• This topic has 118 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)
  • Grounding/Earthing Technology used in the Tour de France
  • treemagnet
    Free Member

For the past few weeks I`ve been testing out earthing/grounding to help with various joint problems/conditions.

I`ve noticed a big improvement in mobility and especially in pain relief, aswell as improved quality of sleep and quicker recovery from fatigue.

Just thought I`d share this information in case it may help others.

Lots of info out there about it. Earthing by Clint Ober is a really good book that explains it well.
    http://www.groundology.com/earthing-book

You dont have to buy the kits as its pretty easy to rig up your own.

Anyone else checked this out?

bencooper
    Free Member

Do you get hit by lighting quite often, then?

DrP

Do you get hit by lighting quite often, then?

Only takes one hit, Ben. Just one…..

DrP 😉

wwaswas

are you less magnetic to trees now you’re earthed properly?

treemagnet
    Free Member

It`s pretty hard to get hit by lightening, but one hell of a buzz!! 😀

Yeah, don`t seem to bumping into trees lately either.

brakes
    Free Member

does static build up in your bed when you’re asleep?
    can you not just ‘ground’ yourself before you go to sleep? just touch a tap or stick your finger in a socket or something?

thepurist

Any links to published research to explain why this works? 😉

cinnamon_girl

Aha! I’ve been reading many good things about grounding sheets etc. Very very tempted but am put off by the high price.

Of course one expects derision on here. 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

For anyone interested I’ve got some special shoe laces that work on a similar principal. Only they don’t prevent diseases they protect you against tiger attacks, but the principal around how thy work is the same. In all the time I’ve worn these laces I’ve never once been attacked by a tiger.

does static build up in your bed when you’re asleep?
    can you not just ‘ground’ yourself before you go to sleep? just touch a tap or stick your finger in a socket or something?

I’ve got an electric blanket, clear i’m completely f*****d

K

I have found my tin foil hat is far more effective when I use an PE conductor.

wwaswas

I like the steampunk approach;

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I’ve got some wristbands here that use rare earth metals and hologram technology, that are scientifically proven* to improve both muscle pain and quality of sleep by absorbing built up static electricity.

Can do you one for a Tenner if you’d like one?

bencooper
    Free Member

If only there was some kind of device that could properly and accurately measure electrons flowing between two things…

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve got some wristbands here that use rare earth metals and hologram technology, that are scientifically proven* to improve muscle pain

Can you post a link please.

I’m always complaining I don’t have enough muscle pain 😉

teamslug
    Free Member

I work with electostatic electricity all day…i’m DOOMED….

greeble
    Free Member

hahahahaha hahaaha

alfabus
    Free Member

I think we can probably chalk this one up as more quackery designed to sell useless junk to gullible people.

Couldn’t find a Bad Science article, but did turn this up:

A cursory search of PubMed did, indeed, turn up an impressive sounding study (“The biologic effects of grounding the human body during sleep as measured by cortisol levels and subjective reporting of sleep, pain, and stress”)…

… the above study was published in none other than the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, which means that it was either not submitted to, or was rejected by, journals that have any sort of legitimate reputation…

…these studies suffer from the same fatal flaws: No blinding at all, and no control groups at all. This means that the test subjects might as well have been wearing paper hats, and if told it would reduce their stress, it probably would have had the same effect. The small size of the study, 12 people, renders any result statistically useless; and my experience in such matters suggests there’s a good chance that these 12 people were very possibly employees and friends of the company selling the products.

http://www.skepticblog.org/2010/08/12/are-you-a-grounded-person/

Dave

treemagnet
    Free Member

There`s a good vid on you tube re the tour de france teams using it.

woody2000

That vid lost me at……

alfabus
    Free Member

There`s a good vid on you tube re the tour de france teams using it.

Team with corporate sponsors in endorsing product shocker.

Do you think any money changed hands?

headfirst
    Free Member

tree magnet, that video proves nothing. Replace ‘used grounding technology’ with ‘had a hot shower’ or ‘ate all their greens up at teatime’ and you’ll get what I mean.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

njee20
    Free Member

This, categorically, has to be the best place to use this:

W…T…F…

treemagnet
    Free Member

Ah well, no worries.

All I know is, I get a lot of arthritic pain and within 20 minutes of connecting to earth, the pain is more or less all gone!

Works for me …oh yeah, the dog seems to like being on me when I being earthed and likes sleeping on the earthing sheet too.

Man maybe stupid, but animals aren`t!

40mpg

I strongly believe* that people who are esily led, open to suggestion, have a significant sporting advantage over the more analytic, scientifically minded.

All they have to do is take a shot of nothing, strap on a gizmo, and their brain tells them they can perform 5% better. And they do.

Its not fair!

*oh, er…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is that why animals don’t go to school?

alfabus
    Free Member

I get a lot of arthritic pain and within 20 minutes of connecting to earth lying down, the pain is more or less all gone!

the dog seems to like being on me when I being earthed am lying down and likes sleeping on the earthing sheet bed too.

FTFY

brakes
    Free Member

I get a lot of arthritic pain and within 20 minutes of connecting to earth, the pain is more or less all gone!

is your pain worst when moving? do you stop moving when you connect to earth?

loum
    Free Member

STW – more resistant to change than the Church of England.
    😉

alfabus
    Free Member

the pain is more or less all gone!

mrjmt
    Free Member

Works for me …oh yeah, the dog seems to like being on me when I being earthed and likes sleeping on the earthing sheet too.

Maybe you’ve both got the same polarity of charge, so he finds it difficult to jump on you normally without being thrown back off by some magical force unless you ground yourself.

ddmonkey

This is the funniest thread I have read for ages, thanks.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

STW – more resistant to bullsh*t than the Church of England

FTFY 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

They’re only using it off the bike, right? Well that’s a bit useless – what they really need are:

atlaz
    Free Member

Derision because it’s stupid, not because it’s STW.

As for the Tour de France video, anyone believing that Lance and Alberto won their TdFs because of some sort of special sheet rather than large quantities of drugs needs their head read.

allthepies
    Free Member

I’ve got some of this stuff, very high quality. £25/bottle

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

As for the Tour de France video, anyone believing that Lance and Alberto won their TdFs because of some sort of special sheet rather than large quantities of drugs needs their head read.

Do you reckon Alberto’s into homeopathy? Taking drugs, then storing some blood with a tiny ammount of that drug in it, then re-injecting it to get the same effect?

atlaz
    Free Member

Even better, the doctor they have talking about how awesome it is is… Pedro Celeya. Yes, the one facing the lifetime ban from the USADA doping case. Wonder if the grounding people realise how useless their experts are.

atlaz
    Free Member

Do you reckon Alberto’s into homeopathy? Taking drugs, then storing some blood with a tiny ammount of that drug in it, then re-injecting it to get the same effect?

No, I reckon he trained with it and misjudged how long it would be in his system and used a blood bag on a rest day. Read the Ashenden interview. Anyway, thats another thread and has been done to death.

treemagnet
    Free Member

You guys are funny!

I guess I should have expected all the smart comments.

Re arthritic pain in my hand, the pain and stiffness gets so bad I can`t make a fist, let alone brake properly!
    When I hold onto a piece of copper band connected to an earthing rod outside, it still amazes me that within 20 mins I can move my fingers smoothly, easily and with no pain and only when I make a tight fist can I feel a very slight pain.

Helps with all the rest of my joints pains.

Just thought it might be of use to anyone else who suffers with pain/inflammation etc.

Im not pushing to sell any products,you dont need to buy anything, just connect with the earth more and you`ll feel the benefits.

It`s helping me get back into biking after a long time off from injuries, so I thought I was being helpful by passing it on.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Grounding/Earthing Technology used in the Tour de France’ is closed to new replies.