Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Grizedale
  • Vinte
    Free Member

Dear STW

I’m thinking of heading to Grizedale tomorrow for a tour of the bridleways. Does anyone have a conditions report. Is there much snow or ice about?

Thank you please.

GavinB

Hi Vinte, nothing to contribute to this, but am heading up on Wednesday/Thursday for work, and planning on heading out on Wednesday night from Satterthwaite on my have little Grizedale loop, so keen to hear what conditions are like myself.

Cammer
    Free Member

I was in the area yesterday and the snow is only on the higher mountain tops. I live about 30 minutes away and it has rained all day today so what little ice and snow there was, will have all gone by now. The temperatures are forecast to rise as well.

It’ll be very wet but Grizedale bridleways handle it well (bar the North Face!)

cumbrianmonkey
    Free Member

No snow, bits of ice in some puddles and lots of puddles. In fact after today there will be more puddles than lots of puddles.If that makes sense?

Vinte
    Free Member

I’ll post an update tomorrow.

GavinB

Nice one – sounds like it’ll be wet, but that’s fine. Its the ice that makes a real difference.

Vinte
    Free Member

Hi guys (particularly GavinB), I had a good ride round Grizedale this morning. The weather was perfect and I only saw maybe two other people in the forest! The bridleways where all in good condition and not too wet in most places. There was no snow or ice.

Enjoy
    D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Grizedale’ is closed to new replies.