Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • #GrillMOL ryanair content
  • highclimber
    Free Member

I can’t work out if MOL is being deliberately stupid or if he was born that way –

#GrillMOL

molgrips
    Free Member

Now I don’t like the man at all but it seems rather weird for people to be slagging him off. People want cheap fares, but you don’t like how they get to be that cheap. Travellers have a wide choice of airlines – vote with your feet. If you hate them that much don’t bloody fly with them.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes, he’s clearly stupid. Ryanair is an utter shambles and makes no profit at all.

highclimber
    Free Member

People want cheap fares, but you don’t like how they get to be that cheap. Travellers have a wide choice of airlines – vote with your feet. If you hate them that much don’t bloody fly with them

it’s not as simple as waiving your rights as a consumer just because you’ve chosen Ryanair.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve never travelled with them, so honest question – what rights do you have to waive?

boblo
    Free Member

Looks like you’ve missed the point Moly. The OP was about MOL’s performance on Twitter not Ryanair as an airline.

As for using them, I’ve used them loads, most recently last weekend. Outbound, 40 minutes late arriving – no explan. Return, 45 minutes late – ‘bad weather’. The return was further delayed due to no ping pong bat man to guide the plane onto the stand then no chocks to stop it rolling off again (I kid you not). That after a ~4 hour flight to get ready for it…

They are pretty poor IME, the worst experience of the low costers. If you can pick up a flight for £10, then you might sigh in resignation but when they end up costing similar to the others, they are taking the pi….. but that’s their business model.

Flaperon

Return, 45 minutes late – ‘bad weather’

Go on then, how do you expect an airline to control the weather?

njee20
    Free Member

If you can pick up a flight for £10, then you might sigh in resignation but when they end up costing similar to the others, they are taking the pi….. but that’s their business model. you don’t fly with them

FTFY

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve used them loads, most recently last weekend. Outbound, 40 minutes late arriving – no explan. Return, 45 minutes late – ‘bad weather’. The return was further delayed due to no ping pong bat man to guide the plane onto the stand then no chocks to stop it rolling off again (I kid you not). That after a ~4 hour flight to get ready for it

You know most of those aren’t Ryanair’s fault, don’t you? They don’t run airports.

As far as I can tell you’re buying the very cheapest possible way to travel. So you can expect it to be shit can’t you?

As for missing the point – perhaps, but I was commenting on the angry tweets about the airline being tight – of course, why do you think the fares are so low?

boblo
    Free Member

They may not be the airlines fault but they become the airlines responsibility to deal with. A few years ago, I flew a trip with CrappyJet and they were very late. Without any aggro, they dealt with extra accom/food and then managed the EU required compo perfectly. Yes we were very late but the situation was managed very well.

I’m not sure you’ll hear that of Ryanair. They are still contesting claims arising from the ash cloud delays. The delays were not necessarily their fault, but as the airline, it is their responsibility to comply with the regs. That’s why people dislike them.

boblo
    Free Member

@flaperon. I don’t, I expect them to manage their customers expectations and keep them informed. I do expect them to ensure they have ping pong bat men and chocks available at their destinations to avoid delaying their customers. ‘Operations’ innit?

njee20
    Free Member

Not their operations though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That’s why people dislike them.

Yet still they fly with them in their millions. ‘Tis a funny old world.

molgrips
    Free Member

That’s why people dislike them.

That’s why I dislike them, and it’s also why I don’t fly with them.

I don’t like Citroen cars either, so I don’t drive one.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don’t like Citroen vans either. But a berlingo was all I could afford. I’ve been whinging at it constantly for five years now. Still they do nothing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I do expect them to ensure they have ping pong bat men and chocks available at their destinations to avoid delaying their customers.

Ping Pong Man etc are provided by the airport operator, not the airline.

Sandwich

The return was further delayed due to no ping pong bat man to guide the plane onto the stand then no chocks to stop it rolling off again (I kid you not). That after a ~4 hour flight to get ready for it…

Bite the hand that provides ground support and they won’t fall over themselves to help you out. Everything was ready for a 45 minute earlier arrival and they missed it.

The delays were not necessarily their fault, but as the airline, it is their responsibility to comply with the regs. That’s why people dislike them.

This plus lots. Someone got their sums wrong and now hoping that attrition will save them some money.

boblo
    Free Member

<sigh> So the passenger has to go to the fuel company/airport ops/maintenance co/lease co/baggage handlers/caterers/airline HR/pilot/airport transit system etc directly to arrange their flight? No? Don’t be silly… 🙂

The airline is responsible for assembling the components required to transport their passengers. There may be occasions when parts go wrong. The airline may not be at fault directly but they are responsible for the components they provide wrapped in their ‘service’.

martinhutch

They were the only operator flying to my destination, unfortunately.

Just reserved seating for my wife and kid 1, flying under one booking = £12

Went 2 minutes later to reserve for me and kid 2 = price had risen to £40…so I guess we’re scrumming it.

It’s the sneaky little tricks that are so wonderful.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I expect them to manage their customers expectations

They do. They are expected to be cheap, in both the “not expensive” and “cheap and nasty” senses of the word. They usually manage both.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

It’s the sneaky little tricks that are so wonderful.

How is that a sneaky trick? First block of seats are cheapest, next block, more expensive and so on. You just missed the cheaper block by not booking when it was available. I’ve been with a group of 4 who paid 3 different prices because 2 of them didn’t book early.

boblo
    Free Member

@bbsb. That’s true to an extent, they all use yield management software to vary the seat price. Closer to departure + fewer seats left = higher price. However, they also use cookies so they know your visit history. This usually means higher prices from a return visit. Ryanair are not alone in this.

martinhutch

Boblo – that’s what I suspected, or at least that the software linked two parties with the same address travelling on the same flight. Couldn’t be bothered to clear cookies and try again, mind you – I’d run out of time after unchecking all their insurance, mobile phone and hotel add-ons.

It did it for both legs of the flight, so the ‘block of seats’ seems slightly less likely.

Still, I’d already reduced the price paid by splitting into 2×2 rather than 1×4, so I can’t moan too much.

user-removed
    Free Member

Depending on where you live, and where you want to go, all the sanctimonious bleating about, “Well, just don’t fly with them ffs” is a humbug. For lots of people, there is no choice. Connecting flights are monopolised by Ryanair.

highclimber
    Free Member

There is also the fact that just because you’ve paid less for something, it doesn’t mean you should have to expect sub-standard customer service.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘#GrillMOL ryanair content’ is closed to new replies.