Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Grief
  • jekkyl

Wouldn’t it be nice just to have one last time with someone who has passed. So many things left unsaid when they were alive I’d love just to have 10 minutes with them to hug and to love, to talk to them and share details of my family life with but most of all just to say goodbye. They can’t hear me anymore and that’s tough.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

..and yet when you do get that opportunity to say goodbye, knowing that it’s the last time you’ll see them, it’s incredibly painful

philjunior
    Free Member

Yeah I’m kind of glad fate works the way it does, I would like to be kept in the dark as much as possible on those matters!

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Its incredibly tough. I’d love to speak to my Grandma just one last time. I saw her when she was ill in bed, chatted for ages, went through old letters and photographs. I said I was heading to the records office to research her Dad and his WWI experience. She was incredibly proud of him, her mum passed when she was young so was brought up by her dad. I said I’d report back everything I find, gave her a kiss and hug then went. Next day she passed away, then the day after that I was at the records office. It was a real mix of emotions, I was so excited about everything that I had found, but I could not tell her. She would have been so pleased. I found out how he had won the MM during the war. I am getting upset just typing it out now!

hodgynd
    Free Member

Missed saying goodbye ..to both grandparents on my mams side..who brought me up until I was six years old ..and my mam ..huge regrets for things left unsaid ..

Dickyboy

Yeah, managed to say my goodbyes to my mum, other siblings were less fortunate and her death affected them far more – well either that or I’m a heartless soul

gnusmas

Yep 😟😢

jekkyl

Sorry folks, didn’t mean to upset anyone. I was just thinking about my Mum who passed before my 2nd daughter was born, she would love her, I want to show her my daughter. Death’s so final, so terminal, it’s hard to comprehend and live with.

I wanted to note to my friends on Facebook but this is more anonymous.

anagallis_arvensis

My brother would have been 47 on Friday, many things left unsaid, many things left undone no point regretting it though. Just try and live your life well, its all you can do.

gnusmas

Jekkyl – You haven’t upset me, don’t think i could get any more upset. As (probably) everyone already knows. Just agreeing with you.

TiRed

Wouldn’t have changed much for me. Said goodbye to my dad aged 6. Expected to see him again though!  Said goodbye to my mother aged 49. Didn’t say goodbye to my sister. But we’d talked about death a lot up to that point.

thecaptain
    Free Member

It’s tough jekkyl, what helped with me was the thought that the relationship was a lifetime and a few extra words wouldn’t really have made any difference to that. Plus, I didn’t really think it was my place to force that sort of conversation on them when they were trying not to think about it too much. Maybe that’s a cop-out on my part.

timbog160

In most cases I like to think they know it without you having to say it.

in my late teens my old man asked me if I wanted to go for a pint every night for years – I always said no – what I wouldn’t give for that pint now.

But that has encouraged me to ride as much as possible with my eldest which is great!

jamj1974

Completely agree Jekkyl.

Would give so much to have another conversation with my dad, grandmother and grandfather.

Imagine being able to find a wrinkle in the fabric of spacetime and visit the past for just a few minutes…

paulneenan76
    Free Member

I’d love to be able to meet departed family again.

My Mum had terminal ovarian cancer and had got massively upset one day when saying how she couldn’t believe she’d not see my son’s 1st Birthday.  Me and the care team comforted her, said that its only a few weeks away and there was every reason to believe she’d be around long after;  she passed away two weeks before, sadly.  I would love for her to see him now, having turned 3 last week, he’s so cool, and how my 6yr old Daughter has really developed too, but I have to take some solace in the fact that she got to develop a relationship with all of her Grandchildren.

Two years on and I’m not sure if I’ve ever really got to grips with grief.  But this post has been a positive for me.

johndoh
    Free Member

I was just thinking about my Mum who passed before my 2nd daughter was born, she would love her

I lost my dad a week after we told my parents our news that we were pregnant with twins – I often wish he could have seen them. However I do miss my mum more (she died a month after they turned two) especially now they are getting a bit older and I see many of my traits in them (see yesterday’s post) and would love to be able to talk to her about them, the issues, how she coped with me and her ideas on what to do with the girls.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My mum, dad, stepdad and kid sister all died suddenly. With case of Mum at 82 and stepdad at 92 it wasn’t exactly a suprise so we’d pretty much got things sorted between us. My dad’s death and my kid sister’s death both hit me hard.

My best mate got an aggressive cancer and I knew for a year before her death, she came over from the states to say her goodbyes and we met at a hotel where she cried in my arms for 48hrs as she couldn’t cry in front of anyone else as she had to be brave for them. That really hit home.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Grief’ is closed to new replies.