Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Greed Bankers,Aye?
  • Ro5ey
    Free Member

Apple’s new CEO, Tim Cook, to recieve compensation for 2011 of $378m … 250m quid give or take.

Nice work, if you can get it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

For what is he being “compensated”?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good for him. Succesful year, deserves to be rewarded. Your point?

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Yes he is the boss, that’s his salary. When you’re the boss of a successful firm you too can have a huge salary.

pixelmix
    Free Member

A lot of money is paid to the CEO of one of the most profitable companies in the world at present, which has vast reserves of cash sitting in the piggy bank. Why should this be an issue? Assuming he is doing a good job, Apple can pay him whatever they like.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

For what is he being “compensated”?

For NOT being steve jobs… if you ask me.

By paying him such a large sum it sends out the right signals to the market.

cranberry
    Free Member

Well done to the man.

If you are an Apple shareholder and disagree with his compensation package you know what to do. If not, what business is it of yours ?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Rather depends on if he’s proportionally responsible for the success?

Quite like the John Lewis system where everyone receives that is a fixed percentage of their salary related to how much profit has been made.

Of course Apple may already do this, in which case fair play to them.

LHS
    Free Member

That’s usually what happens, those who are the most successful with the most responsibility get rewarded the most. 🙄

MrWoppit
    Free Member

But it’s not fair. Everything should be equally divided so everybody has the same. Apparently…

kimbers

its funny i used to work for an oncologist called tim crook

he actually was a crook, was kicked out of the institute for scientific fraud, i suspect most of his publications (hes got easily over 100) are fraudulent in someway
    they retracted/ changed the papers (the ones we had proof of his dodginess) hed put out at our place but his previous (and current employers) dont seem to mind

extra sad as he was making up results in cancer research,
    he will probably never get any big grants again but he still publishes with other dodgy types and even worse is still a practising oncologist!

that is all

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I just have this image of certain type of people spitting their humus wrap all over their mac keyboards at that. Realising that they have contributed to and will continue pay for “excessive” pay…. but it’s their fav gadget so thats alright… strangely enough they have not surfaced to argue against you.

donsimon
    Free Member

By paying him such a large sum it sends out the right signals to the market.

Yep, right product at the right price will sell and make your company lots and lots of money. While I’m no Apple fan their products do appear to do what the marketing team say they do. If you want a rant have a rant at those companies that produce shite, yet with clever marketing manage to fool people into buying their crap.
    Anyone fancy a MaccyD?

DM52
    Free Member

He has to wait 5 years to get the first half of the payout and a further 5 more for the second half providing he remains an Apple employee so it is basically a huge incentive scheme to do an excellent job.

His salary is a more modest $1.4m per year plus bonuses.

yunki
    Free Member

When you’re the boss of a successful firm you too can have a huge salary.

Well done to the man.

fair comments.. but what the hell is any one man going to do with $250m..?

what’s the point..?
    what is it for..?

it’s obscene and absurd.. do none of you see the huge infected boil on the nose of your neat and tidy capitalist philosophy..?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

As an aside…This forum,

Has the ranting/jumping to options/not actually reading what is said got sooooo bad that people are reacting with ranting against an OP that was clearly and intentional a non rant…

It was merely a question… and one that most posters have failed to appreciate.

Cmon lads

donsimon
    Free Member

Something useful?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Whatever he wants, really. Obviously, on top of whatever tax he pays, I would imagine he’d like to give some to his chosen charities. Then, he’ll probably buy a great big hollowed out volcano with a monorail and a load of minions in orange jump suits. I know that’s what I’d do.

Jamie
    Free Member

but what the hell is any one man going to do with $250m..?

Buy Albert Pujols?

randomjeremy
    Free Member

He might spend it on a yacht. Which will put bread on the tables of many people who design, build and maintain the yacht, etc

yunki
    Free Member

Something useful

hollowed out volcano

Albert Pujols

bread

Damn you and your sensible answers.. 😐

Jamie
    Free Member

Damn you and your sensible answers..

Just doing our job, Ma’am.

donsimon
    Free Member

Damn you and your sensible answers..

What would you do?

cranberry
    Free Member

It was merely a question… and one that most posters have failed to appreciate.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your thread title and the

Nice work, if you can get it.

– it I read it as being a bit of a Daily Guardian moan.

Lifer
    Free Member

Has the ranting/jumping to options/not actually reading what is said got sooooo bad that people are reacting with ranting against an OP that was clearly and intentional a non rant…

Where’s the ranting?

OP was a very poor and miss-judged troll.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Quite. And how many are readling that rag on a mac, iPad or phone

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Quite a lot, judging by how succesful the company has been. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

250 million?

#Serendipitous.

yunki
    Free Member

What would you do?

spend it on eggs…

Sandwich

No problem with successful people being paid for success. People being paid loads of money for operating a monopoly, failing to perform or because it’s the “market rate” is objectionable. Once you have fed and housed your family everything else is garnish.

lazybike
    Free Member

its only money…..

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

tell him to sell his plastic crap cheaper and pay the asian workers a bit better and only take 100 mill per year … the greedy git!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Greed Bankers,Aye?’ is closed to new replies.