Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Great week with RideSlovenia.
  • toys19
    Free Member

What an amazing week, we have been on many riding holidays in the last few years, and this was the best ever.
    Slovenia is a lovely place, clean, safe and incredibly beautiful. The accommodation was superb, lovely house, comfy beds, ensuite rooms, huge lounge, well equipped secure workshop, bike wash, warm terrace, and a great dining room. And a washing machine! Jon is a great host, driver, guide and chef, we had breakfast and supper every day and he coped admirably with some of our groups vegetarian needs and supplied loads of free beer and wine. The trails were amazing, from steep and gnarly to fast and flowy with all combinations in between. Jon’s guiding was flawless, and he was able to offer some effective coaching. There is a mix of epic climbs, insane long descents, and upliftable trails, Jon is happy to meet your needs (some of us need more uplifting than others..) We had fabulous hot weather, which brought about a couple of days of thunder storms. The best days riding was actually achieved during one of the lightening storms, which says a lot about how brilliant the place is. I think the best indicator of how well run the operation is, that despite frentic riding and some demanding climbing, it was the most relaxed week. Jon is laid back and just keeps everything smooth. Thanks RideSlovenia, we will be back, in numbers. Can’t wait.

thepodge
    Free Member

The Slovenians were awesome at ssec

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I’ve often pondered a Slovenia trip. how did you get there? did you take your own bikes?

unklehomered
    Free Member

well timed recommendation there. Will check them out,thakns.

toys19
    Free Member

We flew Stanstead Ljubliana with Easyjet, brought our own bikes. 32kg bikes, 20kg luggage and over packed hand luggage. You can fly from Birmingham too I think.
    Jon at RideSlovenia collected us from the airport so no expensive transfer fees.

I am defo going back, it was easily the best overall package.

toys19
    Free Member

PS I can confirm it improves your life/fitnes, after my week with ride sloveniawith healthy food, massive climbs, the heat, gallons of water and the altitude (well 1600m) I can safely say I am 5.8% fitter. I just knocked 3mins off my lunchtime ride. 48.30 mins down from 51.30. Wooop.

jon015
    Free Member

The guys from ‘Trippin’ web series have just released their 2nd episode from their stay earlier in the year with Ride Slovenia.

http://www.epictv.com/media/podcast/slovenian-singletrack-loose-rocky-and-fast-%7C-trippin-worldwide-inc-ep-2/600307?b=1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Great week with RideSlovenia.’ is closed to new replies.