Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • group uploading – IT folks of STW a bit of help please
  • ianfitz
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m looking for an easy way for a large group of people 250-500 to upload small files to. Ideally I wouldn’t want the files to be viewable by them, just a couple of selected people. Is this something that dropbox or google drive can do easily?

I was hoping to email out a link and instructions for people to do this.

Input appreciated 🙂

scotroutes

Email? Then put the pledges files somewhere like Drive so that the “editors” can have access.

geoffj
    ianfitz
    Free Member

That obvious huh Colin 😉

I have a nice way to sort out the words. Its the images I’m interested in streamlining the work for.

Is there a way to bulk upload attachments from gmail to drive? Dealing with several hundred separate emails is something I’d like to avoid if poss.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I’d go for email too, Ian.

Can you reveal how the numbers are looking? I’m chipping in with a pal for a copy. Going well?

scotroutes

The advantage of going through the emails individually is that you’d be able to pick up on any errors (missing images/wrong format etc). I know it’s time consuming though.

Oh – YGM

ianfitz
    Free Member

Sure thing, it’s no secret. Numbers are amazing. On to the second stretch target now and nearly £5,500 pledged by 279 people.

There’s details of the stretch targets and the totals on http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/joining-the-dots-the-highland-trail-550-journal/? if you want more info.

The email to drive add on looks like the way to go for the images I think. Cheers for that, not something I was aware of

codybrennan
    Free Member

Excellent 🙂

shandcycles
    Free Member

If it helps at all Ian, I can stick a form up on our site to capture images and words. I can do whatever you want with them once they’re submitted. I suspect they may make their way to us anyway!

ianfitz
    Free Member

Cheers Steven, if only I’d seen this earlier…

We now have a google form for pledges that will export to spreadsheet/csv and a really quite clever google plug-in to auto save email attachments in a google drive folder.

And yes, essentially there are headed to Russ 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘group uploading – IT folks of STW a bit of help please’ is closed to new replies.