grown up or not?

In my 41 year old head I’m still as stupid and indestructible as I was when I was 15, and long may that continue.

slainte 😀 rob

emanuel
    Free Member

molgrips,me too!
    I always try to have sword fights with the practice swords in decathlon.
    not many takers though.not random strangers,mind,GFs.
    it takes a long time to learn how to be young.picasso.

emanuel
    Free Member

not many trolley riderz here in spain.prefer to drive like **** on real roads..

cannondaleking
    Free Member

i have the habit of singing along to random crap when out shopping with the missus LOUDLY and the other thing is (shes not here is she good)fart in bed then lift the duvet up with my foot then drop it so she gets blasted i know its bad but she got her own back with

Mrs ck: “do you want me to dust your nuts sweety”

Me: “sounds good go on then”

Mrs ck cuddles up to me pretends to start pulling her pj’s off then PHHHAAAAAFFFFFFFFF farts in my direction

Mrs ck: “Ha got you back” rolls over and kisses me followed by “told you id get you back”

Me: stunned to death last time i played the fart game 😯

kiwijohn

39 & 10 months
    Fart in bed & blame the cat
    Drifting shopping trolleys
    Pretend to be a robot when doing the dishes (with sounds)
    Pull my pajama pants up as high as I can & tuck my singlet in to them
    Honk the horn in tunnels
    Moshing to punk bands at the pub on saturday night
    Growing up is over rated

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 234 total)

The topic ‘Grow up FFS’ is closed to new replies.