'Grippy' Road Tyres

Home Forum Bike Forum 'Grippy' Road Tyres

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • 'Grippy' Road Tyres
  • lilchris

Here’s a question, I know on the MTB I often mix different front and rear tyres (Tread/Width/brand/etc) for their respective benefits, do people often do this on their Road bikes? or is the generally done thing simply having a nice matching pair of tyres?

Giant do a Front/Rear specific tyre for their more expensive models.

DezB – Looks pretty shit, but its only my road bike.

BURN HIM!!!

Mavic Yksion Pro Griplink are, well, grippy. They also have Powerlink for the rear. I find them to be very good in both 23c and 25c. They do come up quite narrow, but are a nice match to Open Pros.

Schwalbe Durano S are my stock winter tyre. Good wear, good grip and low rolling resistance. I have raced them in wet conditions. Marathon are heavier and even more grippy, but also a good choice for commuting.

Premier Icon dknwhy

Don’t be tempted with any tyres that aren’t black (sidewalls excluded). The colour additive makes the tread less grippy.

Currently Ribble are offering two Veloflex Open Corsas for £52, which is good considering that they are a stunningly superb tyre with 320 tpi and a grippy cross-hatched tread in soft sticky rubber. Pumped up to 110 they ride like a Pro 4 at 100 and in the apocalyptic rain on the Ride London 100 last Sunday they felt super-secure on wet polished London roads. I really do believe they are faster than my Pro 4s and they definitely feel more secure.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘'Grippy' Road Tyres’ is closed to new replies.