Grey day ride planning…

Home Forum Bike Forum Grey day ride planning…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Grey day ride planning…
  • Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

It’s January, a bit miserable, so it’s time for me to waste time sticking together longer day rides for when it dries out a bit.

This Skipton to the Lakes one is about 85 miles, possibly continuing to Ambleside if I can be bothered and my legs are still working.

Any suggestions about the bit from the M6 corridor/Tebay towards Staveley? I know the Dales pretty well, but this bit is an unknown quantity for me.

Hopefully you can view this:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26753301

Anyone else got any interesting longer rides they’re planning?

Premier Icon Beagleboy
    Subscriber

I quite fancy having a pop at this in the spring.

http://www.5ferrychallenge.com/the-challenge.html

The friend that I do most of my roadie riding with is incredibly fit on a bike, so the thought of trying to do this loop with her is a bit frightening. Hopefully it’s scary enough to get me off my fat arse, and on the bike again once the snow and ice clears up a bit.

whitestone

I’ve done the bit from Tebay over to the head of Borrowdale – it’ll be a push for about 50% of the climb unless the surface has been improved dramatically as it was basically rubble at an angle of 25%! The last bit pulling out of Longsleddale will be a push as well.

If you intend pressing on towards Ambleside then there’s plenty of routes to the south of Garburn Pass towards Troutbeck then head round to Jenkin’s Crag.

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

The last bit pulling out of Longsleddale will be a push as well.

Yep, as soon as I’m in Longsleddale I know what’s coming up, it’s just the bit between the top of the Bowderdale loop and there that is a blank canvas. The only certainty is that I will go out of my way to avoid the Occupation Road. 🙂

Beagleboy – what happens if the ferry is late?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.