Grips for the Dh bike

Home Forum Bike Forum Grips for the Dh bike

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Grips for the Dh bike
  • edward2000

I find my Superstar grips on my dh bike a bit to thin. Can someone recommend some fatter grips?

I’ve recently started using ESI grips and like them a lot – they seem to mould to your hand, are warm and have a lovely damping quality. The main downside is that being rather squishy, the ends get trashed after you’ve dropped the bike a few times. Not tried them in rain yet.

spendtoomuch

Raceface do chunky lock on grips

I have tiny girl hands so can’t coment on how good they are though!

GrumpyDave

Lizard Skins North Shore Lock on grips are big and comfy.

fakesounding

Lizard Skin North shore or Raceface Strafe are both fatter grips, have a pair of each and there is little between them.

andyl

ODI rogue are some of the fattest you can get and very grippy.

Premier Icon Speeder
    Subscriber

OURY lockons are pretty chunky and are made by ODI so they’re “proper” lockons

mikey74

+1 for Lizard Skin North Shores.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

ODI Rogues are lovely and fat, though can wear quite fast.

Quite like ESI, haven’t tried them on the big bike yet though.

petehunjan

+1 for oury lock ons

greeble

ODI ruffian MX or the Renthal kevlars

rocketman

ODI Rogue here

Quite like RF Strafe as well but they’re expensive

gonzy

ODI Rogues are lovely and fat, though can wear quite fast.

really?!…i’ve had mine for about 6 years and they have hardly any wear one them….you must have some monster paws!! ๐Ÿ˜†

odi intense grips are really good too…not as thick as the rogues but the raised lettering on the grip provide extra comfort and errr…grip and they also use a 3/4 flange on the inside of the grip…

bigbadbob

ODI Ruffians. The choice of Champions. They last ages too.

Premier Icon davosaurusrex
    Subscriber

Are Sunline making bike parts anymore? Their lock on grips are noticeably bigger than any of the ODIs I’ve tried (most of them)

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

gonzy – Member

really?!…i’ve had mine for about 6 years and they have hardly any wear one them….you must have some monster paws!!

I have girly hands ๐Ÿ™ But I’ve noticed my Rogues wearing even across the duration of a raceday or uplift. They last a while as there’s so much rubber mind, and they do end up perfectly ergonomically shaped ๐Ÿ˜‰

cfinnimore

For Kevlar palmed grafters, I present >

If Yorkies did grips, last for ever and ever.

Oury!

gonzy

But I’ve noticed my Rogues wearing even across the duration of a raceday or uplift. They last a while as there’s so much rubber mind, and they do end up perfectly ergonomically shaped

the only problem i’ve found with the rogues is that they lack any feel on the bars…the ruffians felt better but the rubber wore out too quickly…i think i’ll be changing them soon to the intense lock-ons…but then again those oury’s look rather nice.. ๐Ÿ˜€

ODI Intense here too.

Hmmmm, flange.

gonzy

Hmmmm, flange.

you gotta love a bit of flange…. ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

+1 for Sunline being the fattest I’ve ever seen.

Pat Jennings must have been their chief grip designer.

I have a pair in white to flog if you;re interested, too fat for me!

wysiwyg

The ourys are on sale at 14 squid, but theyre only 115mm wide, my rogues are 130.. hmm

lornholio

Try ODI Cross Trainers if you find Ruffians too thin and Rogues/Oury too fat. I made the switch recently and they feel perfect.

elliott-20

ODI Rogues here to. Love’em.

lornholio

Actually, if you’re keen for Rogues I could sell you mine for ยฃ7.50 (without lock-on clamps, used half of last summer so plenty of life left) – just a bit too big and squishy for me. Email lornecameron@hotmail.com.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Grips for the Dh bike’ is closed to new replies.