Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ground anchors….
  • benjii19
    Free Member

I’d like to fit one through a hole in my shed floor, unfortunately there are only 50mm concrete slabs underneath.

Any ideas?

Wally

5cm is tiny – get some larger slabs. More helpfully – Large plastic tub, fence post concrete and buried in U lock.

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

Assuming you mean through a wooden shed floor? If so, could you not just remove some floor then remove a slab and dig a hole, fill with concrete, and hey presto, anchor for your ground anchor?

carlos
    Free Member

At my last property I –

Chose position in shed for ground anchor
    Cut out floor of shed
    Dig out earth underneath
    Shutter between shed floor and earth
    Fill with concrete level with shed floor
    Fix ground anchor once cured

iolo
    Free Member

Why did your need to shutter?

carlos
    Free Member

The mix was a tad wet so would’ve just spilt out under the floor and then not been level in the shed.

Is that Ok?

iolo
    Free Member

Ok. I thought you had a slab floor(my misteak).

benjii19
    Free Member

Removing the slabs could be a bit difficult as the shed floor slats/rafters are sat on it. Can’t really pull it out.

carlos
    Free Member

Cutting/smashing through the slab is a bit of a pain, but you could just drill the perimeter of your hole then give it the good news with a bolster and lump hammer. It doesn’t need to be pretty, just allow access to dig out some earth/depth

iolo – it was on sleepers (maybe I should’ve mentioned that)

benjii19
    Free Member

Drilled the slab and broke it up, and dug down fairly deep. Now i know a d lock was suggested but would that be better than an anchor that screws in?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ground anchors….’ is closed to new replies.