Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • greatest motorcycle EVER!
  • Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

CR500 anyone…..

stavromuller
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock has it spot on, the noise of that MV was amazing. The nicest bike I had was the Suzuki GS 750, loved it from the first ride and still miss it after thirty years.

racefaceec90

there’s one other bike i have to add just for being completely nuts 😀 i must admit that if i could afford to buy/run one,i would buy one in a heartbeat (over the gsxr) 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    br
    Free Member

Seriously though, RD350LC YPVS …… !

Nah. I had one after two 350LC’s. Though it’d be brill, but it just felt too grown up.

Best bike I ever had was a Kawasaki ZX9R C1 -whether it was flat-out on an Autobahn, Donington Park to Aylesbury in under an hour or commuting in all weathers. It was brill. Put 50k on it.

But best bike ever – it depends.

For my era, it’d be a toss up between Z900, 350LC, first oil-cooled GSXR750, RC30, GPz900r and maybe the 916 as a late entrant.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Ming the Merciless – Member
    CR500 anyone…..

Dave Thorpe’s HRC CR500

br
    Free Member

Way up, forgot the 465 Yamaha that scared the 5h1t out of me!

Rich_s

Good shout on Streethawk.

Road legal batshit price =

RustySpanner

Devil’s advocate re the NR750:

Oval piston tech failed on the track and was too expensive to mass produce for the road.

Yep, the styling was massively innovative (Tamburini acknowledged it as an influence on the 916) and it featured all the latest tech, but all that stuff would have appeared anyway sooner or later.

Dickyboy

Amazonas 1600 – @ 386kgs is surely the greatest motorcycle ever

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

raceface – have you ever tried taking a v-max round a corner – **** me i thought i was going to die.
    for sheer stupidity

maxray
    Free Member

Mmmmmmm bikkessss….

I am loving the Commando 961

and also the Monster Diesel:

labsey
    Free Member

This.

binners

For utter road-legal crazy-ape, bonkers mentalness, it surely has to be the RG500

A mate had one. It was insane. His quote was ‘It’ll pass anything! Apart from a petrol station!”

Most fun bike I’ve had was one of these

FZR400 RR EXUP. Used to redline at something absolutely insane. More chuckable than anything on the road. The grin factor on Welsh B roads was through the roof.

salsaboy

thehustler
    Free Member

used to run the 500 class and beat them!!

flange
    Free Member

I’d say either the Brittin or the Desmodici. Both stunning….

MaryHinge
    Free Member

You guys just aren’t trying hard enough!

or

Woody
    Free Member

That looks wicked MH and I was so inetrested in how it would ride I’ve found this on youtube
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1YoCfm7nxU[/video]
    I want one but not sure you’d get away with riding on the pavement!

beaker2135

RD350LC – small, light, ridiculously fast, pretty (with bikini fairing) and the smell of Castrol R. Ah the 80’s
    or the bike you enjoyed most and survived…

jackthedog
    Free Member

Britten V1000 for me, as predictable a choice as it might be, although…

Late Afternoon Ride 08 by anjin-san, on Flickr

weeksy

binners

Are people seriously suggesting horrifically boring, plodding, shaft driven Honda V Twins, that are the 2 wheeled equivalent of a Rover 25 with a tartan blanket on the back shelf.

Have a word with yourself

stevied
    Free Member

Best bike I’ve owned: RGV250
    Best bike I’ve ridden: RGV500 (RG500 engine in an RGV250 frame)…

kiwijohn

I remember seeing the Britten race at Wigram in 93.
    Had a half lap handicap behind the rest of the field. Was second by the end of the first lap to a big Kawasaki & did a wheel stand the length of every straight.
    Such an immense machine to be built in a shed from scratch.
    So tragic John Britten died so young.

Pigface
    Free Member

Binners Hell yes people couriering them could get star ship mileage, 250,000 miles was not uncommon. Handled like a drunk camel and very unexciting but just go for ever. You have to love them.

binners

I used to be a courier. My GSX-R would be sat amongst about 20 of the hideous things, all with those mahoosive, monsterously aftermarket ugly fairings, outside the office

They made more money than me. I had more fun! 😀

vinnyeh

Are people seriously suggesting horrifically boring, plodding, shaft driven Honda V Twins, that are the 2 wheeled equivalent of a Rover 25 with a tartan blanket on the back shelf.

Have a word with yourself

Phwoooar

klumpy
    Free Member

If you want the bike that’s given the most to the world, it’d be the Honda C50/90. Entire 3rd world continents only function at all because of them.

Or it’s the ’92 Fireblade.

Pigface
    Free Member

Binners were you on circuit in London? I worked for Vanguard, Hornet and a picture developer on Lots Road, best job I ever had 😆

So many crazy people and stories from those times, 84/85 😆

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘greatest motorcycle EVER!’ is closed to new replies.